Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MICHIGAN MEN'S BASKETBALL- '23 -'24 Season.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And anyone watching the game Saturday could see that Tucker had a game-long look of anger on his face. The man didn't smile once, even when his team did something good. Look at the video, and he looks like he's mad at the world. Dantonio was that way as well, but at least he found time to Grinch-smile when his team was playing the way he wanted them to.

As much as I disrespect anything msu, at some point, this thing is going to have to be put in the past. Both institutions are going to have to defuse this bomb, or there's going to be trouble every time M faces msu in ANYTHING. How is M going to be treated at Breslin this season? Is it going to be a free for all, or are adults with cool heads going to prevail? I'm also concerned about the football game there next season. Again, what is going to happen? Especially if ANY of the msu players are reinstated, and are on the field. Will Michigan feel the need to retaliate?

If the powers that be do not get out in front of this thing, we're going to be looking at a CFB version of the Detroit Red Wings vs Colorado and LeMieux. And I don't think that's a stretch.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Comment

• I think they need to take a couple years off this game.

I'm totally serious. Pick up another BTW opponent or an OOC.

It's happened before. Back in the early 1900's Michigan and Minnesota took several years off playing each other due to the violence both during and after the games.

Comment

• Yes.

An MSU friend of mine was giving me sas and "they-both-do-it" crap and I just said " I hope they go through with the proposed "cooling off period" of four or five years and just don't play".

That shut him up. UM has its rivalry. MSU is nothing without the MSU-UM game.

Comment

• I think its something that needs to be considered.

Do any of us think for even a moment, that MSU fans are going to behave respectfully? I mean, not just toward the team, but to our fans, our band, and anyone else attached to the team? Are they going to treat next year's game as an opportunity to 'even the score'? What if some of the players who have been suspended, are allowed to play? Are they going to take shots at M players, and vice versa?

Maybe this series does need a time out.

And yes. MSU needs the game more than Michigan does.

Comment

• Back to basketball in the basketball thread .....

---

Freshman Jett Howard scored 30 points in 22 minutes of play on Friday night as Michigan defeated Division II opponent Ferris State in an exhibition game 88-75. Sophomore Kobe Bufkin (yes, Michigan now has a Kobe) added 21 points.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...e/69619327007/

From the article:

Howard and Bufkin put on a dazzling offensive display, combining for 51 points and nine made 3-pointers for Michigan, which put the finishing touches on its preseason preparations by shooting 53.6% from the field (30-for-56).

Howard led the way with 30 points in 22 minutes, shooting 10-for-12 from the field, 6-for-8 from 3-point range and making all four of his free throws. Bufkin added 21 points in 24 minutes, going 6-for-8 from the field, 3-for-5 from deep and 6-for-6 at the free-throw line.​

The only starter returning from last year's team is Hunter Dickinson.

Comment

• Wiz, what are your thoughts on the Michigan-Ferris State game?

Comment

• You cannot beat a High School basketball team if you don't make free throws.

that is all

Comment

• Well, I don't know how they managed it, but M beat the Emoni Bates-led EMU team tonight at Little Caesars Arena by a score of 88-83. Bates had 30 points for the Hurons, while Hunter Dickinson had 31 for Michigan.

Dickinson was about the only M player that could hit free throws, going 5-6 from the stripe. Michigan was 25-40 from the stripe as a team.

Michigan trailed for most of the game. They dominated the last 6-7 minutes to get the winning points.

This is not going to be a good season.

Comment

• No need to panic yet but the team looks horrible outside of Dickinson these first two games. Hopefully they’ll gel into a good squad by mid season. Howard had to put the starters back in the game late against Purdue Fort Wayne to preserve that win.

Comment

• So Michigan draws better attendance than the Pistons on their home court lol

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          So Michigan draws better attendance than the Pistons on their home court lol
                          Yes. And to take it a step further, Michigan playing EASTERN MICHIGAN draws better than the Pistons.

Do you think anyone from the Pistons organization was watching?

My guess is nope.

I still think it was a bad idea to close The Palace.

Comment

• In 20-21, before they went on to win the conference and make the Elite Eight without their best player, they needed overtime to beat Oakland. It's the first week of the season. If they still look this rickety in a month then it's time to wonder. This year's pieces fit together much better. On paper, at least.

That said, Juwan's gotta stop recruiting non-defenders unless he can get them in shape to defend in a hurry.

Comment

• Coming into this season, wasn't expecting this squad to be ranked (top 25). If the B1G is as good as its been the past 5 years, this squad will need help to win half their games. Could see this squad coming together if 2 of Jett Howard, Kobe Bufkin, Terrance Williams are better than expected and are plus B1G players.

Comment

• My expectations are fairly low. Top 8 seed in the tourney, maybe getting to the round of 32.

Comment

Working...
                                X