No announcement yet.

Michigan 49 @ Minnesota 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All analysis aside aside for a moment, that was just fun as hell to watch.

The fact that I was a little disappointed after the game that we didn't score more really demonstrates how good the offense was clicking. For the first time in the Harbaugh era, I at least feel like the offense has a real identity. And as Hanni pointed out, no wasted plays where we ram a sacrificial lamb into the line on a standard run down. After the first series, which was really killed by the PF on Mason, Michigan's next 10 possessions resulted in 7 TDs and 3 missed FGs. Then McNamara threw 3 straight incompletions in mop-up duty with a couple minutes left. But as far as any meaningful possessions, Michigan was stopped exactly once due to a PF after we gained 24 yards on the first play from scrimmage.

We can probably pump the breaks on the whole "road win against a ranked opponent" trope, too. That Minnesota team couldn't credibly execute a kick-off. They will be much better down the road, glad we caught them when we did. Still, a lot to create legitimate optimism, tho. I wasn't impressed with PSU at all and they always run the risk of going "full Franklin", Wiscy looks very good but may be without Mertz when they visit AA. I really think 7-1 is possible - barring any key players going into Covid protocol....
    Last edited by Mike; October 26, 2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Niffla View Post

I thought I saw somewhere that the Big Ten was firm in only allowing an extremely limited number of close friends and family members of the home teams, and that would be the rule for the remainder of the season.

I could be wrong though.
      I think you read correctly. They do have a conference agreement as to how many people are going to be allowed to attend.

However, I've learned not to take the Big Ten's word on anything, much less attendance allowed. They change their minds more often than some people change socks.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liked what I saw on Saturday...

Biggest worries going into the game was Milton, his oline, and the corners... Milton impressed me with his decision making, arm, and ability as a running threat. Gophers aren't a good defense and weren't at 100 percent but this was an excellent debut in his first start, he won't have to worry about opposing crowds this season...

Offensive line was again much better than what I feared. Warriner deserves a ton of credit, he's getting guys ready in year 2 in his system. Ben Mason is a beast out of the backfield, he's giving his running backs holes to run through and is even a threat as a receiver...

Didn't think the Gophers defense was very good, so curb some of the above enthusiasm. I prefer speed in space pass the line of scrimmage as opposed to being a risk of losing yards...

Mildly disappointed by the linebackers, thought they had chances to contain Ibrahim but made some mistakes and missed some tackles. Don Brown schemed around the lack of a strong DT talent by using a 3-4 front pretty often. Tons of attrition in the off season at LB so zero depth behind the starters, Barrett made some plays and he was the biggest question mark.

Kwity Paye couldn't get blocked, he was in the backfield all day. The missing link to his game was getting to the QB and it looks like he's a couple pass rush moves he didn't have last session.

​​​​​​Go blue!

Comment

Working...
        X