No announcement yet.

DSL's Movie/TV Reviews and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Young is a washed up spineless crotchety old fuck much like Howard Stern
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      You know you're really just jealous.

Comment

• Comment

• Does your wife like toys too?

Ha!
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Does your wife like toys too?

Ha!
              Yeah, that's where the legend of Carrie Fisher as a great actress comes from.

Comment

Does your wife like toys too?

Ha!
                That was my favorite of many good lines in that bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  Neil Young is a washed up spineless crotchety old fuck much like Howard Stern
                  So are you, so what's your point?
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• We need a Ted Nugent v. Neil Young pay-per-view cage match fight to the death. The winner gets shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      We need a Ted Nugent v. Neil Young pay-per-view cage match fight to the death. The winner gets shot.
                      Make it a fatal three-way match and include Bruce Springsteen.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Seconded.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

So are you, so what's your point?
                          Thirded.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• RIP Dr. Johnny Fever

A staple of '80s comedy television, Hesseman played Dr. Johnny Fever on “WKRP in Cincinnati" and Mr. Moore on "Head of the Class."

Comment

• Seconded
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ETERNALS (2021)
                                d. Chloe Zhao
                                Starring: Gemma Chan, Richard Madden, Angelina Jolie, Kumail Nanjiani, Don Lee, Salma Hayek, Kit Harrington

Same day I watched The Suicide Squad I watched Eternals. I've been doing double features on Saturday recently.

I sort of enjoyed this movie. IMO it's better than either Black Widow or Shang Chi, which also came out last year. At the same time I'm not sure how much I would recommend it and I get why a lot of reviews were bad. It's slow-paced compared with most Marvel movies and it's the first real MCU ensemble piece since the Avengers movies ended. But without A-listers (yeah yeah Angelina and Salma are in it but aren't main characters). It's hard for me to describe why I sort of liked it. It felt more outside the recent MCU template. It could easily just be a sci-fi/fantasy movie with no Marvel connection at all. I'm only slightly familiar with the source material because it's a been a long, long time since I read any of the comics but other than Sersi I think these characters were always very tangential to the rest of the Marvel universe.

One thing I'd say for sure is that it's a better looking movie than either Black Widow or Shang Chi. There are moments in those that are almost Sci-Fi film quality. The cinematagrapher is Ben Davis who has done a bunch of Marvel movies already. He's also done some shit films and some pretty good ones.

All In all I think this is worth a watch, but adults might like it more than kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X