Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '19-'20: Hello Coach Nook!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're a 5-seed in Jerry Palms' latest bracket for CBS Sports. https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/. I'd certainly take that bracket. Auburn doesn't scare me all that much and neither does Baylor or 'Nova. In games that Livers has played, we're 13-4, and Michigan was winning the Illinois game at home when he left. Considering his ability at the FT line, I think it's pretty much a lock we would've held on to that one down the stretch. We're still not a very good shooting team but I think we've got a shot to win any game when healthy. We're back to looking like a Sweet 16 team and maybe more, with a little luck. FT's, outside of Livers and maybe Franz, is still something that could bite us in the ass. Hopefully, not.

Comment

• See M as a 5-6 seed at the moment with potential to move up with a strong finish and less potential to drop to a 7-8 seed as losses in the B1G are rarely a bad loss...

My preference is usually a 3 or 6 seed, staying out of the way of the 1 seeds till later. Not sure there are elite 1 seeds this season so it's more about matchups which is largely luck.

Comment

• Still a slim possibility M can get the double bye in the B10 Tourney.
        vs Wisconsin, @ Ohio St, vs Nebraska, @ Maryland.

Probably will have to win all 4.
        Win 3 of 4? Maybe it comes down to tiebreakers in the standings.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I have trouble projecting things as if they are back to being #4 in the country post-Bahamas. They're not so good as to expect a 4-0 finish. They are plenty good enough to go 3-1 if they play very well in Columbus.

I agree about the 4-5 seed but at least you get to the second weekend of the tournament. It's hard to know without seeing the bracket first whether I'd prefer being the #6 and taking my chances with the #3 in the second round or being the #5 and getting a weaker team as a #4 seed. Sometimes there's just not a ton of difference. Overall tho my instinct is to prefer being the #6. Michigan often has the kind of late-peaking team that should fear the #1 seeds only and probably not the teams from 2 on down.

Comment

• If they make the Sweet 16, I will call this season (with all the adversity we've had) a huge success. Anything beyond that is gravy.

I'll also say that it's hard to not have one eye on next season. We've hopefully got a few more sweet Simpson hook shots before full attention needs to go there.

Comment

• Miss Brooks defense, Wisconsin wings getting good looks.

Comment

• Dang. Down 10 at home to Wisky at halftime

Come on guys, got to hold home court. They don't get easier on the road.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Welp. Disappointing loss.
                  Shooting was the difference. Wisconsin 11-23 from 3 and nearly perfect FT. M hardly used the 3 and was poor at FT.

Not going to think about that double bye possibility anymore.
                  Wisconsin has been playing better recently. This game was still one you hope to win.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They should have been able to handle Wisconsin at home. They're good, but they'll face better teams early in the NCAA's. And those won't be at home.

Missed opportunity. Sucks that Wisconsin chose to play one of its best games of the year tonight.

Oh well .. on to you-know-where...
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Tough loss. We really missed Eli Brooks' defense, especially in the first half.

Comment

• Anytime the opponent shoots like the Badgers did, tough to win. Gave up to many layups, open look jumpers, and missing two the front end of 1and1. 13th in Kenpom, still see them as a 5-6 seed depending how they finish.

Comment

• I missed it, but they were going under screens on Trice? Rough game for which to not have Brooks, but can't do that. Could be proof you can't play Franz at the 2.

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Did they try zone?

Comment

• Bad defense was a team effort, hack far from just one player. I thought they took the first half off defensively than Wisconsin made their shots in the second half.

Comment

Working...
                                X