No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was there for both Game 3 (saw it from Kaline Corner) and Game 4 (Upper Deck in the section where you can't see part of the field sec 425 I think....right along 3b line). You could feel Comerica Park shaking from fan excitement. People were high fiving each other walking out of the stadium.

Opening Day is the only thing that comes close, and before Covid19 hit had tickets and the place to stay in Detroit for the home opener. Really hope that there will be fans in stands for the 21 opening day.
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

I just realized I posted Tiger Stadium lol Kind of like DTE, I still call it Pine Knob. Though different places entirely

Comment

I did have season tickets at Comerica Park right on the 3rd base line for 3 years. Great seats, not so great ball park.

Comment

As 2020 comes to a close, the talk around the program regarding a new DC seems to be focused on Will Muscamp, recently fired from S. Carolina. His time at "the other USC" was not stellar, but he's still considered to be a good coordinator. Biggest question for me regarding Muscamp would be if he'd jump to another HC job after only 1-2 years? That's got to be a consideration. Michigan needs a DC who builds a solid defense, but they also need continuity. IMO, Michigan needs to fill this position soon, because 2022 recruiting is already on the front burner, and top talent is going to be committing.

Maybe Harbaugh has a couple people from the NFL in mind, that are still working for their current teams. NFL rules do not allow coaches to negotiate or sign new contracts until their season is completed.

Still not a lot of movement in the transfer portal yet, although that could change in January, as the new semester begins. The 2020 season is basically a mulligan, when it comes to eligibility, so anyone who wants to play an additional year can do so. Problem is, they can do it anywhere they want, not just their current school. That could have a huge impact on the roster.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

What's holding the hiring of a new DC up is Harbaugh's exploration of options with the NFL according to various readings of the tea leaves by various sources. There's a good chance he's looking at NFL jobs as his #1 option with remaining at M his back-up plan.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Yet another reason why he should have been fired already.

Comment

If he's keeping his NFL options open, the most practical move would be for him to go to the Lions. That way he could continue to live in Ann Arbor, where he and his wife really like the Ann Arbor school system for their kids, especially their son who has special needs.

Problem is, the Lions don't even have a GM yet, and the GM is going to be the one that hires the next coach. So, that could drag out for a while.

I'm guessing that Harbaugh will stay in A2 for one more year before seriously considering an NFL move. Manuel has no gut to fire him at this point, so he's basically safe.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Lots of chatter Harbaugh didn't like the 3 year terms of the deal getting nerved after Covid and a terrible season. Now he's waiting to see if there will be a better deal from the NFL after the weekend, or possibly hope Michigan will match?

Comment

#staythecourseHARBAUGH!!!
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

If the chatter is true, and I'm reading the same things WIngsFan is reading,Warde is an idiot, well, no, he is exactly who is is, for letting Harbaugh play him. He's soft when hard decisions are required.

This kind of soft landing solutions to things within the U has characterized decision making there from sports, radio broadcasts to academics for a long time. We're within 48h of the end of the NFL season and if teams are going to make moves in the context of the Rooney Rules and minority hiring, we'll know soon enough. Frankly, I think Jim has issues that are at play beyond his role as HC of M football. The NFL owners and GMs may not want to deal with that...... not that that is a good thing for M football. Michigan and M fans will continue to own whatever distractions he's dealing with.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

I don't know that it's fair to blame Warde. Harbaugh would get a soft landing under any other AD, and in plenty of ways deserves as much, even if not quite this soft. But it's not just legitimate program heroes that get treated with excess deference. Dave Brandon, of all people, got a soft landing. It's the culture here. They only want to win the way they want to win, and they haven't seemed to have considered whether that's realistic or if some adjustments are required.

Comment

Stay the course and stay away from Allen Park

Comment

Originally posted by hack View Post
                            I don't know that it's fair to blame Warde. Harbaugh would get a soft landing under any other AD, and in plenty of ways deserves as much, even if not quite this soft. But it's not just legitimate program heroes that get treated with excess deference. Dave Brandon, of all people, got a soft landing. It's the culture here. They only want to win the way they want to win, and they haven't seemed to have considered whether that's realistic or if some adjustments are required.
                            It's entirely fair to blame Warde ....... it is this kind of shit and as you point out in agreement with the point of my post, "it's the culture here." That's the problem and it is exactly what has lead to embarrassing blow-outs in The Game, a host of other embarrassing losses too numerous to recount and the irrelevance of Michigan football on the national scene.

If M is ever again to become "Champions of the West" and in the current context compete for a CFP berth, there needs to be a program reboot. The reality is that that isn't going to happen and THE reason why I'm no longer interested. I'm still following with reduced interest but I won't be paying for tickets to attend, in person, games that feature the steaming pile of shit M football has become. It is also unlikely that I'll be counted in Neilson ratings for televised M football games, such ratings important to advertisement revenue generated therefrom.

Comment

As a quick note -- Venables is widely considered one of, if not the, best DCs in CFB. And Ohio State was well on their way to trucking him for 60+ until Fields broke his body. The point being that Don Brown's efforts should probably be viewed in a different light -- a much, much, much more favorable light.

I think there's probably still time for M to right their grievous wrong and bring DON BROWN!!!! back to AA.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Michigan should just go back to manball, its going to be 8-4 years ahead anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X