Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

It's hard to look ahead to anything at this point but I'm going to be optimistic and say we'll be playing basketball again come Fall. The team is starting to take a new shape, with the DDJ transfer. I'd say Livers returning is 50/50. There's other speculation going on today but it's only minor smoke at this time.

We already saw some changes from Beilein Ball in Juwan's first year. Things should be even more different with Simpson and Teske moving on. I don't know who the starting PG is going to be (I'd guess Brooks is the frontrunner) so that has to be the most interesting factor at the moment.

There are lots of other questions, many of which we should find out about in the next month or so.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 24, 2020, 01:37 PM.

Wth?? Dejulius is leaving? Why?

He showed some real growth last season. I was looking forward to him taking an even bigger step this season. The starting PG spot was basically his to lose this next year wasn't it?

Maryland has already reached out and DeAndre Hayes (former Beilein assistant) has already worked with DDJ so there's already a built in connection...I bet he goes to Maryland and haunts us for s couple of seasons.
    AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Well hopefully this is a reaction to the knowledge that Christopher is coming, and that Brooks is sliding to the 1 spot. If so, DDJ wasn't going to get more than another 20-25 mpg. I do have a feeling that fifth-year DDJ is going to be a hell of a player, but Michigan was never going to have that player. He was never a redshirt candidate. But I thought he was just reps and seasoning away from being a really nice starter at PG.

If Christopher is not coming, then I don't know. For now, though, lots of moving parts. I'm thankful ours isn't a team with half the lineup departing right after the season ended. Attrition was to be expected, and is going to be painful, but lets see where things shake out. Christopher announces 4/13. We'll know so much more by then, but even then it won't be set. A similar logic definitely applies to Johns as to DDJ. There's so much young talent coming in that a guy like that might not be guaranteed starter minutes as an upperclassman. If two of Livers, Wagner and Todd are here, he might do the same as DDJ.

Comment

I would guess either Christopher or (Harvard Grad-Transfer) Bryce Aiken are coming here(with an outside shot at both), though the recruitment of Aiken may have come with the knowledge that DDJ was going to leave.

Comment

Jace is coming on as a walk-on. That frees up a scholarship.

Comment

Over at MGoBlog they're saying Todd isn't coming to Michigan. Apparently he deleted pretty much everything on his social media account that was UM related. Including his commitment video.

Comment

Colin Castleton has entered the transfer portal. Lack of playing time likely the reason.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Originally posted by Niffla View Post
                Over at MGoBlog they're saying Todd isn't coming to Michigan. Apparently he deleted pretty much everything on his social media account that was UM related. Including his commitment video.
                There's talk on Twitter that Todd was on IG with Will Barton and Todd said he's still going to Michigan. I didn't see (other than a screen shot which doesn't really show much) it but a couple of people have posted about it. Also, he hasn't deleted anyone on his IG account. It sounds like things are as they were. I don't know why he stopped following everyone on Twitter but it could have just been done as a joke to get fans all worked up.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  Colin Castleton has entered the transfer portal. Lack of playing time likely the reason.
                  He would've been good depth and could've worked his way into being a starter next year but he certainly can find an easier path to minutes somewhere else. There's some speculation that he was also a little homesick. Florida doesn't have anyone over 6'8" in their current recruiting class and nobody for 2021, so that might be a good fit.

It looks like both he and DDJ will likely have to sit out a year to have both years of eligibility left. If you're ever going to have to sit out a year, this looks like the one to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by *JD* View Post

There's talk on Twitter that Todd was on IG with Will Barton and Todd said he's still going to Michigan. I didn't see (other than a screen shot which doesn't really show much) it but a couple of people have posted about it. Also, he hasn't deleted anyone on his IG account. It sounds like things are as they were. I don't know why he stopped following everyone on Twitter but it could have just been done as a joke to get fans all worked up.
                    Yeah I didn't go research his accounts myself -- just read the thread over there. Hopefully he's still coming.

And Aiken is out. He chose Seton Hall. He would've been a really nice add...former top 100 recruit and a pretty prolific scorer. Sigh.

As for Castleton, he can be a solid contributor somewhere. He lost his confidence though last season. I hope he does well wherever he goes.

Comment

Some speculation Todd wants some suspense for his signing announcement, hope they are correct...

Everything I hear Christopher is signing.

Comment

Michigan adds Grad-Transfer PG Mike Smith to the mix. He played for Columbia and averaged close to 23 PPG and 5 APG this past season. He's short (listed at 5'11") but has a good handle. At the very least, he adds much-needed depth at the position.

Comment

Smith highlights:

Mike Smith. 5'11 Guard. University of Michigan Transfer. 1 Year Eligibility.

Comment

And quotes!

https://247sports.com/college/basket...gan-145908731/

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Working...
                              X