Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UM hoops is back tomorrow.

2 pm (or maybe 3 pm) on espn2. Bowling Green.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Nice!

Comment

ESPN2 at 4pm Est.
        M vs Bowling Green.

The Franz Wagner + Isaiah Livers team. ... I just hope to see one of the guards (Nunez, Jackson, Mike Smith, Brown, Howard, or Brooks) randomly put everything together and light it up this season. Will make this team fun considering Wagner + Livers.

AND weirdly expecting Brandon Johns finally becoming a reliable player. Fingers crossed. Johns had a couple nice games in February and was hyped coming into M.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

I'll be watching this one too. Hoping to see Howard step up his coaching game a bit. He's proven he can recruit. Now he has to take care of business on the court.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Nice W. Couple thoughts:
            - Chaundee Brown caught fire in the 2nd half. I was hoping for one of the guards to randomly play like that... Brown certainly did! Hope it continues because that raises the ceiling of this team if there is any consistency from Brown. Mike Smith also looked solid.
            - Wagner, Livers, Davis, and Brooks played as expected.
            - Hunter Dickinson. Damn... impressive. He has so much potential... comparable to Kevin Love and young Luke Maye? Only hope Dickinson is not 1-and-done at M.
            - Terrance Williams. Showed flashes that he can play. Issue is M has so much depth... we’ll see how much playing time he gets by the time conference games start.
            - Brandon Johns. Definitely can see he is better. Will be in the rotation! Perhaps not a starter though.
            - Zeb Jackson. Didn’t do much.
            - Nunez. Rip to his M career.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Newcomers Mike Smith and Shaundee Brown showed that they belonged. They fit in like they'd been with Michigan all along.

That kid Justin Turner for BG looked like he couldn't miss for a while there. He led all scorers with 24 points. He made a lot of triples.

Nice opener for Michigan. They're going to win some ballgames this year. They're probably a year away from contending for the conference title but they should make the NCAA's. The league is so tough, and there are so many good teams ahead of them, its going to be hard to break into that group. If that kid Garza from Iowa stays healthy, he's going to steamroll his way to the #1 pick in the NBA draft. The guy can play ball.

Comment

At least it's basketball season.

Oh wait, we're losing to a team that probably ranks in the 300s in basketball. Never mind.

Comment

Well at least we avoided the embarrassment.

Comment

Purdue just beat Oakland, the team M went into OT with, by 43.

Ruh roh, M basketball .... time to wake up.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Sparty beat Duke for the first time in a what seems like a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                        Purdue just beat Oakland, the team M went into OT with, by 43.

Ruh roh, M basketball .... time to wake up.
                        Yeah, they had a lot of trouble with Oakland's zone defense. They tried to make a lot of fancy passes inside, and Oakland was either swatting them away, or stealing them. They had something like 12 turnovers in just the first half. Three's weren't falling for them either.

They're in the 2nd tier of the Big Ten right now. Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, MSU and Maryland are in the top tier. Overall the Big Ten is the best basketball conference in the country, and its not close. Any conference win is big.

Comment

The Oakland game was apparently just a blip. Last night after a shitty first 10 minutes, the Woverines outscored Central Florida 60-18 in what was just about the most dominant 25 minutes of basketball that I have ever seen. Nobody in the first four games has shown a hint of being able to stop Hunter Dickinson.

Comment

The NC State game for Wednesday has been postponed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              The NC State game for Wednesday has been postponed.
                              Bummer.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Nobody in the first four games has shown a hint of being able to stop Hunter Dickinson.
                                He's Teske with speed and quickness.

Comment

Working...
                                X