No announcement yet.

Florida 41, Michigan 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If schools can freely pay athletes then it will add to the haves. The top 25 or so should be more competitive. B10 schools are swimming in money and can easily compete with other schools.

But, at the end of the day, The Nick is still just really, really good.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Once he left Sparty.

Comment

• He is a much better coach than he was in East Lansing, best thing that ever happened to him was none of his assistants boarded the plane to LSU. It forced him to change how he coached for the better. But he had turned it around by the end of his Spartan stay.

Comment

• "I'm pretty sure I won't be buying season tickets. My take is that there are good number of folks at the same place I am. The difference is, I'm at peace where M football is and got there a few weeks after the osu loss.'

I have been a season ticket holder since 1968. No more. I'm giving my tickets up. Tired of being gouged to watch an inferior product.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
            Once he left Sparty.
            Once he left MIami. No salary cap in college.
            Last edited by Rocky Bleier; December 30, 2018, 01:05 PM.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• As usual, he gets it right:

http://touch-the-banner.com/peach-bo...1-michigan-15/
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• One of the greatest what ifs is if the Dolphins signed Drew Brees.

Comment

• Touch the Banner is correct on all accounts, M was already down four starters and kept losing players in game. Pretty interested in a UFR for the defense, Brown got out coached, again and M made major mistakes allowing big plays...

Offense wasn't terribly different than my expectations, talent is there to air it out more but Harbaugh prefers to get into 3rd and longs before daring to throw downfield.

Comment

• Last edited by Hannibal; December 30, 2018, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                      A month to prepare, coaches absolutely had to be knowing who would play in the bowl game and who wouldn't and a depleted team is the reason M lost. No, a big fat fucking NO! I'll give you getting out-schemed but see my comments on that below.

M opened at -6 because of it's record, the fancy stats and because they had been pretty good all around in their 10 wins. IU was a prequel to the osu ass-kicking and osu exposed both M's inefficient offense and the risks of playing a low risk offense to Don Brown's signature, hi-risk D.

Did anything change v. Florida? Fuck no - Harbaugh ran the same inefficient offense that failed in a meyer/day/wilson schemed and osu player delivered pass-centric shoot-out that Harbaugh failed to try to keep up with. Virtually the same thing that happened in c-bus repeated itself in the Peach even though it's character was different. Florida ran for 257 yards at a 6.4 ypc clip and Franks and his receivers were decent - not great like Haskins and his boys were - but good at keeping Brown and his boys off balance.The defense got torched because of that but more to the point because Brown failed to adapt his approach to the playable talent level on the roster for the Peach Bowl. None of the back-ups probably to the 3 deep are chopped liver. Their absence when 2s started going down was notable. Did they get reps in that month Harbaugh had to prepare probably knowing he was going to be down 4 starters? Criminal level coaching error if they didn't. Big plays happen but as it was said, the Gators didn't have an offensive output like that against any opponent in the regular season. They had one against Michigan to the tune of nearly 450 yards and 41 points. They were 8/16 on 3rd down and M gave up 4, 3rd down plays with over 12 or more yards to go. How do you explain that shit?

UF was a prepared team playing against an unprepared team and that's on Harbaugh. Period. Mullen proved on this day he was a much better pre and in game coach than Jim Harbaugh and that is becoming a disturbing trend with known quality coaches. This embarrassing loss, just another in Harbaugh's history at M of shitting the bed in big games and/or on the road is very troubling and I'm not going to sugar coat or try to make excuses for it, like others are, one bit.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 30, 2018, 05:58 PM.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                      X