This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Anyone that contemporaneously said that HARBAUGH!!! was not a great hire, let alone an average hire, is out of their mind. They hired, by all accounts, what seemed like the best available coach.

The only thing I'd say would be fair, contemporaneously, is to take issue with the expectation that he'd match UFM. You could have definitely made that argument, but you could have just as easily pushed back on it (I even did on the basis of recruiting -- UFM is an all-time great recruiter).

But as to the hire itself, it was a grand slam. Which, obviously, makes the current state of affairs so hard to take. This isn't Hoke who we all sort of knew was in over his head.
    Yes, it clearly seemed like a grand slam to everyone at the time- except for maybe those close to the 49ers. It always seemed kind of fishy that they were stupid as to let him go so easily. Maybe they realized that something wasn't trending well back then. Who knows?

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I suspected the first time you started poking around here you were a bit odd, smart though .........but based on this post I was wrong about you. Yer a blithering idiot.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Sometimes a rock is just a rock We can't all be the Rosetta stone.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• O ye of little faith. Verily, the Apostle Harbaugh will sate the starving and clothe the naked. He will turn tears into 4Loko and sackcloth into the finest smocks that the Jumpman can produce.

Amen.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• 4Loko is so 2008, its White Claw dude.

Comment

• Nah. White Claw is for uppity white millennials who want to listen to bootlegs of Lana Del Rey. 4Loko is still the drink of the blackout drunk college crowd.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA isn't even 2008. He's more like me, 1970 or so about when I became an adult. I'll bet if you put a gun to his head he'll admit he had or still has a Lava Lamp.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      Nah. White Claw is for uppity white millennials who want to listen to bootlegs of Lana Del Rey. 4Loko is still the drink of the blackout drunk college crowd.
                      Yes AA is up on the trends

giphy.gif

Comment

• I was travelling to Orlando for for work for about 4 years and we would go to a Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesdays. It was an endless source of stories because come 9 PM it turned into Disney night where all of the college age students working there would get in with a Disney badge. They all drank Red Bull and Vodka, I asked the bartender what that drink was called and she said, "The College Plan." Heh.

Comment

• AA still drinks Zima...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                          X