No announcement yet.

ohio state at Michigan, Saturday, 11/30/19, Noon EST, FOX/Fox Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think I said anything positive or negative about Justin Fields but I do know I said Ryan Day may be an improvement over Urban Meyer. So far thats looking good, on top of that I'm leading the DSL pick contest.

Your complaint is with Brian Cook, please don't confuse me with that guy. He's seldom right but never in doubt.

I will say this about Justin Fields, I agree with Tom Izzo on the seemingly arbitrary nature of who gets waivers for transfers.

Comment

• Your hatred of Coach Day will not soon be forgotten.

I actually agree with HARBAUGH!!!! on the portal. Everyone gets a 1-time freebie. After that, well, it's gonna be tough. It's mostly that I don't understand the rare case where they actually deny the immediate eligibility. Fields seems more like the rule than the exception.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Justin Fields is a MFing joke! And Day is an assclown who will rue the day he took the job!

OWN IT, FROOT. OWN YOUR WORDS.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You know, sassing froot never gets old. Heh.

I will give froot a ton of props. He knew what was coming probably better than almost anyone. I'm still not ready to do victory laps -- I want to see Coach Ryan Day recruit. However, as I've been told, there is no skill or ability to recruiting at a place like OSU. You simply tell the boosters who you want and they get them. So, the recruiting should be just fine. WooOOOOT!

We'll see who leaves early for OSU, but man, that offense next year --- look the fuck out. I think they can really clean up some of the bullshit they've done this year and get things really humming.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

OWN IT, FROOT. OWN YOUR WORDS.
            tua.jpg

Comment

• heh

Comment

• I think we're now at the same point where CFB was when unlimited scholarships were allowed. The top teams in the country could sign as many players as they wanted. Bo and Woody used to sign kids just to keep them away from each other. They might never play a down, but at least the 'other guy' didn't get them. When the NCAA started limiting scholarships, and got everyone down to 85, then things started changing, and evening out.

We're going to need a change along those lines to bring the top teams back to the pack. I have no idea what can be done, but if CFB wants any kind of parity, something must be done.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What do you want the NCAA to do? Recruiting rankings are completely subjective.

Saban will retire soon. Ryan Day could be a one year wonder. Georgia lost two games this year, including to a suckbutt South Carolina team. How many ESPN 300 recruits did the Gamecocks get? Fewer than Michigan? Oh

Comment

• The NCAA did something with the 85 scholarship limit.

I admit, I don't know exactly what can be done. It may be a combination of allowing players to be paid, and increasing the scholarship limit. I have no idea.

If Michigan and OSU could still sign unlimited players, would the lower leagues like the MAC even exist today? Both would have upwards of 200 kids on scholarship, and about 25 of them would get regular playing time. The rest would hopefully get their degree and do something great with it.

I remember Bo and Woody signing kids just so the other wouldn't get them. My dentist is one of those guys. He used his M scholarship to go to the Dental school. He was a all-state RB in HS, and Bo signed him. He never played a down. Not one. He was on the "demo" team the entire 4 years. But he's had the last laugh. He's got the largest dental practice in the area, and the people around here love him.

Comment

• That's my point as well - we are at that kind of point, and there is a historical precedent for them actually doing something when we get to this kind of point. Hard roster cap instead of oversigning? Allow every kid one free transfer without having to sit out? Michigan would be among the handful of next-team-up schools that could really benefit from this.

Comment

• I guess after 3+ years we (in a way) got are 'make up' calls Hack?

No it wasn't vs Michigan, but it takes a lot of sting (if not all) away from that 2016 game

Comment

• Somewhere I imagine there's a sad, bitter Spartan fan saying that watching Michigan be humiliated by Ohio State, once again, took a lot of sting (if not all) away from this year's loss.

Comment

• Somewhere? They are all over my Twitter feed, every year lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Somewhere I imagine there's a sad, bitter Spartan fan saying that watching Michigan be humiliated by Ohio State, once again, took a lot of sting (if not all) away from this year's loss.
                              You don't live in this state. Their favorite motto is "my favorite team is MSU and whoever is playing Michigan". Just like we take some satisfaction from their losses, and those of OSU. State fans cannot bear any success that Michigan has. They root for OSU to beat us, even though OSU may have just railed them a few weeks prior. They've rooted for Notre Dame when the Irish are on their own schedule as well. Right now, they're crowing about their huge win in the Pinstripe Bowl. You can bet they'll be Alabama fans on Wednesday. Its the nature of the rivalry.

When it comes to OSU, everyone points at Michigan, and wonders why we're not beating them. Well, if you look around a bit, you'll find out that NOBODY is beating OSU with any regularity. MSU had a couple anomalous wins a few years back, Penn State has one, and Purdue has one. Who else is beating OSU? Its not just a "Michigan" thing. Everyone that points at our record against them isn't exactly beating them either. That's why OSU fans are taking this loss against Clemson hard, because they aren't used to losing. We've gotten used to it, and expect it.
                              Last edited by lineygoblue; December 30, 2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

Working...
                                X