No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London you're what we call in Detroit a Stafford slappy.
    you will defend him and compare him to great qb's to justify him screwing up but in reality instead of comparing apples to apples it's apples to oranges.

Comment

• No, I'm not. I've been pretty critical of Stafford these season and argued with some in the process. He's been well underpar. I'm not comparing him to Manning (or any of the other listed QBs), if only. I'm saying I think there are things that he could learn from him that would improve his game because he certainly needs help. As bad as Stafford has been, he's not alone in missing the odd deep ball. Literally everyone does and I saw it happen a bunch of times yesterday.

Comment

• Go on you tube and look at Tom Brady after winning a super bowl still going back to old high school coach who taught him QB mechanics and still wanting to be coached. No arrogance that he won and could rest on his laurels.

Compare that to Stafford who once said he didn't need a QB guru or any other outside coach to help him with mechanics.

There's your difference.

Comment

• Stafford or Cooter (who is friends with Manning) should be reaching out to try and help correct fundamental flaws in his game.

Staring down receivers is not a good look for a 10 year vet. Manning was the master of misdirection.

Comment

• Don't be naive here, they've been running these same give up plays for the entire Cooter era. Stafford is apparently perfectly fine with the OC calling them - because lets be honest here GOOD QB's challenge their OC from time to time when shit gets stale - even when the OC is a well established name in the OC ranks.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Look, a dynamic playcaller is only as good as the QB he has running those plays. What in the the 10 years of Stafford in DET would lead you to believe that he and a dynamic play caller would turn into some eureka moment?

Stafford has pretty much despised being under center - and a RB like Dickerson lined up right where Stafford usually sets up shop.

In the end Stafford is going to have to show a part of his game that for some odd reason the last 10 years he hasn't shown to any OC - let alone a newfangled "dynamic playcaller".
                I think they are even more conservative with Patricia than they were with Caldwell and I believe Patricia is managing that.

Comment

• While this may be true from time to time, the reality is you just give the defense 1 more defender to cover the 10 yard route - because the 2 yard route isn't even a threat. It's stupid playcalling.

Now if you could design that play where the receiver is heading upfield with a full head of steam, the throw leads him to the marker and has an isolation where he only has 1 guy to beat - I'd be ok with that. Far, far, far too often the receiver's back is to the defense - he doesn't have a chance even if the initial defender falls - by the time he gets going the pursuit eats him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

I think they are even more conservative with Patricia than they were with Caldwell and I believe Patricia is managing that.
                    There is no way Patricia is driving that bus with his foot on the gas - especially not with the way the defense has played for most of the year. To drive that bus like Ralph Cramden you better have the Bears defense.

Comment

• I think he has a big part of it, I don't think the offense is autonomus from him. I may be wrong.

Comment

• Does Stafford change play calls at teh line of scrimmage like a Manning did or does he just go with whatever is called? We see so many awful play calls thats it hard to beleieve a 10 year vet can come up with something better based on what he reads.

Comment

• If the play calling is heavily influenced by Fatty Matty, over Robert Vagina, I could see him running the plays called with an

Hey, he's doing his job, attitude kind of thing. I'm not feeling too optimistic about Fatty Matty.
                          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Wasn't a selling point for FMP that he would use player's strengths in his game?
                            Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by ghandi View Post
                              Does Stafford change play calls at teh line of scrimmage like a Manning did or does he just go with whatever is called? We see so many awful play calls thats it hard to beleieve a 10 year vet can come up with something better based on what he reads.
                              Presuming it was like how Manning ran it with the Colts, what generally happens is that he'd be given three plays over the headset, then he'd decide to either go with the primary play, or switch to one of the two others with a call at the line.

With JBC, I won't dismiss the possibility that all three plays would be garbage.

Comment

• I hate to see passes thrown far behind the line of scrimmage on third down. Pisses me off more than any other play. I wish this team would use more trick plays and be less predictable. This team went from aggressive to pointless. Oh...but this is the 'Stafford Sucks' thread, ain't it.'

Ok...he's no Aaron Rogers. Bet we're stuck with him. Send him an "attaboy". Maybe saying something nice will work better than perpetual negativity, sniping, and other forms of bitching and name calling.

Comment

Working...
                                X