Michigan Football, the 2020 Abbreviated COVID Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I1m4h72Twu.png

This chart shows how much risk there is to rondale Moore an the other guys refusing to play the season. 225 people total have died of Covid-19 in the age group that contains all college football players.

total.

Comment

• Jim Harbaugh, during an interview with JonJansen77
      on the “In the Trenches” podcast, said Michigan’s football team had zero positive cases come back from 100+ tests this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
        Jim Harbaugh, during an interview with JonJansen77
        on the “In the Trenches” podcast, said Michigan’s football team had zero positive cases come back from 100+ tests this week.
        Good. Lets keep it that way.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I2OKMPJREVD0ptlUImzFGA19ZhINWVjMwoF_CB9HzjVvMYQpDOrYxPbsqukSGCzg9Rx8RgZk7BMPhg=s800-nd.jpg

Comment

• That might be the smartest statement that's he's made since he got here.

Comment

• Well, how about that. It actually sounded like the real Jim Harbaugh still exists.

Comment

• I stand with HARBAUGH!!!!!! It's a crazy motherfucking world.

As a quick reminder...in Florida the 15-24 age group has over 80,000 cases. And 21 deaths. If you're scoring at home, that's a fatality rate of 0.003%. 30 in a Million.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So fall sport programs are continuing to practice as normal but won't play the games?

Confused

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    So fall sport programs are continuing to practice as normal but won't play the games?

Confused
                    I think the Big Ten is dangling the carrot that "there is a possibility of Spring football". So, teams may be continuing to work out, but not in season preparation mode anymore. Probably spring-drill mode, if anything.

Comment

• B12 announces they are playing
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They’ll change their mind after getting a beating from ESPN and the other usual suspects. That’s my prediction, at least. I hope that I am wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          B12 announces they are playing
                          Good.

I'll be watching.

Comment

• It's gonna happen liney in fact I was contacted to come help with booth assistance. I did it for the Pac12 for two years and the B12 needs help apparently because some of their crew have opted out. I will be helping if the games happen. Sounds like it's going to happen.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The MHSAA (Michigan High School Athletic Association) follows the "Big Ten Model" and moves Football to the Spring.

The decision comes of course, after the teams have already been working out for nearly 2 weeks. In the article, Mark Uyl, MHSAA President, alludes to the fact that the decision is based more on liability, than virus containment.

But, get this. If your daughter plays volleyball, her season will be played. Tennis, Golf, Cross Country, .. all will be played in the Fall.

I think its going to be amazingly silly to see how football teams manage to practice in late February and March, preparing for a season that begins in April. The ground is either as hard as a rock from the frost every year or muddy up to a person's ankle late in March. Its the WET season in Michigan during that time. Football fields will be mud pits.

I'm glad I'm out of the officiating game now.

Comment

• Contrast this to the FL HS football circumstance .... they will play. Take note that FL's % positivity rates are higher than those of MI's suggesting that community spread in FL is >>> than in MI yet FL plays HS football and MI doesn't. Go figure.

I find this dichotomy reflective of how fucked up our US COVID data is. If it were good and decision makers could rely on it for the purpose of formulating public health policy, we'd probably see some uniformity in policy state to state, county to county. But nooooo. Those making sound decisions about opening schools, playing HS sports and so forth appear to me to be properly contextualizing the data and mostly ignoring the absolute numbers that nay-sayers base their "don't do it" decisions on.

I get it. Medical boards advising official decision makers are comprised of scientists who want hard data. But it is becoming increasingly clear that the data looked at in isolation is flawed.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X