Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbaugh still might have the ability to transcend the idiocy of the administration. We'll see. What he does or doesn't do with Gattis is going to tell. But the administration isn't going to change. Total dedication to the art of failing to fill big shoes.

Comment

• So, no one wants to go on the record with a prediction for the season?

Comment

• I want to wait until after the Wisconsin game. We already know the first game will be a typical Michigan opener with lots of mistakes, but likely an ugly win. Game 2 will show improvement from Game 1, but Army's offense will be troublesome. Wisconsin whacked South Florida on the road tonight, so they're going to be a tough road game, but even if we win, it won't be considered a 'quality' win, .. just like last season.

But still, after that, I think we're going to get a fairly good indication of who we are.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 11-2... Then play in Rose Bowl against Oregon who they should beat.

Comment

• Yeah, nothing from me until after Wisky. Variance tends to decline as data sets build. Is there a Gattis effect on offense? Will the DL produce the kind of pressure on the opponent's offense that is critical to keeping Don Brown's D from getting pantsed? Is the CB situation going to be a liability?

Lots of TBD situations.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• You know what, scratch that. I'll wait to make a prediction after the OSU game. Then I'll have enough information to predict whether we will make the B1G title game.

Comment

• Seems appropriate for today:

Comment

• One loss Don Brown could have avoided, a win against OSU, and the Rose Bowl.

Comment

• The media has built expectations for Michigan, so they can ask, "Is Harbaugh overrated?" on their talk shows. Assholes like Matt Leinert will yuck it up.

Predict 9-3. Losses to Notre Dame, OSU, and either Wisconsin or PSU (if a night game). Don't trust the defense, which won't be as good as the one that gave up 7 TDs in Columbus. Uncomfortable with the interior D-Line. Doubts about Devin GIl, Jaylen Kelly-Powell, and Brad Hawkins.
                    Last edited by Rocky Bleier; August 31, 2019, 04:54 PM.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
                      You know what, scratch that. I'll wait to make a prediction after the OSU game. Then I'll have enough information to predict whether we will make the B1G title game.
                      After watching the game tonight, I'll go ahead and make a prediction. The team is anywhere from a 10-2 team to a 7-5 team, based on what they showed tonight.

I'm going to split the difference and call it at 9-3.

Comment

• Vincent Gray, Zach Charbonnet, and Christian Turner all looked good. Also, the receivers are dynamite -- Black, Collins, and Johnson were unstoppable. McKeon also a force. Sainristil and Jackson showed flashes, and will help make this offense elite. Patterson can connect with these guys, but Charbonnet is the difference maker -- first game, over 10 yards per carry, leading rusher, and good blocking.

Comment

• The appetite for nonsense like the two-QB snaps is alarming. With the offensive skill players as good as they are, just line up and go. And if you're putting McCaffrey in -- he looks so natural and its really tempting to just give him the ball already -- give him the full playbook. I'm not up for revisiting Pepcat.

Comment

• I agree that any plays, where both Patterson and McCaffery are on the field at the same time, need to be placed in the nearest dumpster. If they want McCaffery in the game, let him play QB and be done with it. None of this WR stuff. That goes for Patterson as well. WR is one of the team's strengths. Why do we need a QB in the game lining up at WR? Maybe as a once in a blue moon trick play. Maybe. But as part of the standard offense, like last night? No way.

I didn't notice very much drop off from Patterson to McCaffery.

Comment

• Patterson aired it out though, and McCaffrey had 2 throws only.

Comment

• A link to discussion about the 2 QB plays that showed up last Saturday and a prediction it isn't going away. I thought it was a bad idea - mostly because of the risk of injury to two smallish QBs taking a hand off and running the ball into a pack of angry, 260+ lb. LBs. McCaffrey did just that and gained 2 yards or something like that.

I will allow that on both plays that involved the two QBs, there appeared to be some confusion on how the offense was to line up and which play was going to be run out of that particular formation. Maybe it can work but it looked like shit last Saturday and didn't.

From what I've seen, every fan and media member thinks putting both Shea and McCaffrey on the field at the same time is dumb. Unfortunately, none of us get a vote. Signs point toward this happening again. Free Press article:
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X