Michigan 49 @ Minnesota 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan 49 @ Minnesota 24

Count me disinterested .... maybe in a couple of weeks. I'd give this contest actually happening about a 50% chance, maybe a shade less.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Michigan starts a new QB, on the road, against a team that considers every game to be a "season". And, Fleck will make a big deal over the Jug.

We've seen this show before. Minny by a TD.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Minny is our bitch. Just like we are OSU’s bitch. We should beat them.

Comment

With that said, we really need Anbry Thomas back for this one. Tanner Morgan could rip us apart otherwise.

Comment

Corner depth non existent, Ambry is needed back.

Comment

There are no road games. Empty stadiums are pretty much a non factor.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I believe the Big Ten has said that players and coaches families will be allowed to attend, and then some others from faculty, administration and the sports department will be allowed as well.

For Michigan, that will probably get about 5K - 10K in the stadium on game days.

I imagine the numbers will increase as long as there are no major local outbreaks. Some of the games I saw on TV today looked like they had 10K+ in the stands.

Comment

...so like a high school football crowd...in Kentucky...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

No...EFZ...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

No broadcast info yet. Any one heard a TV or streaming plan emerge?

Neb at osu is on FOX time TBA .... the only BT team with at least a broadcaster ID'ed.

I don't know how Brown is going to defend against a decent Gopher passing attack from Tanner Morgan. If I'm Fleck I'm taking the top off M's D until Brown shows he can defend against the long ball. There's no shortage of opportunities for Morgan to pick away at a short passing game either. Another weakness of Brown's defenses - getting his players to pick-up the play changes and get sucked in with over-aggressiveness - a Brown trademark that can be mercilessly abused.

Will probably be a a blood bath.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I can see that happening. Michigan is a horrible road team in season openers. There will be no crowd, so to speak, but Minnesota will be playing in a familiar and comfortable setting, and this is a huge opportunity for Tanner Morgan to shine. I think he will.

Best chance Michigan has, is to shorten the game by running the ball, and keeping Morgan on the sidelines. Kind of like what Army did to us last year. Keep the score within a TD and get the game down to the final minutes, and then steal it. If Michigan tries to get into a shoot-out, they are doomed. Opening on the road with a first time starter at QB is not a good formula for a shootout. Its like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

If I were betting and I had to bet today, I'd make Minny a 7-10 point favorite. Morgan will likely feast on those young DB's.

Comment

If we are soundly beaten by Minnesota, the entire staff should be given their final paycheck and a bus ticket on the way out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            If we are soundly beaten by Minnesota, the entire staff should be given their final paycheck and a bus ticket on the way out of town.
                            I agree Mike. On paper, Michigan has better athletes, and should be able to handle the Gophers rather routinely.

Harbaugh should be able to coach circles around Fleck.

But Michigan is horrible in season opening road games. Michigan is starting a QB that has no starting experience. He may be a very good QB, but he's being asked to be great right from the first snap. I'm not confident he can do that.

I'll be watching. I want to see the new kids play. But my expectations are low.

Comment

Goofers 27 HARBAUGH!!! 24
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                              X