Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We gained one today- Chaundee Brown, a 6'5" transfer from Wake Forrest. He averaged 12.1 points, 6.5 boards, and 1.4 assists. There's also talk that the Nojel Easter transfer might not be a done deal. These are rumors but there isn't any confirmation that he's signed. Brown, like Eastern (if he's coming) may have to sit out next season. I guess we'll know a little more about what the NCAA decides tomorrow.

Comment

Highlights from this past year. He's physical.

Wake Forest's Chaundee Brown was a solid contributor for the Demon Deacons this season. Brown put up averages of 12.1 points to go along with 6.5 rebounds wh...

Comment

I'd like Nojel this year and Brown next year, assuming Livers stays and Nojel does come. But, impossible to predict. Glad we got a guy who projects as a solid starter. Wish we'd have gone after a multi-year transfer, but so be it. The transfer market is growing every year.

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
          I'd like Nojel this year and Brown next year, assuming Livers stays and Nojel does come. But, impossible to predict. Glad we got a guy who projects as a solid starter. Wish we'd have gone after a multi-year transfer, but so be it. The transfer market is growing every year.
          I know most of the posts on umhoops' forum are saying he doesn't have a handle but it looks at least decent in the highlight reel I posted. Could at least be a MAAR-type in regards to getting in the lane, though maybe more bullish and less crafty.

Comment

That's not a guard's handle, but he uses it fine to attack closeouts. I love that finishing through contact. Nice highlights. I guess it all depends on what Livers does, but ideally he sits a year and Livers comes back. The senior Brown could be a nice offensive stabilizer late in the shot clock for what looks to be a young team with lots of first-year starters.

Comment

If there's a season, we'll have Isaiah Livers back on board! He announced he's coming back for his senior year today.

Comment

Great news for Michigan! I think we very well might have a basketball season (no fans though)
                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                  Great news for Michigan! I think we very well might have a basketball season (no fans though)
                  Could be. There are AAU games going on now. I could see a January start with just conference play and no fans. Maybe the NCAA Tournament is some sort of bubble on one site. Or, if we're all lucky, a vaccine is found earlier than expected.

Comment

Yeah, a conference games only season is probably the best we can hope for, with no fans in attendance. As far as the NCAA Tournament, it may be a reduced field at a bubble site. A lot is going to depend on what happens in the Fall. If the NFL pulls off something resembling a successful season, then college basketball would likely go on as well.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      Yeah, a conference games only season is probably the best we can hope for, with no fans in attendance. As far as the NCAA Tournament, it may be a reduced field at a bubble site. A lot is going to depend on what happens in the Fall. If the NFL pulls off something resembling a successful season, then college basketball would likely go on as well.
                      I think you would have 4 bubbles.....One for each region with a final one coming at the final four.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Originally posted by Whitley View Post

I think you would have 4 bubbles.....One for each region with a final one coming at the final four.
                        That's what I was thinking too, though it will might be tough for student-athletes on the winning teams to stay in a remote location for nearly two weeks.

Comment

That Wojonoski guy from ESPN started a rumor today that some NBA teams are looking at Juwan Howard as a HC candidate. Howard came on Twitter later in the day and 100% denied his interest in returning to the NBA. He said he's Michigan's basketball coach, and is not interested in any NBA coaching positions.

I thought it might be interesting if true. Howard goes back to the NBA, and Michigan .... brings back John Beilein!

lol

Comment

I don't think Woj started the rumor. He reported/tweeted it. However, he probably should've reached out to Juwan for his input.

As much as I loved Beilein, that ship has sailed. It's Juwan's team and he looks to be doing well. Beilein left in part (I believe) because he was burned out with coaching players that might leave after a year or two. I think if he returns to the sidelines, if will either be to coach at a mid-major or a smaller high-major school with lesser expectations, like a Northwestern or Vanderbilt. The only other possibility is being a vet assistant, like Martelli is here.

Comment

Whatever Beilein's reasoning was, he fucked up badly. I thought that he just couldn't go to his grave without knowing whether he could have made it in the Big Time (if I'm right about that then now he knows).

Comment

Michigan got some additional good news on Friday when Chaundee Brown, a grad transfer from Wake Forest, was granted immediate eligibility by the NCAA for the 20-21 season.

From the link below: "Brown's eligibility this season adds some experience to the forward position to complement returning stars Isaiah Livers and Franz Wagner. Brown joins fellow grad transfer, Mike Smith, from Columbia as players that will be eligible for the Wolverines this season that had transferred into the program during the offseason."

Comment

Working...
                                X