Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why we can’t have nice things.

Comment

• Sucks...

Feel bad for Livers.
      M won’t win the B10 or National Championship without Livers. I already went through losing Robbie Hummel twice. M’s new ceiling is making the Sweet 16. Probably lose there at best.
      Johns and Williams will have to step in. Johns actually looked good at the end of the 1st half yesterday for what it’s worth (probably little).

At least we have the Lions... oh wait, the Red Wings... oh wait, the Pistons... oh wait, the Tigers.... oh wait, M Football.
      Shiiiiiiiiittttttt.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah, that's a serious gut punch. Livers is one of the guys that has made this season happen.

OSU will win today, .. and M might win 1-2 games in the tourney, but then its over.

Great season though. It was fun to watch these guys. I actually started watching basketball again.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• What a shit performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post
            Welp, twitter guy with 400 followers was right.

Livers out indefinitely. 🙁
            The other shoe has dropped.

Comment

• Didn't like that last possession at all. Michigan fights hard, but they need to find some offense without Livers in a hurry.

Comment

• Holy shit. WTF, COY??

Comment

• I saw enough of that shit from Burke to last me a lifetime.

Comment

• Just not enough offense from Wagner and Brown to overcome the loss of Livers today. Another great game between these two teams-- if they played 100 times, I doubt either team would win one by more than six. I just hope that Michigan hasn't lost out on the final #1 seed.

Comment

• What’s it matter at this point? 1-7 against OSU in the BTT, btw.

Comment

• The last possession of the game was soooo dumbassed.
                        You have to execute something better there.
                        Purdue was in a similar situation yesterday. Down two instead. They found a way to give Trevion Williams a touch in the post. Led to OT.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• They pounded Williams two straight times on the block at the end of the game for two easy scores. I can't understand why any team with a good big wouldn't go to the block against Ohio State in crunch time (or any time).
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Its hard to blame Mike Smith on that last shot. He just gave Michigan 18 points and 14 assists yesterday. He's one of the reasons they got to where they are.

They missed Livers' big time. Just having him on the court could have helped a lot.

But, this team has been tailing off since the first OSU game. That, IMO, was their best game of the season. Its been on a bit of a downward trend since.

Michigan wasn't going to get past Illinois anyway, but it would have been nice to go 2-0 against OSU. Illinois will finally get their "share".

Hopefully, they haven't played their way out of a #1 seed.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              What’s it matter at this point?
                              I agree. What does it matter at this point. 1 seed or 2 seed, without Livers it's only a matter of time when we exit the tournament. Only question is will it be the first weekend or the 2nd weekend.

And I don't know, was that even a legit out of bounds call on Ohio State there at the end? On that quick glance of the replay I don't know if his heel touched.

If that really wasn't an out of bounds I would've absolutely hated to win that way. At the end of the day they absolutely didn't deserve to win that game in any form or fashion. What was the final overall shooting percentage today? It felt like it was atrocious. If they were even shooting their season average then it's a different game. Credit to Ohio State for sure, but you still gotta shoot better than that. That was bad. Awful. But yes for the record that final possession was...I don't even know what that was.

I was so excited for this tournament, man. Like a kid on Christmas. Now with this Livers news, it feels like waking up on Christmas morning and realizing someone broke in and stole everything.

I'm really not even looking forward to the tournament anymore to be quite honest.
                              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                Its hard to blame Mike Smith on that last shot. He just gave Michigan 18 points and 14 assists yesterday. He's one of the reasons they got to where they are.
                                I certainly don't blame Mike. I do blame that being their strategy, though. I know it's easy to say in hindsight, but...down 1 and your final shot is a tough, challenged heave from three with the clock winding down? Just dribble out the clock and force a tough three when a two would've won it?

That I don't understand. Also, holding for the last shot...don't you want to get an attempt up pretty quick? That way in case you miss, you can still foul and be within a possession with another opportunity at your disposal?

Idk, obviously Juwan has forgotten more basketball than I'll ever know, but as Mike was sitting there dribbling out the clock all I could think in my head was wtf are they doing?
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X