Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hack, it’s good to read you again.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No it isn't
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• One thing though is that Emoni knows what Howard is all about though. And he might be craving some structure. He comes to Michigan he will know that this is Dickinson's team. Memphis didn't have much structure at all. I can see just coming in and playing basketball and being a key guy but not THE guy being attractive to him.
        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Give him the big bag Juwan!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            Its a very typical story. Kid is a good basketball player. Kid needs more experience. Kid thinks he's ready for the NBA anyway. Kid goes to the draft. Kid gets drafted low. Kid goes to training camp and gets cut or gets sent to the G league. So long, Kid. If he ever plays organized basketball again its likely in Europe or China.

Kid could have stayed in school and gotten a degree that would help him in life. Instead he's a college dropout and now working at Wal Mart restocking grocery shelves.
            The G League is better for development than college.

Comment

• If Bates were to come to Michigan fully committed to submit himself to Howard's leadership, then maybe he'd help the team. If he were to come in simply to pass time until the NBA draft, he'd be a drag on the team.

IMO, Michigan doesn't need him, or that risk.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• That’s pretty much where I’m at. There’s a lot of upside but also a lot of downside. His tenure at Memphis was a shitshow.

Comment

• Bates has a lot of baggage so far but he may turn that around,, he would have to get away from the father. I've read a couple articles making the case that his lack of athleticism is just as big of a problem.

Comment

• Thanks, AA! Very glad that Wiz disagrees with you.

Holy shit the drama of the Juwan Howard era. The Covid whole-team shutdown, the Livers injury, The Slap, Terrence Shannon craziness and now maybe Emoni is a real thing? Who else might transfer out or land in the portal? Are our players really being recruited off our roster via NIL offers? Just, wow. Gonna be an interesting 48 hours. Part of it is just the craziness of the NIL era.

As for Emoni, there's a real player in there, not too far below the surface. Certainly not a generational LeBron-type talent, and maybe not a future NBA all-star, but there's a 10-year NBA talent there if you can bring it out and keep the circus clowns away, and if Emoni can recover from the childhood-actor type of scars he'll have from being wrongly overhyped from a very early age. IMO you have to feel for the kid. Does Juwan think he can harness what's there? Or maybe his hand is forced into this risky Plan B by Michigan's admissions gatekeepers, unwillingness to be daring with NIL, or both? Hard to know what's what here. Overshadowed by it all though is that he added a solid combo guard to the roster yesterday in Llewelyn, who won't raise the ceiling but probably goes very far establish a solid floor for backcourt play.

One thing about Emoni though is that his core skill is something sorely missing here, and he would be playing off Dickinson rather than initiating the offense much of the time. And the following is is a huge assumption based on what goes down in the transfer portal and with Diabate and Houstan, but as a wing he plays a position where Michigan probably will have the depth to bench him if need be. And if it goes right, one benefit is the positional flexibility to cover for Michigan being light in the backcourt.

Comment

• This is a big surprise a day after getting the Yale Combo guard. Frankie Collins has entered the transfer portal that is a big big blow.
                      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Not a spot where we could afford attrition.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                          Not a spot where we could afford attrition.
                          I wonder if someone got in his head. From his Instagram....After talking with my family we thought it was the best if I explore my options and enter the transfer portal "

Comment

• Maybe the transfer from the Ivy League was a determining factor?
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              Maybe the transfer from the Ivy League was a determining factor?
                              seems odd timing to be sure. The thing is though is that the transfer is billed more a combo guard. Only 2.5 dimes the last year he played.

Comment

• https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/202...-michigan.html - this helps. It's good to know the staff was prepared to take Llewelyn even if it meant losing Frankie, and that they see him as a PG who has played plenty as a combo guard rather than the reverse. I liked a lot about Frankie, especially on D. It would have been great to have him for next year. But clearly the staff isn't as excited about him as some fans were. It's kind of a relief to not have to scheme around a guard who lives off penetration and can't make half his FTs.

Overall, crazy times. Just crazy. Michigan is going to have to adapt or die with its moralizing BS.

Comment

Working...
                                X