Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohio state at Michigan, Saturday, 11/30/19, Noon EST, FOX/Fox Video

Let THE GAME week begin.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Ohio State by 14. Will be a good game until late and then OSU's talent and depth win out.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

OSU by 24. Harbaugh will be 0-5 and the losing streak will get to 8.

It's going to get to at least 11. I don't see us winning The Game until 2023 at the soonest, which will be our first home game without any of Meyer's recruits on the field.
      Last edited by Hannibal; November 24, 2019, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Last season, before the blow-out launched in the 2nd half, M had some fight in them and the M score after an osu turn over right before the half made it look promising. But M was entirely over-matched in that game from start to finish. I thought the biggest issue in 2018 was Don Brown's scheme.

If there has been anything to learn from the last two games, especially the win over IU, Brown has done things to shore up M's D v. the vulnerability they had to haskins ripping off short passes on crossing and drag routes. This, then, set up the QB draw. The other area he's managed to paper over is a weak interior DL v. inside zone. I'm quite certain day will try to work dobbins into the A gaps. He's going to get his in there but this spilling thing M has been doing with it's DEs and combo blitz packages has manged to keep big chunk plays through that area in check.

It's a totally different approach to the run game and makes it hard for the OL to get it's blocking assignments down. In 2018, the pressure on haskins was zero. This despite a really good DL, injuries to it notwithstanding. Different approach, different look for day to deal with this time around. Not at all sure how it will work out and what adjustments day will make in game but getting some pressure on osu's QB given how day runs his offense is fundamental to defensing it.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

which will be our first home game without any of Meyer's recruits on the field.
          The 2019 class was way down, but still had some top level players. The 2020 class is getting there. The 2021 class will be Meyer-esque.

But, for now, Ohio State won't be able to handle M's offense. Too many weapons on the outside and Shea is playing at the Heisman-favorite level everyone anticipated in August. The running game isn't there, yet, but I'm sure HARBAUGH!!! and GATTIS!!! will do something to keep Chase Young from being starting blocks all game. Young is probably the only player M has to worry about.

Defensively, Don Brown has been eating glass for a full year. There's absolutely no way they get handled. Ohio State will probably get their 14-17 points, but as we saw yesterday, Fields can't handle a good defense, let alone an elite defense.

Intangibles -- Ryan Day was outcoached by James Franklin. So, yeah. And, this is the 50th Anniversary of Bo's legendary victory over Woody.

M wins this with ease -- 31-17.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

talent is so much fun having him around here ........he's so revoltingly cheery and up-beat on behalf of Harbaugh and his boys. Rather like Mr. Rogers. I'll be calling him that this week.

Comment

Brown will go with his small lineup to generate pass rush. You guys will be able to smash the ball up the middle all day ala Wisconsin.

Don't worry, Talent. You guys will probably lose at least one more game to us before you die, but it's not going to be this weekend.

Franklin didn't outcoach Day. Fumbles kept them in the game.

Comment

Fumbles kept them in the game.
                Fumbles and QB switch that OSU failed to adapt to for an entire quarter. I'd agree that 28-17 was about as close as that came could have been, but the 2nd half was an ugly display in every facet. You're boys have been unstoppable since the 2nd half of the Penn State. Ohio State has been total garbage since the 2nd half of the Penn State game.

I prefer your trend much better, Neighbor.

Comment

Penn State's backup QB averaged a paltry 1.1 ypc and 5.2 ypa with 0 TDs and 1 INT. I wish that I could find cause to be pissed about that kind of performance.

Comment

Those numbers went plummetting at the end of the game when they had to pass, OSU pinned their ears back, and he was sacked repeatedly.

Comment

That Chase Elliott guy is super quick.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Heh. Good hips and bend.

Comment

There is no matchup where Michigan has an advantage. Not one.

Chase Sanborn has a "fields day" and locks up the Heisman.

osu covers at least 17 points. It all depends on how much Day wants to impress the Selection Committee.

Michigan goes on to get whacked by Oregon in the Holiday Bowl.

9-4 ain't bad considering how things were following the Wisconsin debacle.

I'm going to hang myself in front of the big Pepsi bottle at Ford Field after the game.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

If you can contain Chase Utley, you'll keep it relatively close.

Comment

The reality is that OSU's offensive line hasn't been very good at pass protection and Justin Fields is hit or miss when it breaks down. He can salvage a play with his legs, but he also takes a frustratingly high number of sacks (instead of using his legs to create time to throw it away). M is going to pressure the bejesus out of Fields. And, as we've seen, they absolutely won't let him scramble. Unlike last year, OSU's WRs aren't elite. Olave is maybe the only one who'd even get reps at UAT. Mack, Hill and Victor are meh. That's going to change in a year or two, but for now they don't have anyone who can beat M's secondary. So, that leaves Dobbins. I'm not particularly confident that OSU can win this game with just Dobbins. The reality is that Ohio State is going to have a very difficult time moving the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X