Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Most of this sounds good to me. As long as the Lions hire a GM first... then hire a head coach second... then draft a QB third. Has to be in this specific order.

Do all of this during the 2021 offseason.
    The trade deadline is over. They need to fire Quinn now, so they can search for and hire the new GM before the offseason begins.

Comment

• Signed, sealed and delivered...

Detroit Lions great Calvin Johnson: I wish I could have played with Aaron Rodgers

Jeff Risdon
      Lions Wire

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        Signed, sealed and delivered...

Detroit Lions great Calvin Johnson: I wish I could have played with Aaron Rodgers

Jeff Risdon
        Lions Wire

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...rs/6294579002/
        Meh, Calvin had his chances to become a FA and do just that - he re-upped instead - for 7 fucking years.
        In fact I expected him to pull a SUH, make them Franchise him till they couldn't franchise him anymore.

Comment

• That's the problem, Calvin really DIDN'T have his chances to become a Free Agent. Suh's way out worked because he intentionally plotted it out so that his bill was coming due at the same exact time as two other players (one of them Calvin), that the Lions wanted more.

(For the record, it was more than possible for the Lions to have kept all three had Mayhew and Lewand been smarter with their process, but I digress...)

With the current structure of the NFL, if a team really wants to keep you, your only option is to go full scorched earth and potentially wipe out an entire season, at which point, you're losing out on a LOT of money both in your current deal AND your next one. Ask LeVeon Bell how forcing his way out of Pittsburgh worked out for him sometime.

This idea that Calvin could have left at any time is completely wrongheaded.

Comment

Jeff Risdon
            Lions Wire

Can't blame him for wanting to play with Rodgers ... hope he's never associated with the Lions again tho
            WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• I disagree about it being wrong-headed. The franchise tag isn't set up for guys to be able to be locked up forever and if its clear no deal can get done teams aren't gonna eat those 20 percent yearly raises on a disgruntled player for more than a second tag tops. If he wanted out he could've been out before he retired.

Im not one of the people that hates him for it and wants him never to be part of the family again as I think much blame does lie with the shitty ownership causing this behavior from it's stars.. However, Calvin is not innocent. I have a real hard time believing he had any intent on playing out that mega deal.

Comment

Jeff Risdon
                Lions Wire

In a quiet honest moment every player probably says the same thing about Brady. Even the Chreips. Froggy hasn't always been there. He answered a question and took the opportunity to throw a toxic statement towards the Lions. It still doesn't get him his $1 mil though. BTW, if they never ask for that $ back we never here this or anything negative. He didn't say jack when he was lacing them up and it mattered what he thought.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                  I disagree about it being wrong-headed. The franchise tag isn't set up for guys to be able to be locked up forever and if its clear no deal can get done teams aren't gonna eat those 20 percent yearly raises on a disgruntled player for more than a second tag tops. If he wanted out he could've been out before he retired.

Im not one of the people that hates him for it and wants him never to be part of the family again as I think much blame does lie with the shitty ownership causing this behavior from it's stars.. However, Calvin is not innocent. I have a real hard time believing he had any intent on playing out that mega deal.
                  The franchise tag is ALSO set up to not really give a player a good choice. In a league where your career could be over literally in a snap, the LAST thing you want is to be locked down in a series of one-year deals.

Yes, there are "scorched earth" ways to get to Free Agency, but the leverage is overwhelmingly in the team's favor.

Comment

• Still can’t believe they made that man pay back the million. Such a shame he’ll never come around and embrace his career because of that stupidity by this organization.
                    "Maybe next year."

"If we rebuild it they will win."

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

The franchise tag is ALSO set up to not really give a player a good choice. In a league where your career could be over literally in a snap, the LAST thing you want is to be locked down in a series of one-year deals.

Yes, there are "scorched earth" ways to get to Free Agency, but the leverage is overwhelmingly in the team's favor.
                      When you are making top dollar, getting locked into mega-dollar 1 year deals with escalating pay increases isn't a death sentence.
                      Your wife isn't forced to wear JC Penny and your kids aren't wearing Payless specials.

Comment

• Yeah fuck that guy for wanting to win a championship or something before he retires.
                        Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                          Yeah fuck that guy for wanting to win a championship or something before he retires.
                          There's a difference between that and going over to the opposing QB during games and telling them you wish you could be on their team
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• The reason pure and simple that I HATE Rodgers has to do with one simple play.....The longest game ending hail mary in NFL history to beat the lions. Let me explain...The hail mary shouldn't have even happened. Rodgers got a bogus facemask call on Devon Taylor. He fell to the ground, PUSHED his facemask up and put his hands up like-"are you gonna call something here" when Taylor ran his hand across his right shoulder. He did not grab his facemask. The extra play should never have happened and rodgers asking the refs to make the call by pushing up his facemask was flat out cheatful deceit!

Screw you Calvin, go smoke some pot with some fudge packers

Comment

• It’s the middle of the season, so it’s time for the yearly Stafford injury. Ligament damage to his throwing thumb.

Thankfully we had the 3rd pick last year and drafted Tua...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan V View Post
                                Screw you Calvin, go smoke some pot with some fudge packers
                                I know a place on Mackinac Island where you can smoke some fudge with pot packers. Just ask for a guy named Calvin.

Small world indeed.

Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

Working...
                                X