Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Livers officially gone now.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Yep. Sorry to see him go. I hope he does well in the NBA.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Wagner officially declared for the draft. Good luck, Franz!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Wagner officially declared for the draft. Good luck, Franz!
          I still feel that he could use another year of college ball, but its no surprise that he's leaving. Its why he came to America. He won't crack the starting lineup for any team in his first season and maybe even later. But, he could work his way into a 1st of 2nd off the bench.

Comment

• He's likely to sign a rookie contract with a guaranteed salary north of $20M over 4 years. If he flames out, eh, whatever! I always revert to Red Berenson's philosophy. He'd tell his players if they're good enough to play in the NHL he'd drive them to the airport. But he didn't want to see anyone leave to kick around in the minors. When you're talking about guaranteed NBA money, you have to go

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I still feel that he could use another year of college ball, but its no surprise that he's leaving. Its why he came to America. He won't crack the starting lineup for any team in his first season and maybe even later. But, he could work his way into a 1st of 2nd off the bench.
              This comment applies to the NBA of 30 years ago perhaps, but not today. Let's not sell him short. Franz is an extremely talented player and perfectly suited to today's NBA. He's just precisely what they're looking for on the wing and is going to be given ample opportunity.

Comment

• There was a piece in the local FL sports section on Duncan Robinson. He's a hot commodity now. In his interview he said (paraphrased) right now I fit in with what our team is doing. Most teams in the NBA are playing a certain way and the heat is one of those teams. 5 or 10 years ago, I wouldn't have fit in. Right time, right place for what I can add to the team.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Nice article on Jalen Rose:

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-fab-fiv...225239413.html

Comment

• The University of Michigan may remove the name of college football legend Fielding H. Yost from the Yost Ice Arena. Yost's contributions to UM football and athletics were inequitably placed above the “profoundly deep and negative impact he had on people of color. President Mark Schlissel, who can accept, reject or modify it. However, only the Board of Regents can remove an honorific building name.

Comment

• Hopefully, there are enough sane people on the Regents who will toss this 'proposal' in the waste basket where it belongs. But they have a majority of Democrats, so I'm not hopeful.

Get ready for Colin Kaepernick Ice Arena ...

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        The University of Michigan may remove the name of college football legend Fielding H. Yost from the Yost Ice Arena. Yost's contributions to UM football and athletics were inequitably placed above the “profoundly deep and negative impact he had on people of color. President Mark Schlissel, who can accept, reject or modify it. However, only the Board of Regents can remove an honorific building name.
                        I linked the article in the hockey thread.

Comment

• Oh my mistake thanks

Comment

• No worries.

Comment

• Hunter Dickinson will declare for the NBA Draft and hire an NCAA approved agent, which will allow him to maintain his Michigan eligibility. Dickinson said he wants to get feedback from the NBA as to his draft status. According to the article, no mock drafts have him in the 1st round. He'd likely go in the 2nd round. I hope he decides to stay, of course.

Comment

• Me too. I can't imagine how he's not a first rounder though.

Comment

Working...
                                X