Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by paul daugherity View Post
    Yep, being in the Final Four is a big deal. And yes, would have more than likely resulted in a loss to Gonzaga.

For me, this one hurts because it seems symbolic of what has happened to UM in all major sports in big games. They get close, but just can’t finish.
    Yep. They can play for another 100 seasons and never meet an 11 seed in a regional final again. That was an all-time choke job. Just baffling.

Comment

• They may have caught a big break playing ACU in the 2nd round, but Yookla still beat MSU, a #6, and then a #2 before us. Maybe they're good? This year the relative rankings of the conferences seems messed up. They finished in their conference about where Purdon't and OSU ended up. Don't get me wrong, having two of your starters go 2-17 from the field with your MVP out sucks ass, but not the worst ever.

Comment

• I'm not going to be that tough on them. I don't think it was a choke job. UCLA didn't exactly shoot the lights out either. It was a bad game by both teams, and for Michigan they found out you can't miss your last eight shots and expect to win. Those shots have got to fall.

That's why I think having Livers on the floor would have made the difference. He was the leader, the guy you look to in order to settle the game down, and make some key plays. I still think having him on the floor would have won the game for M.

But, they still would have lost to Gonzaga. In the end, they checked out a game early.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• shaddup
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Awful end, but at least they got clean looks. It would be worse feeling like they farted it away with dumb decisions or whatever. It was just a Murphy's Law kind of night. Shitty, but is what it is.

Comment

• MSU totally choked against UCLA, the second half of that game was infuriating. How they are in the FF is beyond me.

Comment

• Horseshoes. Have that team of destiny look about them. But give Cronin credit too.

Comment

• I guess, but I'm not giving him much credit for the Spartan chokejob.

Comment

• Wasn't impressed by the Bruins other than the Kentucky transfer who couldn't miss for about 4 minutes who gave them their lead... They didn't mpress me vs Bama either. Both games they were fortunate their opponents missed alot of layups, open looks and FT's.

Covid allows everyone another year though i don't expect any seniors to return. Both the possible early entries imo need another year in college, Franz i like his NBA potential but he's going to spend next season on the bench in the NBA if he leaves though that seems to be the trend in the NBA to draft guys who aren't ready in year 1.

Lots of incoming talent that improves next seasons ceiling.

Comment

• I’m with you, Froot. I’ve never seen such a middling/shit team go this far. Alabama shot 11-24 from the line in a game that went to OT. I don’t think UCLA has some generational free-throw defense. Michigan shot 54% from the line in a game we were in the double bonus for the final 10 minutes. UCLA being alive is a statistical anomaly unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Michigan made 10 of 20 LAYUPS and missed their last 8 shots from the field. Lost by 2. Fuck UCLA and whatever evil spirit they sold their soul to.

Edit: Agree with WM, too. UCLA did absolutely nothing special other than stand around and watch us lay more bricks than Fort Jefferson.
                      Last edited by Mike; March 31, 2021, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• UCLA is just expelling horseshoes out of every orifice. There's no such thing as FT defense. They're just getting extraordinarily lucky. They allowed us plenty of very good looks at the basket, and, FFS, one fucking layup would have been enough. I give them credit for having a good defensive gameplan and implementing it, because our offense did not look good and that wasn't solely because our guys just weren't on last night, and maybe didn't have the resilience the '18 team had to just stay cool and keep executing the offense no matter what. But it's definitely true that what UCLA is doing is enjoying a lot of dumb luck.

Comment

• fuckin refs
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well we got 6 freshmen coming next year.

If Wagner leaves that is going to open up a scholarship. So one of Brooks or Brown could stay if they wanted. If Nunez left the program then both of them could stay if they wanted to. I doubt Nunez does leave.

So if it comes down to a choice of ONE of these guys....who do you want to keep for next year. Wagner, Brooks or Brown?
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Wagner may be considered a first rounder, but fact is, no matter where he goes, he's going to ride the bench. He's not good enough to leave Michigan, and win a starting job in the NBA. He might start in the "G" league, but is that really a step forward?

I get it that if he goes high enough in the draft, he's got guaranteed money and all that, but does he want guaranteed money to ride the bench? Seems to me, he'd want to play.

But what do I know?
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think if Wagner leaves----he is going to be in an NBA rotation from Day 1. And being in an NBA rotation (talking 8 man rotation here...maybe 9 depending on the team) is a big step up from starting even at an elite level college basketball school.
                                2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X