No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For comparison, Kevin Garnett didn't win a playoff series until his 8th season when the T-Wolves got to the conference finals in 2004. After that season they never made the playoffs with him. They were a consistent 1st round exit when he was there. He didn't win another series until 2008 when he won a title with Boston. The same argument used about Embiid not elevating anyone could have easily been applied (and were used) to KG that he didn't elevate his team. Once he was surrounded by top talent he won a title.

The one season Embiid had Butler and Simmons, he was amazing in the second round and they lost on a miracle buzzer beater by Kawhi.
    Last edited by froot loops; May 23, 2022, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• Well, obviously Garnett wasn't committed to making his teammates better until he was in Boston, duh!

Comment

• I went to the gym to watch the game while running on the treadmill and the game was over before I started. This Boston/Miami series is awful basketball.

Comment

• A lot of blowouts.

Casey, Cunningham, Stewart, Hayes, and Livers were actually at the Heat - Celtics game tonight. Seeing a playoff game in person for the young core.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I hope they aren't taking notes on the offense being played.

Comment

• It sucks that Sharpe didn’t play at the combine. Man up kid, you haven’t played in a year
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                A lot of blowouts.

Casey, Cunningham, Stewart, Hayes, and Livers were actually at the Heat - Celtics game tonight. Seeing a playoff game in person for the young core.

Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• They were there to announce a Pistons game in France.
                  Last edited by froot loops; May 24, 2022, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• Killian Hayes must be happy about that.

​​​​​…

I saw that the Pistons are 6/1 Vegas favorites to add Russell Westbrook if he doesn’t play for the Lakers next season. Sure, if the Lakers want to give up their unprotected 2027 1st RD pick… that’s where you start. Then the Lakers can go after Zach LaVine in free agency. I think the Pistons would have to then buyout Westbrook’s contract so that he doesn’t hurt the development of the young core. Perhaps this is something to consider if there isn’t a better use for the cap space next season. Hopefully it doesn’t come to this.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Why would the Pistons want him? Vastly overpaid and plays the same position as the teams best player.....He's a shell of his former self...Pass

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        It sucks that Sharpe didn’t play at the combine. Man up kid, you haven’t played in a year
                        Isn't he the one that turned down a meeting with the Pistons not long ago? Maybe he has a guarantee from Sac at 4?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          1. He has only played 6 seasons.
                          2. The high draft picks he has been surrounded by are Jahlil Okafor, Ben Simmons, Markelle Fultz, He is not responsible for any of their failures.
                          3. This year's Sixers team is a lotto team without him.
                          4. This is very similar to people who blamed Staffo d for the Lion failures, you need talent.
                          In the NBA you need the right talent. IMO there is a reason no one develops in Philly around Embiid. There is a reason Embiid has never done anything except put up stats. Reminds me of Dwight Howard. Allen Iverson. Some guys make the team better, some guys make themselves look good. Embiid will be in the MVP conversation, and he will be a quick exit in the playoffs.

Not quite the same as Stafford. No matter who Stafford was on the field with, he made them better. CJ, Tate, Golladay, Jones, all the way down to Fauria. Stafford got the best out of everyone. He took nobodies and got them on ESPN. ANd some guys in the NBA are like that. Lebron for instance. Ben Wallace in Detroit. Chris Paul.Giannis. And I believe Cade.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            Killian Hayes must be happy about that.

​​​​​…

I saw that the Pistons are 6/1 Vegas favorites to add Russell Westbrook if he doesn’t play for the Lakers next season. Sure, if the Lakers want to give up their unprotected 2027 1st RD pick… that’s where you start. Then the Lakers can go after Zach LaVine in free agency. I think the Pistons would have to then buyout Westbrook’s contract so that he doesn’t hurt the development of the young core. Perhaps this is something to consider if there isn’t a better use for the cap space next season. Hopefully it doesn’t come to this.

Hard pass for me.

Comment

• It would be a salary dump where we take on his deal and land a bunch of picks.

Comment

• We wouldn’t be trading for the player.

Comment

Working...
                                X