Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    I don't think the age is a big issue, he's a late bloomer. But if you think his big jump in his sophomore year was because his age compared to competition that might give you pause. I think when you draft guys that are 18-19, you are spending the first couple years waiting for them to turn 22.
    But they also may look at it like we are taking this 18 year old and developing him for 4 years in our system with our strength coaches....by the time that kid is 22 years old is he ahead of where keegan is now?...Then again you draft guys like Sekou at 18 and he is out of your organization by 20...I guess there are plusses and minuses to both approaches.

Comment

• I think the younger a guy gets drafted the more likely he is to take root on his second or third team.

Comment

• One of the problems with trying to develop a young guy for 3 or 4 years is that if you take that approach by the time they are ready to be contributors you have to pay them. An example is Jordan Poole, the Warriors took a flier on him and he toiled for 3 years in the G League. He went to the right place and did develop, but GSW is basically getting one season of Poole at a decent rate before they have to pay him big.

The quicker a rookie can contribute, the better.

Comment

• I just found out that Jordan I've is the Grandson of James Hunter. I used to like Hunter in that backfield

Another destiny story for a Detroit team?
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Jordan Ivey
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Are you sure? Jordan Ivey is white as snow. I think James Hunter needs to do a paternity test. Someone call Maury Povich
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• And Jordan Ivey is a girl. This is just getting weirder
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

One of the problems with trying to develop a young guy for 3 or 4 years is that if you take that approach by the time they are ready to be contributors you have to pay them. An example is Jordan Poole, the Warriors took a flier on him and he toiled for 3 years in the G League. He went to the right place and did develop, but GSW is basically getting one season of Poole at a decent rate before they have to pay him big.

The quicker a rookie can contribute, the better.
                  and how many more guys can the Warriors pay top money? THe salary cap in the NBA is a farce but I am guessing they pay high luxury tax.

Comment

• They pay.a.ton of.luxury tax to keep their homegrown talents but to extend Poole, they will probably lose Wiggins.

Comment

• I went to the Portland forum and they completely hate the Grant for the 7th pick. I’m pretty sure heads would explode.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• I watched a little more of Murrays film. He actually looks like a pretty solid pick. I wish he was a little bigger but he can play multiple positions.

I still like Ivey and Sharpe better. Iveys entire highlight reel Is him blowing by people and posterising them.

Sharpe moves well but no one has seen anything on him since HS. I’d take any of them as they’d all make the team better
                        Last edited by jaadam4; May 22, 2022, 11:31 AM.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                          I went to the Portland forum and they completely hate the Grant for the 7th pick. I’m pretty sure heads would explode.
                          What do they want? Dame has a couple prime seasons left.

Comment

What do they want? Dame has a couple prime seasons left.
                            I’d be ecstatic so I’m all for it
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Wish the draft wasn’t a month away. Seems like Ivey vs Sharpe vs Murray is going to be like Hutchinson vs Thibodeaux vs Walker all over again in the Detroit sports community.

​​​​​​…

Thoughts on the Pistons possibly giving Ayton a big deal?
                              I don’t think it’s likely the Suns re-sign Ayton… I’ve heard some questionable things about Ayton’s character. Lack of desire to be great. You have to question Ayton being pulled in game 7 too. The other question is the risk of paying a big in the NBA. The plus side is Ayton is a quality starting center and only 24 years old next season.
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• As a general rule, someone is a free agent for a reason. The important thing to find out is what that reason really is, and if you can work with that on your team.

Comment

Working...
                                X