Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
    Everybody talks about Stafford being so great on deep passes ... to be honest, I NEVER saw it. I expected him to be incredible throwing deep ... but he overthrew way way too often. He just didn't have great touch or placement on bomb passes. Didn't have anything special with touch passes or short stuff either

Now as for intermediate passes, he was lights out. Anything he could throw 15-30 yards, across the field, to the sidelines, yeah he was pretty incredible. Stafford could hit SPOTS with the best of them ... but I don't think he was that great at hitting receivers in stride
    Yeah, as much as I liked Stafford, I always felt he could be better at hitting receivers in stride.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

It'll be amusing watching Stafford put up Aaron Rodgers numbers against the Lions defense, while the Hater's Club fills up the gameday threads with, "WHY DIDN'T HE DO THIS FOR US????"
      I hope you are using the ones with lotion, or your going to have huge blisters

The only logical explanation is:
      I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• Regarding the regression of the Ram’s deep passing game this past year:

Comment

• Deep ball my ass.
          These two guys are going to be known for two things:
          1) Can Goff get done what Stafford couldn't (even with a cannon arm) - win the Lions 2nd playoff game in over 60 years. Everything after that is gravy.
          2) Can Stafford win the SB. He's not going to the Rams to get to the playoffs - or even get to the SB - they already did that with Goff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
            Everybody talks about Stafford being so great on deep passes ... to be honest, I NEVER saw it. I expected him to be incredible throwing deep ... but he overthrew way way too often. He just didn't have great touch or placement on bomb passes. Didn't have anything special with touch passes or short stuff either

Now as for intermediate passes, he was lights out. Anything he could throw 15-30 yards, across the field, to the sidelines, yeah he was pretty incredible. Stafford could hit SPOTS with the best of them ... but I don't think he was that great at hitting receivers in stride
            Yup
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Statistically, Stafford’s been among the best at hitting “deep” passes the last few years. But the NFL’s measure of deep is typically 20 yards or more. So Stafford made a lot of hay in that 15-30 or so range where he could rope stuff in on a line. But he’s never been great at putting air under the ball and dropping it in the bucket.

Comment

• He is very good at pinpointing a long throw to a highpoint for the receiver to get. For awhile it seems that's all Marvin Jones could do. Also as many people including Jon Gruden noted great at hitting the turkey hole. Hahaha. Mainevent is correct on the drop in the bucket passes, most times he missed on the long passes it tended to be on the seam route where he would overthrow the receiver.

Comment

• In the Turkey hole!
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                    Statistically, Stafford’s been among the best at hitting “deep” passes the last few years. But the NFL’s measure of deep is typically 20 yards or more. So Stafford made a lot of hay in that 15-30 or so range where he could rope stuff in on a line. But he’s never been great at putting air under the ball and dropping it in the bucket.
                    I’ll agree with that. The kind of looping Nick Foles style rainbow isn’t his at all.

Hes sure made some great deep throws in this league though although has often cannoned rather than beaten a DB with touch.

Comment

• Struggling with touch passes of any length was pretty obviously Stafford's biggest weakness. Made up for it with a lot of "cannon" throws only a few can make.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGSpartan View Post
                        Struggling with touch passes of any length was pretty obviously Stafford's biggest weakness. Made up for it with a lot of "cannon" throws only a few can make.
                        Which was the problem when his coaches insisted on dink and dunk "run setting up the pass" offense. It was playing directly to the worst parts of his game, and as a result didn't particularly make the team better. It's also why his turnovers didn't particularly drop whenever he "played it safe" or was "gunslinging."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post
                          Deep ball my ass.
                          Really hate being the grammar police here........, but Fraq......., commas, buddy.

Deep ball (very important comma) my ass.

Unless of course deep balling the ass is maybe a Friday night thing then ignore the grammar advice.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• THIS-JUST-WON'T-DIE
                            Stop It Bruce Lee GIF
                            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

Really hate being the grammar police here........, but Fraq......., commas, buddy.

Unless of course deep balling the ass is maybe a Friday night thing then ignore the grammar advice.
                              🤣😆🤣😆
                              #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post

This might be one of the best posts ever
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X