• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hikaru Nakamura is now the World #2:

Round five of Norway Chess 2023 was a dramatic turning point as GM Shakhriyar Mamedyarov with Black beat GM Fabiano Caruana in the classical portion.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
        so nobodys seen GOTG what good are you waffletwats. I need info on whether its worth seeing

finishing up better call saul 3 episodes left--good tv
        You've already seen it probably fifty times. The Marvel movies are all the same. They all have the same plot structure and story beats, the same action, the same music. They are all the same.

Comment

• And they are all hot garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
            And they are all hot garbage.
            Loop Trump GIF

Comment

• guardians 1 and 2 were both worth a theatre ticket. i'll see 3 in a few weeks

Comment

• Astrud Gilberto died yesterday. Not a household name but you've heard her voice

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...a-dies-aged-83

Comment

• DSL:

Please review Cleopatra for us and let us know if it passes muster as a documentary or if the almost unfathomable Rotten Tomatoes audience score of 3% is justified.

TIA, your Franklin County pal, The Talent.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I saw Across the Spider-Verse yesterday. Very good movie with twists you don't see coming. Excited to see Part 2 next year.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• There are 4 other movies I want to see that are out now.

Guardians 3
                      Little Mermaid
                      Flash
                      Transformers
                      Elemental

I could be talked into The Boogeyman

Indy coming out 6/30 is another on my list too.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• strangers-on-a-train_u-L-Q1HW8W40.jpg

STRANGERS ON A TRAIN (1951)
                        Starring: Farley Granger, Robert Walker, Ruth Roman, Leo Carroll, Patricia Hitchcock
                        d. Alfred Hitchcock

Been a while since I discussed a classic on here. I assume most people know the basic plot. Man meets stranger on a train. Stranger proposes they murder each other's most annoying relative. Suggests it's the perfect crime as neither has any motive. Man thinks stranger is an eccentric weirdo and laughs it off. But he's very serious and lives up to his end of the "bargain" and expects Man to do the same.

This is not one of Hitchcock's better casts but Walker really steals the show (he would die just after the movie premiered). He's a psychopath but a vulnerable one as he displays unconscious guilt over having murdered Farley Granger's wife. Granger's character is a tennis star looking to escape a loveless marriage with his promiscuous wife, Miriam, who is played by Kasey Rogers and IMO another bright spot in the cast despite being killed off 30 minutes into the picture. Walker starts stalking Granger as he expects him to live up to his end of the bargain and there's a great scene during a tennis match where Walker is in the audience just staring at Granger while everyone else in the crowd is turning their heads to follow the ball.

I didn't look to see how many times this has been remade but it feels like a movie ripe for a remake. There are no iconic actors here. No one trying to replace Jimmy Stewart, Grace Kelly, Janet Leigh, or Cary Grant.

Comment

• Haven't seen it in a while, don't think it has ever been remade. I rank it up there with ' Rope'. Walker's best performance as a murderous gay psychopath, he died soon after this movie of an OD reports he was having one of many 'psychotic episodes' he was only 32. He had plenty of problems before and after the film, he had been in prison, and mental institutions.

His son was an actor, I remember him in Easy Rider, Star Trek and many other classic TV shows, he just died in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                            There are 4 other movies I want to see that are out now.

Guardians 3
                            Little Mermaid
                            Flash
                            Transformers
                            Elemental
                            I'll save you the money -- you've already seen them a hundred times.

Comment

• throw momma from the train had the same theme

Comment

• FOR THE LOVE OF LUCIFER...STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X