This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Yeah. Whatever the results will be, I'll definitely be happy when this season is over. It was definitely nice to wake up Saturday not feeling a sense of impending doom.
    I woke up this morning with that feeling. It has nothing to do with numbers like those above. It has to do with what I think are solid takes on the state of M football after the first two games.

How the hell, based on M's first two games, is THAT team going to go into Madison and contend with, let alone beat, a very good Wisconsin football team based on THEIR first two games?

IOW, I suffer from BPONE.

Tom, good take ..... heh.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I thought bridesmaids was generous, too.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• One time, back then, I gave a bridesmaid the option to leave her heels in my hotel room to go do the post-dinner dancing in flats. She agreed, and all was on track until another friend who was going through a divorce decided he needed to be in my f****** hotel room too. He knows what he did, and the bastard has never apologized.

I don't know who harbaugh is in this metaphor, but I'm still pissed off.

Comment

• Heh
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
            Yeah. Whatever the results will be, I'll definitely be happy when this season is over. It was definitely nice to wake up Saturday not feeling a sense of impending doom.
            I woke up this morning with that feeling. It has nothing to do with numbers like those above. It has to do with what I think are solid takes on the state of M football after the first two games.

How the hell, based on M's first two games, is THAT team going to go into Madison and contend with, let alone beat, a very good Wisconsin football team based on THEIR first two games?

IOW, I suffer from BPONE.

Tom, good take ..... heh.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• hack:

hi
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Good afternoon.

Comment

• Looks like it's getting harder and harder for cordcutters to watch full-game replays. mgovideo is dead, hailtv.com is more iffy. Some of the youtube channels that were reliable in the past also seem dormant -- jbakkar, hail, etc. Anyone have any idea where to catch full-game replays? My October is gonna be rough in terms of catching live games -- have some work travel, a wedding, and a Bar Mitzvah. Every weekend is spoken for.

Comment

• You are right ....... Fox has been clamping down on video replay outside their control is what I am reading. Time delays between the live game and the availability of the video replay seems to vary (???) but here's the link you will use to see what's available. https://www.foxsports.com/watch/replays

It's pretty clear to me not everything is available and it looks like all Big Ten games may not be. See my comments below

If it's not a Fox Broadcast and instead is BTN, just recently the former BTN2Go shut down. Supposedly the BTN broadcasts of M games will also be available on FS1 at the same link as above.

I just checked to make sure my Fox account was still active - it was old, old. It wasn't. I resigned up. I know to stream live, you have to have an internet provider, ID and PW .... or use someone else's PW/ID. I don't think you have to have that to watch replays.

Re the BTN ..... there's s link on the blue bar at the top of the link above identified as "More". If you hover over this, a drop down allows a BTN link. If you click on that it takes you here: https://btn.com/

The bad news is that it appears that Fox has locked in all of it's content involving the Big Ten to a subscription service called Big10+ . It is a staggering $119.95/year. But, for that price, you will certainly get all the games, across all sports that Michigan is involved in.

At the top of the Big Ten page is the school logos. If you click on M's, it takes you straight to mgoblue.com - the school's sports web site. You can see how all this is being tied together to control content and secure revenue streams for valuable content.

I think we knew this was coming. In answering your post and after clicking around on the web to make sure I was giving you the right links, I sadly learned of this. There is no such thing as "free" anymore when it comes to the major boradcasters. =They are figuring out ways to make you pay for their broadcasts. I get it but it sucks.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 20, 2019, 09:10 AM.

Comment

• Thanks. Didn't know BTN2Go is no more. It changes every year. All games all sports from this Big10+? That's not terrible.

Comment

• ..... another alternative is to check mgoblog. I haven't paid complete attention but in the past, after the game and usually within 48h, a poster will locate a video replay of the game and post a link to it. I've seen links to bit-torrent copies but these can be a pain and I have a feeling those are getting clamped down on too. Also, there is usually a link to videos with "all the plays". These seem to continue to be readily available at some point - Fox can't clamp down on everything but they certainly are trying.

Comment

• I think that torrent links are still showing up in the mgoblog forum.

Comment

• This is kindof a neat link (I like the simplicty of the display) that ended up in my news feeds (I follow FiveThrityEight).

After the Army game and Bye, Michigan took a huge hit when it comes to predicting it's 2019 CFB journey. To start the season and even after a rather weak showing v. MTSU, Michigan was a contender. It was projected to win the BT and vie for a CFB play-off spot. Wow, what 3 weeks will do ..... which is to say, you can't put too much stock into early season results. Trends? I think so and IMO, there are some bad ones:
                            • Patterson may not be the QB M needs to win championships.
                            • Harbaugh may be a consistent 9 and 10 wins season coach but can't beat it's traditional rivals consistently or regularly contend for the BT Title.
                            Still, the season is young and there is plenty of opportunities to change the vector of these trends. A nice place to start would be in Madison tomorrow.

FiveThirtyEight's 2019 college football predictions calculate each team's chances of winning its conference, making the playoff and winning a championship.

Comment

• I'm very close to the point where I think that it would be in the progam's long term interest to lose and get embarassed. I got to that point in 2014 and I'm really close now. Harbaugh might need to be humiliated a couple more times to either shake him out of his Zoloft haze or get him fired.

Comment

• It just happened...

Comment

Working...
                                X