No announcement yet.

Matt Stafford is the suckiest suck to ever suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDK Chemi. In the article(s) I saw and posted, he seemed a little optimistic something was going to bring the 2 sides together. There were even positive quotes from him. What? IDK. I just remember seeing it a few weeks ago.
    Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
      IDK Chemi. In the article(s) I saw and posted, he seemed a little optimistic something was going to bring the 2 sides together. There were even positive quotes from him. What? IDK. I just remember seeing it a few weeks ago.
      He seemed more optimistic because it seemed like the new ownership might be willing to slip him the money.

When it became clear they had no intention of doing so, it was back to the SOP.

Comment

• Leonard Floyd: Matthew Stafford is making the Rams defense better

Posted by Mike Florio on August 1, 2021, 9:24 AM EDT

USA TODAY Sports

Rams coach Sean McVay has learned the hard way that praise of Matthew Stafford easily can be interpreted as criticism of Jared Goff. Rams linebacker Leonard Floyd apparently hasn’t gotten the memo yet.

Floyd told reporters on Saturday that he’s seen greater intensity at practice between offense and defense. He attributes it to the quarterback position.

“I noticed it,” Floyd said. “I think it’s Matthew. He [is] a veteran quarterback, so he [is] making it [a] little tougher at practice and that ain’t doing nothing but making us better on defense.”

Goff was a veteran quarterback, too. He just wasn’t as good as Stafford. Which is why the Rams gave up so damn much to get Stafford and to unload Goff’s misguided contract.

Floyd also noticed that, after cornerback Jalen Ramsey intercepted a Stafford pass, Stafford cranked things up a few notches. And Floyd has witnessed Stafford’s skill as a thrower.

“He’s been dropping dimes, really,” Floyd said. “He was in the same division when I was with Chicago, so I pretty much know. Yeah, he’s really good.”

Yeah, he is. And that’s why McVay is so excited. He got as much out of Goff as he could, and it ultimately wasn’t good enough. With Stafford, the sky’s the limit for the Rams.
        Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Matthew Stafford exited Monday's practice after hitting his throwing thumb on a player's helmet.

Stafford immediately left the field with his thumb wrapped and holding his helmet. After practice, coach Sean McVay said, "I don't know anything, yet. I think he'll be OK." It's notable because Stafford needed offseason surgery to repair a torn ligament in the same thumb after initially injuring it in November. Stafford played through the issue the rest of the season. It's something to watch over the next couple days.

SOURCE: Kevin Modesti on Twitter
          Aug 2, 2021, 10:03 PM ET

Comment

• Well, that didn’t take long.

Comment

• You got a QB wearing a blood red jersey - who in the fuck is getting within 3 yards of him?
              If his defense is shoving his O-line in his lap in practice - that doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraquar View Post

Well, there is still a chance if the Lions see the Rams in the playoffs and he delivers one of those "throws nobody else can make" to the Lions in the form of a pick 6.
                Well played!
                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He will get every advantage he never had in Detroit. I think the NFL would love to have both LA teams be very viable.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
                    Matthew Stafford exited Monday's practice after hitting his throwing thumb on a player's helmet.

Stafford immediately left the field with his thumb wrapped and holding his helmet. After practice, coach Sean McVay said, "I don't know anything, yet. I think he'll be OK." It's notable because Stafford needed offseason surgery to repair a torn ligament in the same thumb after initially injuring it in November. Stafford played through the issue the rest of the season. It's something to watch over the next couple days.

SOURCE: Kevin Modesti on Twitter
                    Aug 2, 2021, 10:03 PM ET
                    Matthew Stafford hits thumb on helmet during practice

Posted by Mike Florio on August 2, 2021, 10:06 PM EDT

Getty Images

It’s hard for quarterbacks to get injured during training camp, since they can’t be hit. But they can still hit their hand against a helmet while throwing the ball.

That’s what Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford did on Monday. Stafford left the field with his thumb wrapped.

Said coach Sean McVay after practice, via Kevin Modesti of the Los Angeles Daily News: “I don’t know anything yet. I think he’ll be OK.”

“It was a freak thing, but it is something that consistently occurs,” McVay told reporters, via quotes distributed by the team. “See somebody come down on the top of somebody’s helmet and when you get a little bit of a push interior, those are things that do inevitably occur. It’s one of those things where I’m saying to myself, ‘Man I feel stupid that I didn’t implement some of the things to prevent that.’ I’ve seen some teams around the league, they have those shells on their helmets that you can at least soften the blow when you do come down on the top of it. So, what you say is, hopefully you don’t have to learn the hard way and you start implementing things like that to try to just minimize the risk for injury.”

That’s good news, if McVay actually knows anything. The fact that he admits he doesn’t know anything makes it harder to accept the representation that he’ll be OK.

If Stafford misses time, the Rams won’t be OK. Expectations are sky high in L.A. because of the arrival of Stafford (or maybe because of the departure of Jared Goff). If Stafford can’t play all or most of the season, it will be harder to fulfill those expectations, especially in the most competitive division in the NFL.
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

• That team...

Akers out for the season. Now MS will not miss any time from this injury but he will be in pain and it may cause some errand throws.

Comment

• Pat MacAfee talks about this all the time with Darius Butler, if you want to make it in the NFL you better learn how to practice.

Comment

• Stafford Fans:

Grab a full box

The REAL reason why the Rams dumped Jared Goff for Matthew Stafford (msn.com)
                          The only logical explanation is:
                          I'm about to die and this is my Jacob's Ladder

Comment

• I dunno why we're supposed to need wet wipes for what we already know. Stafford is a more "polished" QB than Goff. That's what seven extra years experience will do.

And if Goff can sort out his game, he'll be every bit as good as Stafford... hell, maybe even better (Goff has already displayed more touch and finesse on his throws than Stafford ever has).

Comment

• Forget it, he's become a one trick pony.

Comment

• Well, good to know x-rays came back negative on the Stafford thumb. Nevermind the fact the surgery was for LIGAMENTS.

May I suggest to see the MRI results?

Btw, how is the back holding up? He just lost his play action RB, so we all know the end result.

WE ALL KNOW!

Comment

Working...
                                X