No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, the 2020 Abbreviated COVID Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your statement remains blindingly wrong for reason stated that you, obviously, have zero interest in discussing.

The 2012 Bama-LSU rematch was the least-viewed game in BCS history.
    I mean, if by "least" you mean "no worse than 45th least viewed game in BCS history, then you're correct." I wouldn't put it past you given what I know about you. So, maybe that's what you did mean.

And you don't understand "game designated as the BCS National Championship Game." (e.g. "The 2005 Orange Bowl was the BCS National Championship Game of the 2004 NCAA Division I-A football season and was played on January 4, 2005 at Pro Player Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida.")

Read up on CFB. Or not. But, you're embarrassing yourself.
    Last edited by iam416; December 19, 2019, 01:24 PM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I am not. You knew what I meant, and rather than politely confirm that you would now rather manufacture further misunderstandings doing your performative confusion thing than accept as relevant the data you requested and received.

We've seen all of this before; it's not as if you just showed up last week. I probably speak for everyone here when I say we'd all just prefer you stick to the facts. Nobody else here is willing to create this level of acrimony just to avoid backtracking.

Comment

• You knew what I meant
        You're so motherfucking shameless. Good god. To use semantics to try to salvage a stupid point and then resort to "you knew what I meant" when you get your ass buried with it.

Nobody else here is willing to create this level of acrimony just to avoid backtracking.
        I mean -- SHAME. LESS.

Comment

• Michigan's defense in 2019 (star ranking)
          • Anchor: Hutchinson (4)
          • WDE: Paye (3)
          • DT: Dwumfour (3)
          • NT: Kemp (4)
          • WLB: Hudson (3)
          • Sam: Glasgow (2)
          • ILB: McGrone (4)
          • CB: Hill (4)
          • CB: Thomas (4)
          • FS: Metellus (3)
          • SS: Hawkins (3)
          Early losses to the NFL in Devin Bush, Rashan Gary, and David Long and the constant misses at DT... On-field results were quite good other than 2 of the 3 losses though I never felt this defense had much all B1G talent on it, only Hill got all B1G 1st/2nd team. Josh Ross (4*) missed nearly the entire season and is able to redshirt. Compare to M's offense:
          • [*=1]QB: Patterson (5) [*=1]RB: Charbonnet (4) [*=1]WR: Peoples-Jones (5) [*=1]WR: Bell (3) [*=1]WR: Collins (4) [*=1]TE: Eubanks (4) [*=1]LT: Runyan (3) [*=1]LG: Bredeson (4) [*=1]C: Ruiz (4) [*=1]RG: Onwenu (4) [*=1]RT: Mayfield (4)

Comment

• Stanford QB K.J. Costello has entered the transfer protocol.....oh boy ????
            Relax, Wings. He's not headed to AA.

I think he stays out west.

But if he did enroll at M, I think you'd see at least two Michigan QB's immediately hit the transfer portal. I don't think Harbaugh wants to risk that.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Oh I was a bit joking there, what does worry me is DM getting injured so much.

Comment

• I thought this was really interesting. Look at the huge numbers of QBs, some of them very good, who have entered the transfer portal.

This is a game changer for CFB. It's like free agency in the pros. I think it's great for the players but I have a feeling the NCAA will figure out a way to screw this up.

As for Harbaugh shopping the QB portal? I think he can take one if there is mutual interest and I don't think that will scare anyone current in the QB room off. If Harbaugh does what he says he does wrt the 2 deep, anyone can end up #1 and #2 at the start of the 2020 season. There has been some talk that Harbaugh tends to favor longevity on the roster over game day performance and he puts too much emphasis on who practiced well instead of who plays the best on game day. He might, but there is nothing factual that backs that up.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The portal is a ginormous game changer. Ohio State is in desperate need a CB who can at least cover me and I would be fairly surprised if they don't go portaling.

M isn't in the market for a QB unless the player is a hero. They have McCaffrey and Milton -- and to be honest, one of those seems likely to enter the portal. They may need a backup like, say, of the Gunner Hoak quality.

But, I think QB is the wrong place to focus. Look your positions of weakness. It's not QB. I also think with position players you have a chance to poach kids from sucky programs. Jonah Jackson was a great acquisition for Ohio State. A solid, contributing starter. Sometimes you need those. God knows OSU will in 2020.

Comment

• Sure ..... my post was intended to highlight the huge number of QBs in the transfer portal. We see it the same way for JH. He could probably take one who will be there for BU duties only.

No question M needs DB depth. At CB, Vincent Gray may turn out to be good ...... or not, Ambry Thomas is good. After that? Youth and inexperience that may or may not see the field in DJ Turner, Andre Seldon, Green, Perry. Lots of DB type players on the roster who, if they don't play, are going to transfer. If 2020 commit Green-Warren actually commits, that would be a plus in the DB room. There's been talk of Daxton Hill being moved to CB. No way. He's a S and Brown will keep him right there. Viper looks OK (to Brown I suspect and he's clearly moved to speedy types with frames to match). At S, nothing proven behind Dax Hill and Brad Hawkins, just bodies - most think Hawkins is going to be better than Josh Metellus. Geez I hope so!

..... and yes, M needs DTs. Again, Brown seems to like the DE frames to be built up into DTs. Frankly, I think that's an excuse for not being able to recruit, i.e., missing big time, on dudes who can be agile space occupiers who can also move people instead of being moved.

I'll defer to WM on this. My takes are based more on what I read on blogs and message boards and less about actually knowing recruiting like others here clearly do.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Yeah, I'm not going to delve too deeply into M roster issues. I think the point is that as the portal procedure and opportunities develop and become more robust you're going to see teams actively trying to find one-season bandaids for their weaker position groups.

Comment

• Interior OL especially if Ruiz leaves early along with corner. DT my hope is the young talent (Chris Hinton, Mazi Smith) is about ready.

Comment

• Heh. I was critical of the OL, but apparently, according to MGO orthodoxy, I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. If Ruiz goes I honestly think the OL is going to be a HUGE issue.

Comment

• Yeah, the time I posted on mgoboard what I thought was a good take on your part, not counting the shit posts that negged you, some of the more rational posters there really took issue with your assessment of the OL. I'm going to shade my support to mgo and that's because of Warinner.

Still, if Ruiz enters the draft it's a problem but maybe not as big as you think it is. There's some depth at OL as of now and that's new. All that needs to happen is a guard moving to C to replace Ruiz and that guy stepping up on the basis of being coached well. Back to Ed Warinner.

There was some UFRs that had Ruiz looking a bit spotty at times and not the rock solid center that he was both expected to be and needed to be in M's run game. So, yeah, a loss but, looks to be replaceable. Frankly, I don't think he enters the draft. If he does it will surprise because from reports, he needs another year to get into the early rounds and the big bucks that goes along with that.

WM?

Comment

• Ruiz didn't play to his potential and probably played his way out of an early entry. Still was a very good player for M and plays a position M (interior OL) M will lose two others to graduation. Still see him as a potential early entry.

Comment

• J'Marick Woods, 3* S, native of Alabama ends up at Duke as a Grad Transfer.

This is one of things the NCAA and, in this particular case, M gets right. Woods will have an undergrad degree from M and a Masters from Duke. Regardless of his future prospects as a pro, Woods is certainly going to have the credentials to open a lot of doors to a high-paying job

https://wolverineswire.usatoday.com/...r-destination/.

Comment

Working...
                                X