Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    Well because there was no strength in game strategy with Patricia. We had numerous games where the Lions started off hot as a firecracker and would collapse in the 2nd quarter. At the very least with Caldwell the Lions were OK to good tied or trailing into the 4th quarter.
    I think the fast starts were more Stafford and Bevell but I’ll put all collapses on Patricia. His defense f’ing sucked!

Patricia is like “Ok guys! No pressure on the QB and Slay stop sucking that mans d!ck!”
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Now get out there and run up that hill in the snow!!!!!
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Oh man I forgot about the running up the hill. Meanwhile that fat piece of shit couldnt walk from here to there without sweat dripping down his beard
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Remember when they practiced out in the snow and Patricia call it out in a letter explaining why. Like nobody said anything prior to it besides maybe Bernie Smilovitz mentioning it on Channel 4. Good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Look at the scenario that presented itself.
            TB was up 14-6 with a minute left - when it should have been 14-13.....
            So what does KC do? They try to get slick and get punished badly for it.
            Calling two timeouts and giving TB more time on the clock to get a score before the half - so they go into the locker room trailing 21-6 when in reality it should have been 14-13.

People tend to forget the chain of events that leads to a final score. They were chasing a game the entire 2nd half they shouldn't have been chasing in the first place.
            And I'm telling you your "chain of events" would have changed little. 14-13 or 21-6, Kansas City is NOT going to become a drastically different team. They're still going to be a vertical passing team. Mahomes is still going to be running for his life because the Bucs knew this. They would have been more than happy to let the Chiefs run the ball more (the only reason KC was "gashing" the Bucs on the ground was because the Bucs didn't give a fuck). The Chiefs still lose that game because their receivers mistook Crisco for Stickum and the Bucs had the best possible gameplan for neutralizing the Chiefs best weapon.

You're just arguing degree of the beating.

Comment

• Detroit Lions' 2021 schedule: Jared Goff era officially underway in Motown

Is Goff the quarterback of the future in Detroit or is he just for right now? He has big shoes to fill in Detroit while replacing Matthew Stafford -- the Lions’ greatest quarterback in franchise history.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Matthew Stafford: Seeing other QBs thrive with new teams makes you feel good

Posted by Josh Alper on May 20, 2021, 7:20 AM EDT

Getty Images

Matthew Stafford is set to play his first NFL game for a team other than the Lions when the Rams host the Bears in Week 1 of the 2021 season and that will start a significant new chapter in his NFL career.

Stafford put up some big numbers with the Lions and showed he was tough enough to play through a variety of injuries, but the team was never able to find success in the postseason. Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times asked Stafford in a recent interview if he’s thought about how players like Rich Gannon and Carson Palmer “were able to redefine themselves” after changing teams later in their careers.

Stafford said he did think about it while adding a more recent example of a quarterback changing teams.

“Absolutely. There’s no question,” Stafford said. “Different scenario, but even Tom Brady last year, going to a new team and a different coach and a new way of doing things, and having success. That’s something that makes you feel good after you make a decision to move on. I asked to move to another team, and then you look around and see there’s other people who have done it and have been successful. I’m going to have to work my tail off to make sure I’m ready to go, and catch up to the speed of everybody else who’s been in this offense for four or five years. It’s a lot of work for me, but at the same time it’s exciting, knowing I’m getting the opportunity to do some things I’ve always wanted to do.”

There are other examples of successful second or third acts in NFL careers as well as plenty of bids that fizzled out once the player put on a new uniform. Seeing where Stafford’s move to the Rams falls will be a leading storyline of the 2021 season.
                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• the ironic part of this is if MS would have stayed he would have been playing behind a much better OL. There were plenty of times in the last couple of years that Goff had absolutely no time.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    the ironic part of this is if MS would have stayed he would have been playing behind a much better OL. There were plenty of times in the last couple of years that Goff had absolutely no time.
                    Can't blame him though. He was staring down the barrel of yet another coach and how many Franchise QB's see a third GM roll through. There is always hope the next group is that final step. But how many of those "the next guy has it" do you go through before you stop giving them chances. It's almost like a domestic violence victim (well not really, but still kind of).

But there is too sides to that coin. We might have the best oline in a while and hopefully that means a real running game. This might be the worst receiving corp the Lions have seen since 2007. If Stafford had to hold on the ball longer then it doesn't matter. The later the hit the harder as well, probably forced to run more, meaning more hits. In LA he will have a better receiving corp, he has a quick release, and if he can rely on those receivers to make the previous catches, he will be more likely to through it away if needed. He wouldn't have that luxury here.
                    AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• Matthew Stafford reveals how he asked Detroit Lions to trade him

When the 2021 season begins, Matthew Stafford will be taking snaps with an NFL team other than the Detroit Lions for the first time.

That, of course, is because the Lions traded Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams for QB Jared Goff and a trio of draft picks.

It has been well documented that Stafford was the one who went to the Lions to ask to be traded but we never knew exactly how he did it.

During a recent interview with the Los Angeles Times, Stafford revealed how he asked the Lions to be traded.

It’s one of those things in life where you’ve got to make a decision. It wasn’t something that was easy for me. It was something that frankly could have backfired in my face. I could have said, “Hey, this is what I’m thinking,” and the Lions could have said, “Well, we don’t really care. You’re our guy for two more years and you’re going to see us through this thing.” I have to give them a ton of credit for their, I don’t know what the word is, open-mindedness or respect for me? It was probably a little bit of both. They were understanding to let it kind of happen or at least get the wheels turning on it.

It was the most difficult thing I’ve ever done as far as conversations go. I have so much respect for that organization, the Ford family, the guys who had played in that uniform before me. There was a lot that went into that that I had to think about.

I told them, “I’m not going to say a word to anybody that’s going to say a word. Not until you guys are ready.” It was vice versa. In this day of social media and everybody trying to get the scoop, that’s not something that happens very often. I’m obviously excited about the new opportunity and happy it shook out the way it did. I feel like both teams got a fair shake out of this thing, and we can move on with everybody feeling good about it.

Both the Lions and Stafford clearly handled the situation with pure class.

When the 2021 season begins, Matthew Stafford will be taking snaps with an NFL team other than the Detroit Lions for the first time. That, of course, is because the Lions traded Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams for QB Jared Goff and a trio of draft picks. It has been well documented that Stafford...

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                        the ironic part of this is if MS would have stayed he would have been playing behind a much better OL. There were plenty of times in the last couple of years that Goff had absolutely no time.
                        Yeah that is interesting
                        WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• It’s going to be so weird watching Stafford in a different uniform but it’ll be the first time that I’ll ever root for another team other than the Lions and truly mean it. Normally I’ll root for teams to benefit the Lions.

I hope Stafford wins a ring there. He was awesome in Detroit but was surrounded by dysfunction. I wish Hemp would have taken over years ago.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Former NFL quarterbacks and experts explain what makes Rams’ Matthew Stafford great

The L.A. Times' Sam Farmer opens his notebook and lets NFL greats and experts describe what makes new Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford so great.

Comment

• Wasn’t Rich Gannon the one trashing him a few years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom View Post
                                Wasn’t Rich Gannon the one trashing him a few years ago?
                                I vaguely recall that as well but I think we’re fairly used to this kind of thing. Stafford was a somewhat talented gunslinger in Detroit but now that he’s in LA he’s one of the best in the game.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X