No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

How much did you follow Ben Wallace in his 1st and 2nd seasons as a pro. Maybe you could give us some examples from his Waizard days.
      Wanna bet?
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Stewart simply doesn't have the athleticism to be Big Ben. I remember watching Ben with Washington and wanting the Pistons to have that guy. He couldn't score, but was a beast defensively and on the glass
        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Again, nobody knows with Stewart but he was 20 years old on a team that was actively tanking, BIg Ben Wallace scared nobody at age 20, 21, 22, 23,24 in the NBA. He sucked in the league for his first four or five years. You keep on comparing Ben in his prime versus Stewart in his first two seasons. I can tell you one thing, Stewart is already better offensively than Ben, because Ben always stunk offensively. The fact that you think a 20 year old is comparable to someone in their late 20s is telling.

If you want to throw Bagley in our faces, fine. People thought so highly of him that Sacramento picked him over Luka. He was riding the bench in Sacto when the Pistons gave up nothing for him. Does anybody remember what they gave up? Trey Lyles and a second rounder. Bagley thrived with Cade, that should show you situation and experience matter in the NBA.

That they drafted Duren shouldn't be a mark against Stewart, Stewart's celing may end up as a bench player on a contending team. Golden State just won a championship playing 10 players. Their two best defensive players were a 6 year G League veteran and a #1 who was a laughingstock in the league in Wiggins. Wiggs was the worst defensive rebounder in the league for his size in his time in Minnesota. Again another lesson that circumstances and experience matter.

Comment

• Rodman and Ben Wallace...probably 2 of the greatest non-scorers to ever play the game. Isaiah Stewart will get better, but I dont know if he can ever reach their abilities....THe thing about the other two was they just wanted it more than everybody else....I dont quite see that yet in Stewart but he is still young.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

Wanna bet?
              No I want you to give examples of his stellar play as a Wizard when he was averaging 4 PPG. Give me some games I can go look at.

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                Rodman and Ben Wallace...probably 2 of the greatest non-scorers to ever play the game. Isaiah Stewart will get better, but I dont know if he can ever reach their abilities....THe thing about the other two was they just wanted it more than everybody else....I dont quite see that yet in Stewart but he is still young.
                This might be true, but again the team was actively tanking and had no size. It's hard to pin stuff on the guy who did show up and play hard.

Comment

• Ben Wallace and Dennis Rodman combined only averaged double digit points once in their HoF careers. Once. Big Ben only averaged 8+ points per game twice in his career never eclipsing 10.

Stewart averaged 8 points and 8 rebs in his second year in the league and he's probably going to be hit the double digits in both this upcoming year depending on his role. Hell Weaver traded up to select him before S Bay. That should tell you what they think of him.

F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Of course they could sign Bridges and put Stewart in a Jason Maxiell role and he'll decrease all around. You never know.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Ivey to the Pistons was destiny.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

You'd be hard pressed deciding which of the 3 is the best Detroit GM at the moment between Weaver, Holmes and Yzerman. We're at such a great place with those guys leading the way. All the teams have ascending young talent and they're doing well financially with cap space.

SVG, Holland and Quinn left a shit show for those guys and now the future is bright.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Maybe Yzerman can deliver a .500 season, it's a big ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Maybe Yzerman can deliver a .500 season, it's a big ask.
                            I'd say the odds are much better with Blashit gone. Delivering the rookie of the year and the 4th place in Raymond is a helluva start.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

You'd be hard pressed deciding which of the 3 is the best Detroit GM at the moment between Weaver, Holmes and Yzerman. We're at such a great place with those guys leading the way. All the teams have ascending young talent and they're doing well financially with cap space.

SVG, Holland and Quinn left a shit show for those guys and now the future is bright.
                              I think this past draft put Weaver in the pole position. Cade- Ivey has transformative potential. If those two can shoot consistently ... it's over
                              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

I'd say the odds are much better with Blashit gone. Delivering the rookie of the year and the 4th place in Raymond is a helluva start.
                                I want to he odds to be .500 to be 100 percent. Time to do something. The free passes are over.

Comment

Working...
                                X