• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither has come close to expectations.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Gee, lots of excitement for this one.

Comment

I see no reason to be optimistic. Rutgers is an improving team. Michigan is not.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

I know longer care and won't (A) for the rest of this asinine BT designed season and (B) Until Harbaugh is out the door. There is no reason to believe he can fix the huge hole he has dug for the football program. His performance as M's HC has been mediocre at best, disastrous, esp. as it relates to his ability to elevate the program to a championship level, at worst.

He's proven he couldn't do it in 5.5 seasons. It is highly unlikely that he would be able to do that going forward. He is who he is and it turns out he's not very good at running what should be a championship caliber program.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Watch Jim Harbaugh continue the destruction of Bo Schembechler's legacy.
            Sadly I must agree with you. Harbaugh is not worthy enough to shine Bo's shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
              Debatable.
              Great?...minds think alike. I was about to post "Debatable" but low and behold you beat me to it.

Comment

I know this is rather rudimentary analysis but Rutgers put up 27 points against OSU. Imagine how much they will put up against Don Brown. I have no clue how much the offense will be able to produce against the vaunted Rutgers defense but my guess is it's less than 27 points.
                Last edited by maxreturn; November 20, 2020, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Losing to Rutgers would just be the most 2020 thing possible at this point. That's pretty much the domino to an 1-7 season. I just can't see that happening.

Comment

Yeah, no way. Though it will be competitive. Like 34-24 or some stupid-ass thing.

Comment

It's ultimately, and absolutely frustrating to the point of infuriating (if you continue to look at it) how pathetic this program has become. Again. There must be something really rotten going on for this team to have suddenly collapsed after the first week. It's certainly not due to the lack of talent.

And with this, ohio is pretty much showing itself to be the nearly perfectly designed, tuned and operated machine against Indiana. There was once a time when Michigan was able to function like that.

Comment

Yup. I don’t understand what has happened. Recruiting has fallen off a little, but the big issue right now is more coaching and development. QB and CB player progression hurting this team really badly ...
                        Sad because I honestly believe that 2016 M team was a good QB away from being a Playoff threat. Speight was so meh....
                        Ever since then, we have seen a poor man’s Jim Harbaugh drag this program down. Jim being a lesser coach now due to an unclear medical or age reason.

Anyone know if McNamara is starting BTW?
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

McNamara SHOULD start. He led the only decent scoring drive last week. This season is in the crapper anyway, so give the kid a chance to play.

I still think a Rutgers win is a real possibility. Schiano has them playing well. Michigan is a mess right now. Perfect storm.

Comment

A healthy Speight wins by double digits in Columbus in 2016. The misfortunes like that have really been a Michigan trademark for the last dozen years. Call it “bad karma” if you like, but it’s really just a lack of robustness. Michigan just hasn’t been able to address and overcome adversity. That’s not all on coaching, but that’s where it starts and ends.

Comment

Not that anyone cares, but M was given a shitty spot on that 4th down attempt. I've looked at the play a few times and believe Milton clearly had the 1st down. B10 refs strike again. I shouldn't be mad at the refs though because M can't pick up more than 1 yard vs Rutgers with a big QB running the ball.... and M still refuses to go under center in short yardage situations.

Now Rutgers is up 7-0 after that.... nice!
                              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

This season has the same feeling as the final Hoke year and the final RRod year. Bad stuff has to happen before anything good can happen.

If Manuel can't see that this staff needs to go, then he needs to be fired as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X