No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, you gotta understand. We're used to seeing the Lions defense, who only accomplish anything when the opponent shoots itself in the dick. They've reached the conclusion that ALL defenses must work like that. The idea of a defender making a good play is foreign to many of us.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
      Well, you gotta understand. We're used to seeing the Lions defense, who only accomplish anything when the opponent shoots itself in the dick. They've reached the conclusion that ALL defenses must work like that. The idea of a defender making a good play is foreign to many of us.
      Matty has never thrown slick six that was his fault.
      The only logical explanation is:
      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Sure he has. For example, Patricia's debut featured TWO god awful interceptions that left Stafford's hand. And that's just at the top of my mind.

This one? Eh... at that point you're in the "game of inches" category.

Comment

• Originally posted by 313LionsFan
          Lions need to cash in on Matthew Stafford, before it’s too late

Lions need to cash in on Matthew Stafford, before it’s too late

Detroit Lions should trade Matthew Stafford while there’s still value...
          Originally posted by Futureshock

I'll respond to this in Stafford thread...
          I lied

Leaving Peace Out GIF by Desus & Mero
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• If the right trade offer is made to the Lions, sure.
            The Carson Palmer trade comment ... it's funny because Stafford is better than Palmer at the time of the Bengals-Raiders trade, but the Raiders/ Al Davis were so incompetent.. Bengals simply lucked out!

Then again... Drew Bledsoe and Sam Bradford were traded for 1st RD picks. Maybe the Lions get lucky if they find the right partner..... We were lucky with the Roy Williams trade.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• TBH, before Tampa signed Brady I thought they'd have been a good fit for Stafford - mainly because Arians LOVES the deep ball.
              Hard to imagine them trading for Stafford now unless Stafford agreed to a 1 year apprenticeship under Brady, or Brady deciding to hang up his cleats after 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

I lied

Leaving Peace Out GIF by Desus & Mero

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  If the right trade offer is made to the Lions, sure.
                  The Carson Palmer trade comment ... it's funny because Stafford is better than Palmer at the time of the Bengals-Raiders trade, but the Raiders/ Al Davis were so incompetent.. Bengals simply lucked out!

Then again... Drew Bledsoe and Sam Bradford were traded for 1st RD picks. Maybe the Lions get lucky if they find the right partner..... We were lucky with the Roy Williams trade.
                  Many NFL QB's have been traded for during Statfords career. Some for huge hauls and others under weird conditions. As in solid starters already being in place but a team wanted to try and upgrade.

Have YOU (as in the forum) ever wondered why if Statford is sooooooo great, an offer the Lions could NOT refuse has ever been reported? And trust me, it would have been reported at some point. Additionally, his stupid 3rd (current) contract made trading him nearly impossible even under the best of ideas.

All the other teams love Statford as well. Just as long as he stays with the Lions.

Get over him. Chuck and luck is not in demand. No one wants a QB that cannot read NFL defenses any better in year 12 than he did in year 1.
                  Last edited by Panoptes; December 3, 2020, 12:15 PM.
                  19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Ex-Lions WR Nate Burleson: Might be time for Detroit to move into post-Matthew Stafford era

Updated Jan 30, 2020; Posted Jan 30, 2020

19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

Have YOU (as in the forum) ever wondered why if Statford is sooooooo great, an offer the Lions could NOT refuse has ever been reported? And trust me, it would have been reported at some point. Additionally, his stupid 3rd (current) contract made trading him nearly impossible even under the best of ideas.
                      Probably because the Lions made it quite clear year after year after year that they were not going to entertain ANY offers for Stafford?

Nobody ever queried New England about Tom Brady while he was there, either. I guess that must mean Tom Brady sucked and no one wanted him. OR... maybe no one even bothered because they knew the Patriots wouldn't be able to say "No thanks," through their derisive laughter.

Have YOU ever wondered why if Mahomes is sooooooooo great, no one has made the Chiefs an offer they could not refuse? That's about as stupid of a question, and the answer is exactly the same.

Now, if you want to say that the Ford family were fools for not ever entertaining offers for Stafford... sure? But the reason why there were never any reports about trade offers doesn't exactly take much thought. Nobody is going to waste their time calling about someone that isn't on the market.
                      Last edited by chemiclord; December 3, 2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Bledsoe was 30 and had already won a SB when he was traded.
                        Stafford will be 33 and hasn't won a playoff game.
                        If you are going to compare the two to see if a team will part with a 1st rd pick - go ahead - but it's hard to imagine the value when you compare the two.
                        Trading for Stafford is essentially taking a journey into the great unknown - as is re-signing him to another extension.

Comment

• Not sure how that's relevant to the topic at hand, but okay.

Gonz asked a stupid question with a very easy answer; there were no reported trade offers because Lions preemptively shut them down and made it clear they would not consider any.

Again, if you want to argue the Lions were fools to not consider any, I can't really refute that, because the franchise is run by imbeciles. But the answer is still pretty simple and has plenty of sources to support it.

Comment

• Everything doesn't revolve around your current conversations Chem, or maybe it does in your mind....
                            People brought up teams trading 1st Rders for Bledsoe (and other QB's), was just clarifying what they thought they were trading for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                              Everything doesn't revolve around your current conversations Chem, or maybe it does in your mind....
                              People brought up teams trading 1st Rders for Bledsoe (and other QB's), was just clarifying what they thought they were trading for.
                              Ah. My apologies.

Comment

• Bledsoe was 30 and had already won a SB when he was traded.

Well, I guess that's technically true. Like Brock Osweiler won a SB too. (Though Bledsoe did lead a team to the SB as the starting QB under Parcells).

Comment

Working...
                                X