No announcement yet.

2020 Citrus Bowl Alabama v. Michigan, January 1st, 1:00 PM EST, ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he would benfit from a game day coach. The Charbonnett kid was eating us up and Shea was overthrowing open WRs, yet he kept having Shea try medium to long range passes. I don't know if that was Gattis or him, but someone needed to step in and say, an old BYU-short yardage control passing game and pounding Charbonnett and Haskins attacks Bama's most injury-depleted unit: the front 7.

Going for long-range passes just threw at a relatively intact unit in our secondary.
    Last edited by AlabamAlum; January 5, 2020, 09:16 AM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The funny thing is that in M's two best performances they (a) obliterated Notre Dame with a relentless running game and (b) obliterated Sparty with a relentless ball control RPO pass game.

What they were doing against UAT in the 2nd half was confusing.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I was thankful. It's a game we def coulda lost with a better M gameplan or adjustments.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Michigan could have come into the game with an absolute Saban/Dabo-like perfect game plan, and still lost to the Tide.

The difference in the game was personnel. Alabama had the personnel to win, even when they had an off-day.

Michigan did not.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Comment

• Dunno Liney. AA has a point. I too was confused watching M's approach in the 3rd Quarter. Pretty clear Patterson wasn't going to get the long ball to anybody but there were a lot of 1st down attempts to do that. Instead of working on 3rd and 3, it got to 3rd and long too often. That M didnt answer after Alabama scored on their initial possession in the 3rd was a killer that later put them in a situation where Saban could bring it and Patterson predictably freaked. Game over.

The point is, the OL was getting push. I dont think Alabama did much different from my perspective and I was watching that - they stayed in their tight C2. M was getting run v. that because, well, LBs have to make reads, fill and they weren't.....at least in the first half.

M was controlling the game flow and Harris and gave it away to Saban in the 3rd quarter after Alabama went up 21-16 by trying for the big play that Patterson and his receivers already proved they couldn't make it happen.

Could have been a 31 - 30 slug fest with either team capable of winning it.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• M was controlling the game flow and Harris and gave it away to Saban in the 3rd quarter after Alabama went up 21-16 by trying for the big play that Patterson and his receivers already proved they couldn't make it happen.
                Exactly.

My point was based on Alabama's QB/receiver combinations was better than Michigan's. Jerry Jeudy was a man among boys, and was available any time the Tide needed him. Even Alabama's "inexperienced" QB was better than Michigan's senior quarterback.

That game was decided when the matchup was made. There was never any doubt.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Re 2019.... M lost to 4 teams likely to be ranked in the final top 10 and beat Iowa, and Notre Dame... It's not like they lost to Army ????

Comment

• Close though ...... you knew that.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Roll Tide

Comment

Working...
                      X