No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup. It's been a shitty few years for Lloyd.

Comment

• Rutgers is currently outrecruiting HARBAUGH!!!!! They're mostly doing it on volume, though their average recruit rating is really strong for the B10. HARBAUGH!!!! is usually 90ish for that, and then the #3 school is high 80s -- 88-89. Schiano is at 88.5 or something. I doubt he's able to hold that, but, man, what a job by that nutball.

Rutgers might not be the gimme for HARBAUGH!!!! that it has been. Well, I mean, excluding last year. That wasn't a gimme.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Good thing we get them at home this year!

Comment

• I haven't seen any reason to come off my original prediction for this team in 2021. They'll struggle to get six wins. 7 wins or more will be an over-achievement.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Where is Schiano pulling in the recruits from? Mainly regional kids?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              I haven't seen any reason to come off my original prediction for this team in 2021. They'll struggle to get six wins. 7 wins or more will be an over-achievement.
              Yep.

Comment

• 6-7 wins? Man, I dunno. If you go by the recruit rating services, the talent gap between M and several teams in the BIG is either pretty narrow (e.g., Talent's Rutgers post) or it has widened so significantly that talent alone makes wins over OSU unlikely. Pre-the decade long decline of M football, there were easily 9-10 wins with half of those being gimmies. No more.

I think we have a good idea of how good a recruiter and game day coach Jim Harbaugh is entering his 6th year. HIs recruiting has been mediocre loosing out on elite talent more than he wins those contests. On game days, he's being outcoached on the regular, IMO. That just makes a 4-5 loss season - good enough to make a shit bowl and who cares about that - but no where near good enough to win the BIG or advance to the CFB final four.

I've got my home game tickets for the 2021 season but won't be doing any road trips. The primary reason for going to M football games in the Big House is to tailgate with friends, visit my son and his family in Saline and not have to watch TV broadcasts of M's games that routinely suck along with M's shitty football play.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Indiana has quietly put together a couple good recruiting classes, and signed a couple notable transfer portal players. They beat Michigan convincingly last year, so to me, that means they've caught and passed M. PSU has a dink for a coach, but he recruits, and he brought his worst PSU team ever to AA last year, and put a whipping on M. Even the crappy MSU team and their coach du jour beat M. There's just nothing at all to be optimistic about. The early end of the season in '20 saved us two more wipeout losses. That's why I feel they'll struggle to get to 6 wins. Its not a given that they'll get that 6.

Comment

• Doesn't Rutgers usually start well before other schools pilfer their top recruits

Comment

• Its not a given that they'll get that 6.
                      6 sounds about right, I looked at the schedule and its a lot of L's. Sparty wins at EL this year.

Not that I care much about college football or the NFL besides betting, it's also showing on social media people have lost interest in this program, or not falling for any stupid hype.

Story from last Nov

Michigan and MSU football have become Lionized

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/c...ns/6285655002/

Not only did Jay Toia spurn for UCLA, the Bruins designers used his U-M photoshoot pic for their commitment graphic.

E3a4N4jXMAQwHF0?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post

6 sounds about right, I looked at the schedule and its a lot of L's. Sparty wins at EL this year.
                        The underperformance of the Harbaugh era is pathetic and infuriating.. BPONE has become the program's defining characteristic... But, no, let's not automatically assume that Sparty is a guaranteed loss this year.

Comment

• And here we go.

Comment

• So how credible is Matt Schembechler? Not that he's the only one but he's accusing his own dad of ignoring things

Comment

• Break out the wrecking ball. May Harbaugh go the way of the Bo statue…

Comment

• If true, and I don't want to Judge to soon. Matt has tried to sue Bo and Michigan before. But if true , Bo legacy is is finished and im done with Michigan. His name and likeness and statue needs to be removed, the number of Anderson's victims could exceed 800, according to court filings. That is telling. He's no better than Joe Paterno and could be worse, but Ill wait for the facts (if we get them) - who lets their kid get abused like that? If Harbaugh knew, he's gone (sooner the better) and I really like him (besides his coaching), sticking up for Bo yesterday. I guess "The Team / The Team / The Team" is more important when you don't want to lose your power. How many schools have had problems like this that will come out in the future? Perverts' - Pedophiles - who get a job to be around victims so they can fill their desirers with no consequences. Hey, it's just like Politics (without murdering people also) .

Comment

Working...
                                X