Michigan Football, the 2020 Abbreviated COVID Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Per his twitter account (and mgoboard), Stephen Spanellis, on the three deep at OG, grad-transfers to Vanderbilt. There's a good discussion of what M's starting OL will look like for the start of the 2020 season at the link:

Per his Twitter (if someone could embed, thanks in advance), Stephen Spanellis has committed to Vanderbilt as a grad transfer.  Really thought he'd grab a starting spot on the interior OL, but seeing as how he was one of the smartest dudes on the team, going to Vandy for a graduate degree isn't a terrible choice. Good luck to him 
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Yet another transfer from a guy who has an obvious need on the depth chart.

Comment

• ESPN does this thing right before March Madness - which will occupy them until spring football practice - released their preseason CFB rankings. The way they come up with these rankings, explained in the intro is pretty good and can't be dismissed off hand.

The usual suspects made the top 4, M comes in at #16 with osu (2), PSU (5) - which I think doesn't pass the sniff test but that's probably what the criteria ESPN is using to rank teams is telling them so ...... Wisconsin comes in at #9.

Re M, a decade of mediocrity has left the program without the past benefit of the doubt that would typically put them in most preseason Top 10 rankings. That shine is gone and rightfully so. Harbaugh has under-performed in recuriting and player development as M's HC and that is reflected in how his teams perform against good competition or on the road.

Of course, M opens on the road v. Washington (24 on the strength of their D - #10) and I suspect M will drop this game based on what we know right now.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...bama-back-no-1
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I wouldn't chalk up the first game as a loss yet. Washington will be breaking in a new QB and a new HC, and we all know how that goes.

Michigan gets knocked down not only for their performances in the last two games, but also because they're bringing in a new QB. Patterson was no future all-pro, but he was a returning starter which usually gives teams a bit of a bump. I'm hoping that McCaffery is going to be a pleasant surprise.

I know Michigan is horrible on the road, but I wouldn't shut the door on them yet.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm shutting the door, Liney.

Teams under Harbaugh just seem to consistently lose their mojo on the road. The offense comes out firing, gets nada and folds.

The worst part, though, is that defenses are downloading how JH thinks and what he does - there's no mystery to the offense even with Gattis supposedly calling the plays. There's the issue with tipping the play call by formation. Well coached teams know what's going down play to play. Somehow, and added to that issue, there's a strange, nonsensical play call in a series, I bet it comes from Harbaugh, and then the rhythm gets blown and its a one or two first downs and a punt. That happens way too often and my bet is that it's because JH hasn't gotten comfortable with what Gattis tries to set up in a series and jumps in.

Then we have Don Brown who is also no mystery. He does what he does and continues to do it making his defense open to exploitation by observant OCs and they are out there.

No, the Huskies, at home, will be ready for M.

Comment

• Harbaugh is a pile of semen-encrusted pig vomit on the road. Washington is a 100% guaranteed loss and so is OSU.
                Last edited by Hannibal; February 13, 2020, 08:14 PM.

Comment

• I guess I'll be watching the game by myself ...

Comment

• #SpeedInSpace. GATTIS!!! HARBAUGH!!!!

And Washington is going to be dogshit.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 100% guaranteed loss. Absolutely 100% guaranteed.

Comment

• Andy Mignery told Sam Webb on the radio a while back that the team comes out flat on the road because Harbaugh's not into giving rah-rah speeches.

FWIW.

Comment

• Rah-rah speeches work for about 5 minutes. The rest is preparation and fundamentals.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct. And there is no one better at preparation and fundamentals than The Nick. But, HARBAUGH!!!! is a close second.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And I agree with Talent: U-Dub will be bad this year. The Wolvercrooks should skull drag them.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Alabama's biggest concern will be the freight train engineered by Dabo Swinney. Derail that, and the NC is in Tuscaloosa once again.

Comment

Working...
                                X