No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just stuck this thread for the day. This after a plethora of posts ansewering the question I posed showed up in the wrong threads.

Sorry about the confusion.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I think the tempo thing was interesting because they didn't really make an adjustment. The Spartans did it seven times in the game. I know the Spartans have run tempo and I have watched nearly every snap but they didn't run it to catch the substitutions against the other opponents. That is something they must have caught in the film study.

I' don't buy the NFL to college transition story. That is an NFL style. You try to run a defensive lineman off the field before the offense has made a substitution against a veteran NFL QB and you are screwed. A-Aron will sit in a muddle huddle and stare at the opponent sidelines looking for a substitution. Its been a staple of the NFL for 35 years. If anything McDonald should have been prepared for it being from the NFL I have read some of those same explanations on Mgoblog, they probably don't watch much NFL or they don't understand what they are seeing. The leisurely pace they see the NFL have is when the offense makes a substitution, but every team has a muddle huddle setup that they can go to, even the ghastly 0-17 Lions.

Comment

• This sort of thing may be an effort in futility or pipe dreaming but it is nonetheless interesting. The Diary from mgo looks at hypotheticals scenarios (and does a good job of dealing with different game outcomes in the BTE) for M getting to the CCG and/or the CFP.

My head was spinning after reading through this Diary and continued to spin after the comments section. But this concluding sentence in the diary itself makes things pretty simple:

One thing is clear, is Michigan needs to win out, and OSU needs to beat MSU. We want to avoid a situation where we're in a tiebreaker with MSU, so that means wanting OSU to win all games except Michigan, if you can bear it.

The other thing is we need to root for Wisconsin and Northwestern to win games, and Minnesota and Purdue to lose them (except against MSU, that helps a lot).
        https://mgoblog.com/diaries/btcg-tie...ason-scenarios
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• If you win out, it doesn't matter what MSU does. Two Big Ten teams would be in.

Comment

• Doesn’t sound like something we need to spend a lot of time worrying about.

Comment

• Maybe not

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Jeff, in terms of financial investment strategy, “past performance is not indicative of future results” is true. In CFB I’m not convinced that is the case.

Since Lloyd Carr retired Michigan’s record against Michigan State, Ohio State, and bowl games is 7-33.

7-33.

In such games, Michigan has been victorious 7 times in 40 attempts. Jim Harbaugh has been the coach for 7 (half) of those seasons.

I remain unmoved by any MgGo bloggers’ rose colored analysis.

7-33.

Comment

• I can't remember Michigan's last bowl win without Googling it.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Harbaugh’s first season we beat Florida 41-7 in the Citrus. Hoke’s 2011 team beat VaTech in the Sugar. That’s it since Lloyd’s last game.

Comment

• Ok, I remember that Citrus game now. It was so insignificant that I'd forgotten it.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• UNL's last bowl win was 2015 in the Foster Farms Chicken Bowl against UCLA...we were 5-7 that year but qualified because there weren't enough bowl eligible teams.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That was a classic Foster Farms Chicken Bowl.

I hope you have the commemorative t-shirt.

Comment

• Yes I do. I also have the commemorative chicken from it. Want some?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Only if it has your trademark Kraft Ranch on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X