No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 15 year old could have wrote that article.
    Stafford will be with Lions win or lose until he wants to retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post
      Any 15 year old could have wrote that article.
      Stafford will be with Lions win or lose until he wants to retire.
      At least I'm trying to put stuff up for folks to read and comment on rather than just sniping.
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Thanks UKBB!
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Chris Simms: It “Drives Me Crazy How Much Stafford Is Disrespected”

Living in the Motor City, we know just how much quarterback Matthew Stafford means to the Detroit Lions, even if he doesn't get the national recognition he deserves. One national figure has had enough of that lack of respect and recognition. Chris Simms, a former quarterback and current analyst, decried the lack of respect that...
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Matthew Stafford turns 32: Here's how he ranks historically at that age

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
              Matthew Stafford turns 32: Here's how he ranks historically at that age

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2020/...TUgJCv04u6ULlM
              Obviously you want Super Bowls (even a playoff win), but he's sure turned out solid since looking like an injury prone guy his first couple seasons. Certainly zero doubt IMO that they made the right pick in 2009
              WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• At the end of the day, despite what the "Only the QB Matters" crowd will tell you, a great QB can only take you so far.

Are the better QBs than Stafford? Sure there are. He's in the #5-10 ranking group, and all of them are damn near interchangeable. But the rest of the team matters.

Swap Stafford and Mahomes, for example, and Stafford is a Super Bowl champion and Mahomes is "on his last chance" before the Lions "cut bait" and try "someone else." Because the Lions are trash almost uniformly from top to bottom.

A "better QB" gets a little bit more out of this roster. Maybe they win a wild card game or two where Stafford couldn't singlehandedly will the team to victory. But they wouldn't get terribly much further. Think of how little Aaron Rodgers has gotten out of Green Bay's squad. When you think about it, one of the most talented QBs of his generation should have more than one Super Bowl appearance on his resume and a bunch of stumbles in the playoffs.

Now understand that the comparison of the surrounding talent in the two franchises has largely been Varsity compared to JV. It's just so hard to describe just how much of an unmitigated dumpster fire the Lions franchise has been, both on and off the field.

I could tell you things like "Stafford's #1 receiver two years ago was traded, and was immediately the #3 on his new team," but that's just one example. We love to say how the Lions are a coach's graveyard... but at the same time, how many former players amounted to fuck all once they tried their hand outside of the Motor City? It's almost staggering how few of them do.
                Last edited by chemiclord; July 2, 2020, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• Golden Tate is a good player. I don’t think you can necessarily say cos he was a WR3 in Philly when he didn’t know their scheme and arrived in the middle of the season means he wasn’t an excellent, productive player in Detroit.

Where is he on NYG depth chart?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLondonLion View Post
                    Golden Tate is a good player. I don’t think you can necessarily say cos he was a WR3 in Philly when he didn’t know their scheme and arrived in the middle of the season means he wasn’t an excellent, productive player in Detroit.

Where is he on NYG depth chart?
                    #2 Slayton I believe is the #1. And he came out of nowhere.
                    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Matthew Stafford named Tier-2 QB, 9th overall by NFL coaches, evaluators

Stafford is a clear top-10 QB according to most NFL evaluators.

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/platf...0-the-athletic

Comment

• Yeah, that sounds about right. Stafford is in that 6-12 "second tier" range and that group is pretty much interchangeable in terms of production and talent level. If you can't win with someone of that talent level, you have significant problems that just getting a better QB isn't going to fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          Yeah, that sounds about right. Stafford is in that 6-12 "second tier" range and that group is pretty much interchangeable in terms of production and talent level. If you can't win with someone of that talent level, you have significant problems that just getting a better QB isn't going to fix.
                          I'd put him in that 16-20 range - Midland right next to Odessa.
                          There are a lot of QB's that need the rest of the team to carry them - he's one of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

I'd put him in that 16-20 range - Midland right next to Odessa.
                            There are a lot of QB's that need the rest of the team to carry them - he's one of them.
                            Name 15 better

Comment

• DAN ORLOVSKY SAYS MATTHEW STAFFORD COULD LEAVE THE DETROIT LIONS IN 2021

Ok, I have had just about enough of the "Matthew Stafford is leaving the Detroit Lions" and "The Detroit Lions are going to trade Matthew Stafford" make-believe bull-honky, just as many of you have. That being said, when Dan Orlovsky, who is a good friend of Stafford, talks about Matthew potentially playing elsewhere in the...

Comment

• Nope

Comment

Working...
                                X