Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

They would be better off acknowledging that they shouldn't try to run when they get ahead. Most other teams do this to success, the Lions have had very little successful 4 minute drives.
    One thing that the Run N' Shoot Lions understood (one of the few things, probably), was that there was no point trying to do something you couldn't do, even if conventional wisdom suggested it was the better way to go.

Comment

• Just as Stafford could have made specific plays to win games the same could be said about every player on the D, so too can you say the same for kerryon, "try" Johnson, jd McKissick fumbling on the opening drive, receivers that drop balls, but we don't demonize and scrutinize that shit so why are we doing it with Stafford? Dude is on Pace for 5,000 yards..what else do you want him to do? If not for him we'd be the dolphins...

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

One thing that the Run N' Shoot Lions understood (one of the few things, probably), was that there was no point trying to do something you couldn't do, even if conventional wisdom suggested it was the better way to go.
        Perhaps but Mouse Davis was way too ideological on this, he had Barry Sanders and at times he seemingly refused to use him. And they had that unfortunate time with Dan Henning.

Your larger point is correct, since Fontes got the Ziggy we have seen a parade of coaches who all basically want to get ahead by a TD and sit on the ball. They have never had the personnel to do it and each passing year it gets harder to do in the NFL. That is the old army game of football coaches

Comment

• Originally posted by madatgravity47 View Post

That's the problem though you just decide to blame the offense and refuse to hold the defense accountable...that's what doesn't make sense when people blame Stafford and the O...I can easily say well if the D would have held and 18 mil a year flowers did something of value then the game was ours...your picking and choosing who the blame and then arguing that point tooth and nail... The team as a whole is bad...Stafford has played well enough to win...
          NARRATIVE - THE LIONS BLOW BECAUSE OF MEDIOCRE STAT PADFORD

Everything else doesn't matter in their judgement because it doesn't prove their narrative. It's an argument against rational discussion because you just can't with anyone that will not admit truth because it goes against their argument.

Matt Moore just QB'd the Chiefs over the Vikes. Never mind M Moore IS a middling mediocre backup QB. Their SYSTEM. And COACHING. And at least for that game, their DEFENSE. All played well enough to get the W. The KC defense held MIN to 23. MS hung 30 on MIN but the Lions D allowed 42

My: NARRATIVE: FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT AND IT TAKES ALL OF THEM TO WIN

If anyone can show proof positive. Without any other variable(s) I am open to listen. But they can't,
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

That's the problem though you just decide to blame the offense and refuse to hold the defense accountable...that's what doesn't make sense when people blame Stafford and the O...I can easily say well if the D would have held and 18 mil a year flowers did something of value then the game was ours...your picking and choosing who the blame and then arguing that point tooth and nail... The team as a whole is bad...Stafford has played well enough to win...
            What I'm saying is it's not cut and dry that the last unit on the field is responsible for the outcome. It's a 60 minute game and multiple missed opportunities at earlier points of the game created the end game scenario. With the score 13-13 in the KC game the Lions offense single-handedly turned what should have been a 27-13 lead into a 13-20 deficit. How on earth can I blame the defense for giving up the winning score when in reality it was the offense that gave it up early in the 3rd quarter?

It's hard enough to beat KC as it is, when you offense helps them score you really should expect to lose, not have your defense suddenly be expected to make an '85 Bears type stand against one of the most prolific offenses in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post

NARRATIVE - THE LIONS BLOW BECAUSE OF MEDIOCRE STAT PADFORD

Everything else doesn't matter in their judgement because it doesn't prove their narrative. It's an argument against rational discussion because you just can't with anyone that will not admit truth because it goes against their argument.

Matt Moore just QB'd the Chiefs over the Vikes. Never mind M Moore IS a middling mediocre backup QB. Their SYSTEM. And COACHING. And at least for that game, their DEFENSE. All played well enough to get the W. The KC defense held MIN to 23. MS hung 30 on MIN but the Lions D allowed 42

My: NARRATIVE: FOOTBALL IS A TEAM SPORT AND IT TAKES ALL OF THEM TO WIN

If anyone can show proof positive. Without any other variable(s) I am open to listen. But they can't,

Comment

• CBS - QB power rankings

The Lions lost, but don't blame Stafford, who continues to play the best football of his career in Darrell Bevell's offense that is letting Stafford chuck the ball downfield with frequency. If the Lions weren't the Lions, he'd be an MVP candidate.

Last week: 4

Comment

• How many players to lose a game? Think this has been covered before.

But scenario anyway:

Stafford has just threw a 65 yard TD pass with 30 seconds left in the 4th Q to put the Lions 27-21 up. Lions kick off. Punt returner runs length of field and scores TD....., XP scored, Final score 27-28.

Answer must be quite a few fat bastard, burger n' onions eating defenders lost the game?
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Right a single player can lose the game but to just blindly and habitually blame it on Stafford makes zero sense...it's a affords fault the D is a leaking siev? Again, what is Stafford supposed to do? I'd really like an answer...if 6 foot 7 TE catches the ball the hits him in the hands the Lions tie the game up last week...

Comment

• There's only two guys on the field dude, mano-ah-mano. Duh.
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Right a single player can lose the game but to just blindly and habitually blame it on Stafford makes zero sense...it's a affords fault the D is a leaking siev? Again, what is Stafford supposed to do? I'd really like an answer...if 6 foot 7 TE catches the ball the hits him in the hands the Lions tie the game up last week...
                        Your correct, Stafford is a victim - he's powerless to make a difference. How about, on the play before instead of panicking and throwing the ball short of the end zone, he see's the open receiver in the end zone? Wouldn't that have made a difference? would it?

Comment

• I hate to say it, but this thread has finally begun to make sense to my mind. Stafford is just good enough to make us think that he's the guy. But it's all an illusion, Great stats and a great QB rating. But that blinds us to the fact that he isn't a clutch player. When we need that one more score, he just can't connect. But we can't just throw him away on a gamble. We need to find a bona fide talent. We can't be like the Browns who have a revolving quarterback door.

Comment

• Well if there's one thing that can make Stafford look really great is surround him with a shit defense.
                            I'm at a good place now with the whole situation because the QB will never be as bad as the front office/ownership so it really doesn't matter.
                            I'll have more interest when Martha is gone.
                            If she doesn't outlive me of course.

Comment

• And that Stafford likes playing for them tells me everything I need to know about him and his need to win.
                              He doesn't Need to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by DetroitRockCity View Post
                                I hate to say it, but this thread has finally begun to make sense to my mind. Stafford is just good enough to make us think that he's the guy. But it's all an illusion, Great stats and a great QB rating. But that blinds us to the fact that he isn't a clutch player. When we need that one more score, he just can't connect. But we can't just throw him away on a gamble. We need to find a bona fide talent. We can't be like the Browns who have a revolving quarterback door.
                                Well, he can, if he's not playing against a good team.

There's no guarantee that you can find a replacement who is better........but, if you stay with him, you're guaranteed to be no better than mediocre.

Comment

Working...
                                X