Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many yards did Stafford throw for in 2nd half
    This was a typical Matthew Stafford football game.
    But
    It is what it is
    moving on to face the Viqueens at home
    Win the next 3 and this game is forgotten

Comment

• Win the next 3 and this game is forgotten
      Nope, if you forget shit that easy, can I borrow a hundred bucks?

Comment

• Originally posted by madatgravity47 View Post

Nah, that'd be giving you what you want...for whatever reason you get a false sense of satisfaction from people ignoring you
        Noooooo. He's using troll magic on you. He wants someone to engage with him.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
          How many yards did Stafford throw for in 2nd half
          This was a typical Matthew Stafford football game.
          But
          It is what it is
          moving on to face the Viqueens at home
          Win the next 3 and this game is forgotten
          How many would he had if no PI and a continuance of that drive? If a catch magically is not a catch and a continuance of that drive? If they got the ball back when they should have , instead of GB keeping possessions they didn't earn?

Sorry but you can't sever one from another. All though most MS/Lions haters will still do it.
          Last edited by Futureshock; October 16, 2019, 10:49 AM.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

In all fairness, one of your metrics is useless (YPG), because you actually have to TRY to run the ball to get rushing yards. Lions lived at the bottom of rushing attempts virtually all of Stafford's career to date. The "excuses" have been plenty, and the Lions have tried to address those excuses repeatedly - yet they still struggle to run the ball. The fact is the only thing they haven't changed at least 3 times in Stafford's time in DET is the QB.

If there is one thing the good QB's knew/know how to do (which you failed to address by the way), it's that they get their team into favorable situations and out of obvious bad situations fairly regularly.
            Here is why YPG is far from useless. It shows a few things to a perspective DC looking to stop our offense. You don't get a high YPG number if you only run well against a few crap defenses. It builds a level of consistency on what you can do to this DC's defense. Knowing a RB on the goalline can punch it in, doesn't mean much on what you need to defend between the 20's. This also takes into consideration and builds the same story whether you are a team with a stud back or a team like ours that will use more of a platoon effect. It does not matter, what matters again is what the DC will have to do against your offense. So when we show year after year after year in Stafford's career where we had league low level YPG, it shows that if you are the DC you are going to blitz a lot and send extra guys in coverage a lot. You aren't going to stack 8 man boxes and THAT is what matters when we are talking about what the QB has to deal with.

YPA does show your stud backs and yes they bring with them a "fear factor." If your back has a high YPA, then they also bring with that a high fear factor to opposing DC's. IE we had that with Jahvid Best, but only for 5 minutes. Yes I appreciate the try, but he was a guy with concussion issues before we drafted him and so it was when he got here. But remember that Chicago game? That makes a DC go we can't only worry about what Stafford will do to us. Again we've had precious little of that. I am not saying Stafford is blameless. What I am saying is if you really look at the times Stafford has had a decent TEAM around him in key areas that do take pressure off a QB, look high and low and if you are honest, you'll see that we've had some good areas in revolving door fashion, but then TERRIBLE in another key area like the running game, or like the pass defense. If you have to score 35 to win, pssst, it's not the QB that's the problem. TRYING to fix it is ok, but it's a results business and it's those results that have been pathetic. So it's very foolish to blame the QB as much as many in Detroit do when he has not been given very very basic support.
            Last edited by 3rdRGR; October 18, 2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• The defense gave up 23 points. And a 12 man on the field added 4 points to that total as well as possibly 7 more on 2 bullshit hands to the face penalties.
              The defense played well enough to win that Packed game.

Comment

• But I do understand not being able to run tje ball hurts this offense as well as a dropped TD pass in the last game by #88

Comment

• Except they didn't win no matter how one tries to package it.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                    Except they didn't win no matter how one tries to package it.
                    I checked every day this week and ESPN had the Lions at 2-2-1 every time....

Comment

• Harrington had he not leave for college after his junior year and stayed for his senior year. Could had been something else.
                      Memorial Day 2018!

Comment

• Originally posted by Passepartout View Post
                        Harrington had he not leave for college after his junior year and stayed for his senior year. Could had been something else.
                        Blue Skies didn't come out early
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by 3rdRGR View Post
                          too long to quote......
                          Only counting numbers that are really relevant for a team are these:
                          Points Scored (but remember the offense doesn't score 100% of those)
                          Points Allowed (but remember the defense doesn't allow 100% of those)
                          W/L/T column

Think about it, NE was ranked 29th in defense in YPG allowed by their defense. That same year, they were ranked 5th in fewest points allowed - and went to the SB.

Doesn't matter what your rushing (or passing) YPG is if you are losing more than you are winning - it's totally pointless - pun intended.

Comment

• Originally posted by Passepartout View Post
                            Harrington had he not leave for college after his junior year and stayed for his senior year. Could had been something else.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Quit trying to change history.
                              He wasn't talented enough to make it. He wasn't equipped to be an NFL QB. He didn't get along with his team mates because they knew he wasn't good enough. He was thrust upon three coaches that knew he wasn't good enough to be an NFL QB. The chips were stacked against him because he wasn't good enough. He was a career clipboard holder from day one. Should have been a 6th round pick.

End of story.
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                                He was a different kind of person
                                What exactly is that supposed to mean? Rosey Grier was a "different" kind of person, loved to crochet, big ass teddy bear of a man. Don't think for a second he didn't earn the respect of his teammates though because football isn't crochet. You check that at the door when you report to work everyday, you got a job to do and in football it inevitably involves some level of confrontation - whether with teammates to get them in line or the opposition.

Comment

Working...
                                X