Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Unfortunately, Governor Gretch will probably limit capacity to 1.5% of actual capacity.
    Yet, oddly enough, the announced attendance will still be upwards of 110,000.

Comment

• Let me know which game they'll honor the basketball at team at halftime and I'll go to that one.

Comment

• From what I'm hearing, there will be fans in the Big House. How many is unknown but the Athletic Department has announced dates for seat licenses and ticket sales with no restrictions attached. That is most assuredly going to change AFTER, the AD has our money.

It's anticipated that season ticket holders will get some but not all of their tickets, credits will be issued for adjusted seat license fees and tickets based on what the number of fans allowed in the stadium is determined. Whther these are credits or refunds isn't known. Apparently, how this goes down is going to be determined at the conference level. IOW, all BT teams will be operating under the same rules and those aren't being released to the public if they are being discussed among member schools and evolving.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If the season were opening on Saturday, they'd probably allow something like 10K in the stadium. Which is, as Mr Talent said, about 1% to 1.5%.

And yes, somewhere the other 90,000 will be accounted for and added to the attendance figures.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 10,000 would be about 10% capacity. I'm sure whatever the final number ends up being, it will be far below what is actually safe. I expect Big Ten stadiums in 2021 to look like the SEC's from 2020.

Comment

• I'm a tad surprised that Gretch hasn't given in to "Jo-Nay's" numbers, showing that Covid cases in Michigan are on the increase again. Most of the increase is among younger people but that hasn't stopped her in the past, from issuing more commands that she feels are necessary. I'd like to think that by time kickoff rolls around that Michigan Stadium will be allowed to gather about 25K or so. But, Gretch gonna Gretch, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I thought the Big Ten was going to allow local governments to determine stadium attendance numbers?

Jo-Nay is the State of Michigan's equivalent of a surgeon general. She's very rich and very educated, so instead of spelling her name "Joanie", like regular folks, she spells it Joneigh, which, I guess, sounds more important. And its worthy of some mocking.

Comment

• I thought the Big Ten was going to allow local governments to determine stadium attendance numbers?

Right, my understanding is that the BT will provide a framework for that to occur. I would assume a green light for fans in stands will depend on vaccination rates and the level of circulating virus in Washtenaw Co. in the case of the Big House.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Giles Jackson has left the program. *Yawn*

Comment

• I don't see where he made that big of a difference/contribution. He ran back a kickoff for a TD, but he only had 300 total receiving yards the entire time he was here.

Bye.

Comment

• Bye bye
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• THOSE WHO STAY WILL BE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That now refers to basketball.

Comment

• Well Comerica Park is @20% capacity right now. So that would put Big House attendance at around 22k?
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
                              Well Comerica Park is @20% capacity right now. So that would put Big House attendance at around 22k?
                              Yeah, I think that's what they're looking at.

I hope that the university uses good sense and gives the bulk of those tickets to the students. Everyone else can be patient a bit longer.

And please let the MMB be present.

Comment

• Michigan filled out its 2025 season schedule by adding New Mexico and Central Michigan as home games. Those two along with a road game at Oklahoma completes the OOC part of their schedule. Michigan has never faced New Mexico before, and has faced CMU 7 times winning all seven. I haven't looked it up yet, but I think the last time Michigan played Oklahoma was back somewhere around '76 or '77 in the Orange Bowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X