Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

Not only that, the Chiefs got smoked by 22. One play wasn't going to make the difference in that game unless you want to give "momentum" far more weight than it deserves.
    It should have been 10-0 Chiefs early - they only scored 9 all game.....
    That means you run the ball (which they didn't - but when they did they gashed them).
    Not sure how you think playing with a 10 point lead isn't going to change how the game is played.

Comment

• So yes... you're giving momentum far more weight than it deserves.

KC wasn't going to be a "running team." I don't care if the score was 20-0. That's not how they are built.

10-0 that early in the game only matters if you're Jim Caldwell.
      Last edited by chemiclord; April 7, 2021, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• To be clear, every team would love to see the Chiefs run the ball all the time.

Comment

So yes... you're giving momentum far more weight than it deserves.

KC wasn't to be a "running team." I don't care if the score was 20-0. That's not how they are built.

Yeah, but you know... you could do worse than ol' JC.

I mean, we went with the old 'Try Someone Else, You Can't Win if You Don't Try' approach....... and well..... you know.

Rolling National Football League GIF by Detroit Lions
          Abc Flip GIF by The Bachelor
          Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Caldwell was better than we thought he was going to be, but an early 10-0 lead with him was an albatross.

Comment

• They are who we thought they were
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Caldwell was better than we thought he was going to be, but an early 10-0 lead with him was an albatross.
                My nightmare scenario was the Lions returning the opening kick for a TD, then getting a pick-six on the next play. Because you knew ol' Jim would try to play clock control for the next 59:45 of game time.

If there is one thing I really curse Patricia for, it's that it's made a lot of fans yearn for Caldwell's leadership again.

Comment

• Well because there was no strength in game strategy with Patricia. We had numerous games where the Lions started off hot as a firecracker and would collapse in the 2nd quarter. At the very least with Caldwell the Lions were OK to good tied or trailing into the 4th quarter.

Comment

• Ultimately Caldwell's main issue holding a lead was the same thing that has dogged the Lions since Barry retired is they couldn't run the ball and every Lion coach runs the old army game that almost every NFL coach does with a lead in the 4th.

Comment

My nightmare scenario was the Lions returning the opening kick for a TD, then getting a pick-six on the next play. Because you knew ol' Jim would try to play clock control for the next 59:45 of game time.

If there is one thing I really curse Patricia for, it's that it's made a lot of fans yearn for Caldwell's leadership again.
                      Fat Matt isn't fit to hold Caldwell's stupified gaze. Sorry, not sorry.

Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post

Fat Matt isn't fit to hold Caldwell's stupified gaze. Sorry, not sorry.
                        That's kinda like saying a stale sausage that's been out on the table for four days is more fit to eat than raw sewage. It is absolutely true, but you shouldn't want to eat either. We don't need to have fond memories of Caldwell to scorn Patricia.

The only thing Quinn got right in his Lions tenure was that Caldwell wasn't good enough to take the Lions over the hump.

Comment

• Lighten up, Francis.
                          Lions Fans.

Comment

• That's going to fall on deaf ears

Comment

So yes... you're giving momentum far more weight than it deserves.

KC wasn't going to be a "running team." I don't care if the score was 20-0. That's not how they are built.

Look at the scenario that presented itself.
                              TB was up 14-6 with a minute left - when it should have been 14-13.....
                              So what does KC do? They try to get slick and get punished badly for it.
                              Calling two timeouts and giving TB more time on the clock to get a score before the half - so they go into the locker room trailing 21-6 when in reality it should have been 14-13.

People tend to forget the chain of events that leads to a final score. They were chasing a game the entire 2nd half they shouldn't have been chasing in the first place.

Comment

Does your mother know you're smoking meth in her basement?
                                Originally posted by UKBB View Post

Where do you think he gets the meth from?
                                I’m still cracking up over this
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X