No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, the 2020 Abbreviated COVID Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan will not have a spring game again this year, opting instead for an "open practice" on April 18th. The practice is part of a weekend which will see Michigan hosting an NCAA Gymnastics event, and the softball team will be in the midst of a 3 game series at Alumni Field with Ohio State.

The open practice at the stadium will begin at Noon. Admission is free. No word if players and coaches will be available afterward.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Just saw that DPJ was plummeting as far as draft stock.

And in the article it said he never had a 100 yd game in his UM career. Not one?!? Wow.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Re DPJ, some will argue the system JH was running didn't optimize his skill set. So, the fact that he didn't have a 100y game is somewhat meaningless. However, I don't think he was ever a great route runner, rarely got separation from good cover guys and often seemed disinterested. That kind of stuff is in print from unidentified NFL scouts and you can find those kinds of comments about him within competent M blogs.

It can be argued that what we saw on offense after Gattis showed up and players seemed to get comfortable with his offense was that Gattis was not completely comfortable having Patterson throw to his outside receivers. Collins got some run there but DPJ, I don't think, every showed up. Whether or not that was due to injury or that, as some have said, he didn't work hard enough, I don't know. But I can understand why his stock is down.

OTH, I don't think he would have benefited from another year at M and his call to declare for the NFL was probably the right one. However, if he gets drafted, it's going to be in the late rounds or as a free agent or practice squad type. It's certainly not uncommon for these young players to overestimate their worth to the NFL. He won't get a big pay-day but, at least he'll make more money than he would have playing another year at M.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Harbaugh squandered the greatest WR recruiting class in the history of the program.

Comment

• The fact that ASU swept MSU shows how far the Spartan program had atrophied . They should have won both games easily if they had an average offense. I wouldn't be talking too much trash to Coach Jim.

DPJ's stock is probably dropping because his route running skills are suspect.

Comment

• That, and this is a great class for WRs. Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, Henry Ruggs, Tee Higgins, the Colorado kid, and a couple of others.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The one thing about NFL receivers is you have to show an ability to run routes and you have to be a grinder. It is not a position where you can get by on athletic ability.

Comment

• Terry McLaurin.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There was.some wishful thinking on the RCMB that Hartline was going to get a big offer to come to MSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Michigan will not have a spring game again this year, opting instead for an "open practice" on April 18th. The practice is part of a weekend which will see Michigan hosting an NCAA Gymnastics event, and the softball team will be in the midst of a 3 game series at Alumni Field with Ohio State.

The open practice at the stadium will begin at Noon. Admission is free. No word if players and coaches will be available afterward.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• More Michigan football news that will make Paul Finebaum happy.

No spring trip this year for the team. UM spokesman Dave Ablauf said that concerns about the coronavirus were the reason for cancelling this year's trip.

No final decision had been made as to where the team was going. They were considering two undisclosed locations.

Last edited by lineygoblue; February 24, 2020, 09:08 PM.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yep- that "practice" that they pulled off last year was a complete joke- just an excuse for trying to sell leftover pretzels, and M-Den's merchandise- from the previous season

Comment

• I liked the pretzels.

Comment

• You must have gotten the "Victor's Club" special ones -

Comment

Working...
                                X