No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might as well. Its never acknowledged anyway. If the NCAA were to take it away, nobody would ever notice its missing.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's probably a good time for Jim Brandstatter to STFU.

Comment

• I agree with him to a point. I agree that more voices need to be heard. Gary Moeller and Lloyd Carr were also head coaches during Anderson's reign of terror. Were they also aware of what was going on? They're still around. There's also a lot of Bo/Moeller/Lloyd assistant coaches that are still around. They need to be questioned. And I think he's right when he says Shemy needs to be spoken to. Bo adopted three of Millie's kids. One is deceased, and there is an older brother that is still around, whose name escapes me. Could he be asked about this? I don't think its right to only focus on Schembechler here. This sounds like an entire institution problem, which is very concerning to me, because if the NCAA starts talking about "lack of institutional control", that's the crap that got SMU the death penalty. And we already know that Michigan has very few friends and lots of enemies within the NCAA.

More questions need to be asked of more people. That part I agree with. The rest is homerism on the part of Brandstatter, which is basically all he does.

Also, there's been more than one AD since Canham. Questions need to be asked of all of them who were there during Anderson's time.
        Last edited by lineygoblue; June 15, 2021, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• I would assume Wilmer Hale talked to all those guys. According to their report:

WilmerHale made extensive efforts to identify and contact current and former University employees who might have relevant information; we ultimately spoke with approximately 200 such individuals. We organized our outreach to current and former employees around the following categories:

University employees who may have first-hand knowledge or awareness of Dr. Anderson’s alleged misconduct. Without exception, if at any point during our investigation we received information that a current or former University employee may have knowledge of Dr. Anderson’s misconduct, we attempted to interview that person.

https://regents.umich.edu/files/meet...son_Report.pdf

Comment

• I haven't read that report and I don't intend to. What happened to University students at the hands of Dr. Anderson is beyond any conceivable excuse. He is solely responsible for his abhorrent. behaviors. The U has conducted an investigation, laid out a responsible course of action at the U and I suspect they will be held accountable as facts and civil suits emerge with such facts being established in that setting. I'm fine with that. But put down the torches and pitch forks FGS.

Beyond the investigations by the U and the steps they've taken, I don't give a shit. I'm loath to look back - the current bull-shit of doing that to somehow erase the accomplishments of historically prominent men and women, discredit them - is equally as bad as whatever that historical figure might have done in the distant past. I categorically reject grave digging whose sole purpose is not to make improvements going forward but rather to shock,, titilate and otherwise bring attention to the ones doing the digging. It's not any kind of moral high ground being staked out here by these dumpster divers.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I really think M deserves the Death Penalty...as does Pedo State...and tOSU...and Wisconsin...and Iowa.

UNL B1G Champs.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                I really think M deserves the Death Penalty...as does Pedo State...and tOSU...and Wisconsin...and Iowa.

UNL B1G Champs.
                You guys would still find a way to fuck it up and lose to NW or Minny.

Comment

• Minny and fNW Death Penalty too.

Now STFU.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Awww fuck it. We'll just join the Sun Belt.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Appy State is hot hot HOT and would kick your ass too

Comment

• Back on topic. 10-1 going into The Game. Probably 11-0, but I'll play it safe and say 10-1.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Back on topic. 10-1 going into The Game. Probably 11-0, but I'll play it safe and say 10-1.
                          If you are talking about OSU's record, you're probably selling your team short. Penn State or Indiana is their only threat in the BTE, and they should handle them easily. If you're talking about Michigan, .. well, .. you really need to lay off drugs.

Michigan is going to be so bad that they are going to struggle to defeat Western Michigan in its first game, much less anyone else on the schedule.

If they have six wins at the end of November, they'll have over-accomplished.

There was nothing, absolutely nothing about Michigan Football at the end of 2020 that gives me any optimism for 2021. There will be a group of guys that will wear Michigan football uniforms that will run out the tunnel, under the banner, and be loudly greeted by the home fans, but they will not be a real Michigan football team.

What we see of Michigan football in 2021 will be akin to the Brian Ellerbe days of Michigan Basketball.

Comment

• Harsh but I can't totally dismiss your take. I'll defer to people that watch this more closely than I do but M has talent on the roster if that's defined by recruit rankings and M's talent levels compared to other BT teams. I think we've seen waisted talent and that's been born out by reading between the lines of Juniors and Seniors either out of elegibility or with some reminaing that left the program recently. Nico Collins had something to say about this directly, but carefully, if I recall.

So, there's that factor. I suppose the people that have the most impact on wasted talent are the coaches who decide who starts and what offense and defense fits the players on the roster. I think it's pretty clear, on both sides of the ball this has been mostly a disaster the last two seasons.

The thing that has to be taken into consideration is program perceptions among fans and sports analysts. Michigan is down. Are they really and will they go under .500 in 2021? That's the perception and of course it shapes BPONE. I'll admit, I never had that condition ..... until just recently, that term being relative at my age. Probably worsening in degree over the last three seasons.

During the 2021 season, we could be surprised or we could be nodding our heads and saying, "told ya so." I'm definitely approaching the season with less anticipation and more disinterest. Nobody likes getting let down and Harbaugh has done that. No need to torcher myself.
                            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• When Michigan has had teams that gave me hope for future seasons, I've spoken up and shown that optimism. When one looks back realistically at the 2020 season, this group of players and coaches gave NO indication of ANYTHING optimistic for future seasons. Getting rid of Don Brown may have some positive results in the 2-3 year timeframe, but its going to be yet another "first year adjustment" to whomever is making the calls on defense. Offense wins games, but defense wins championships in the Big Ten. Nobody is better on defense in the Big ten than Ohio State. That's just the way it is. I don't like that, and I actually hate that. It never should have happened. But, .. here we are. Its where the people who are in charge have led this program.

Everyone had to deal with Covid issues last year, so those effects are a wash. Other teams found a way to win. One of the crappiest MSU teams in the last two decades came in to Michigan Stadium and beat them. The worst team in James Franklin's PSU career came into Michigan Stadium and pounded Michigan. Indiana came in having lost what, something like 39 games in a row at Michigan Stadium, and beat Michigan like they were a red-headed stepchild.

Anyone wanting to defend Michigan 2020, please show me where I'm wrong. I'll wait.

From now on, AFAIC, its put up or shut up with me and Michigan. Don't give me the rah-rah crap. Start showing it on the field. Until then, Michigan is destined for continued suckbutt status.

Comment

• shaddup
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X