Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Hold on there. Don Brown's scheme was only part of his problem. His overall recruiting philosophy and generally bad recruiting is the other part. The talent on that defense was assembled by Don Brown. It's pretty much what he wanted.
    Recruiting was an issue, but there were some guys on staff who made up for it. But it seems like every time that somebody left that stuff, a worse guy came in after him. Overall though, I didn't see much with Brown's shittiest games that I don't see as being the side effects of Harbaugh. Brown looked a lot better when Harbaugh gave a shit.

This year we'll be just as bad as we were last year.

Comment

• Just bought my M-UNL tickets...gonna be a bloodbath in Lincoln...hard to imagine HARBAUGH!!! losing to FROST!!!
      Just bought you a one-way ticket to Kabul. Bring your robes and turban. Try to fit it.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thanks JB!
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Zero expectations... I see alot more toss up games than usual that could go either direction on whether M is good or not. 6-6/7-5 sounds about right and that is assuming alot of progression on both sides of the ball..

Don Brown was a major issue. He could find diamonds in the northeast but he'd search for those diamonds at the expense of getting guys who could play. His gameplan was great when he had an obvious talent advantage against bad QB's/OL's and one dimensional offenses. But when he had to face an actual good offense, he was usually exploited...

I know very little about the new defensive coaching staff, so they could be worse but I'm a big fan of the Ravens defensive philosophy and I'm hoping Macdonald picked up more than a little while he was there. Early returns on the recruiting ability of the new coaches is a mixed bag, 2022 class is a baby step in the right direction. Talent disadvantage vs the Buckeyes isn't closing any time soon.

Comment

• If HARBAUGH!!! loses to FROST!!! then I would recommend shutting down your program...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Me too.

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• U-M's face covering policy for athletic events in 2021-22.

http://mgoblue.fan-one.com/nl/jsp/m....2d7a5b0bf10221

In a nutshell, they want you to wear a mask anywhere that is inside a building on campus, including the covered seating at the stadium. If you're seated outside, they "still encourage face coverings" but are not required.

No capacity reductions are anticipated at this time.

Concession workers and stadium workers will be required to mask up. That should be fun on those late summer Saturdays where stadium temperatures reach 90 and above.
                  Last edited by lineygoblue; August 18, 2021, 04:35 PM.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• As far as I know, Ohio Stadium is going to let you go maskless in your seat or wandering the concourse, but they want you to mask up if you use the bathroom.

Good luck enforcing that with the usual crowd of 85 year old ushers

Comment

• Apparently covid only resides in the john on Ohio...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Maize n Brew has a couple articles breaking down the M depth chart position by position. QB, RB, WR, and TE so far.
                        Your best source for quality Michigan Wolverines news, rumors, analysis, stats and scores from the fan perspective.

As someone trying to cram in knowledge of the roster because of a lack of desire to previously do so for 20 months, these are good reads.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I don't care. a few years ago when there was still a glimmer of hope in my brain, I'd have read it. Now? No.

I will be at the first two games. If those are the stinkers that have become common place, I'll just shrug my shoulders and say, yep, same ol, same ol,
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We're favored by 17 against WMU. That sounds about right. I'd lean towards taking the points, but I remember RichRod's '09 and '10 teams beating up on some cream puffs, so we could win by 17, as bad as we'll be.

Comment

• My concern about Michigan covering 17 points has to do with their defense giving up points left and right. I think the offense will score plenty, but the D will give it right back up. I think WMU keeps it within the spread.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Michigan is 7-0 all-time against Western Michigan, winning by an average score of 37-10. The only time Michigan didn't win by seventeen points or more was during World War I.

I understand the many reasons for pessimism this year, and they may prove to be well-founded, but history says Michigan covers in this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X