No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The strip/fumble/td had an effect in the game. It'd be a much different game at the end if Michigan was protecting a 2 point lead, rather than putting up the ball trying to come back from a 4 point deficit.

Yeah, .. I know .. Its Michigan .. we aren't allowed to blame lazy, poor, and inconsistent officiating. Michigan accepts the injustice and moves on.

A game result can't be reversed, but heads should roll when the mistake(s) cause a change in the outcome. BECAUSE a game result can't be reversed, heads need to roll.

But, they're well protected by the GOBN.

Agree re: game stoppages by TV. I recently went to a CMU game, and even though it was only on ESPN3, and streaming, they were cutting in on almost every change of posession. I really think more commercial breaks could be handled via PIP. Reduce the large picture down, run some ads for about a minute, but don't stop the game. They could do this on change of posessions, following kickoffs, and even at the end of quarter changes.

I think that would be a everyone wins scenario.

But, what do I know? I'm a twatwaffle.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      The Big Ten admitted to Harbaugh this week that "officiating errors" were made in the MSU game, including the overturned strip/fumble/TD by Hutchinson.

Well, duh ...

Easy fix. Award Michigan the 6 points for the mistake, and declare Michigan the winner of the game.

Nahhh... that would be too fair.

Just another instance to add to the long list of "officiating mistakes" committed by Big Ten officials when Michigan is involved. Nothing will be done, of course.
      fuckin' refs

I'm certain there were zero calls that favored HARBAUGH!!!

WWCAW
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Again, it’s 4 points at the most.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's a conspiracy. HARBAUGH!!! says so.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Its just another instance to file away in the long, long record where the Big Ten officiating organization can't seem to get rid of the hard-on they have for Michigan.

Seems like nearly every year, the BT offices end up 'admitting mistakes were made' in games involving Michigan.

I don't think its a conspiracy, I don't think its anything overt by the Big Ten. I just think its lazy, crappy officiating where bad officials are protected by their good-old-boy pals.

There are individual officials within that organization that carry a very loose flag when it comes to Michigan, and they have been dragging their feet in eliminating the problem(s). Repeating what I said post game: Instant replay was instituted to correct errors. A very serious (admitted) error was made. One which included Michigan scoring points, and then taking away those points. The replay system once again, failed to correct the error, as was admitted by the Big Ten pooh-bahs.

Add it to the file, and again, nothing will be done to correct the problem. Its Michigan.

Michigan "lost" by 2 points. They had 6 in the bag, with the correct (admitted by B10) call made. (I daresay Moody would have added the XP) They would have played a much different game with a late lead, rather than throwing downfield for a game-ending pick.

It will happen again, and I'd lay money that it will happen again this season, and it will figure in Michigan losing a game. I'd also lay money that there will be another bad call AGAINST Michigan that will affect the end of the game, BEFORE there will be a bad call that HELPS Michigan. Rock solid guaranteed.

But, we can't blame officiating. File it in the file.

And, the B10 also said there were "other errors made" in the game. A similar "ground catch" by a Michigan TE (in the Indiana game) was disallowed, whereas the ground catch by the MSU WR last week was allowed.

Add it to the file. Its just Michigan.

now, if it was OSU .. heads would roll ...
            Last edited by lineygoblue; November 8, 2021, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• Good post Linesman ...... I'd offer M is complicit. Their self flagellation for perceived wrongs is legend. This is a rough example of it maybe in reverse. Here is an organization, the Big Ten, which you have made a good case for, has refereed football games unfairly and to M's disadvantage and two key players, that would have impact, sit back and take it up the ass - Manuel and Schlissel.

I made the case yesterday that the FOX habit of cramming commercial breaks into their broadcast of BT games endangers the quality of athletic event and yet, Warde sits back without comment or challenge. Just another example of what little interest a key player has in challenging outrageous conduct.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It's not hard to fix the replay review problems in college football, you simply take the decisions out of the hands of the refs that made the call on the field and send it to a centralized review facility like the NHL does. This automatically eliminates the bias the referee has. The strip sack fumble that was overturned in East Lansing is shocking given any person at home with high definition television could easily see the QB knee never touched the ground. To overturn a call on the field you need incontrovertible proof and I have no idea how that happened on that play. I don't know if staring at tiny screen under a hood on the field makes it harder, but I assume it does. Those people shouldn't be making the calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacksonite22 View Post
                  It's not hard to fix the replay review problems in college football, you simply take the decisions out of the hands of the refs that made the call on the field and send it to a centralized review facility like the NHL does. This automatically eliminates the bias the referee has. The strip sack fumble that was overturned in East Lansing is shocking given any person at home with high definition television could easily see the QB knee never touched the ground. To overturn a call on the field you need incontrovertible proof and I have no idea how that happened on that play. I don't know if staring at tiny screen under a hood on the field makes it harder, but I assume it does. Those people shouldn't be making the calls.
                  I like the idea of a centralized review, rather than having an on site official looking at what he just saw on video. That could be done without a lot of changes. A centralized group of say, 3 officials look at the video, and their call is final. They tell the R what their decision is, and the game moves on. But again, there is protection and favoritism withing the officiating community, and I'm not sure how to eliminate that.

And the replay clearly showed the ball was moving out of the QB's hands as soon as he was hit. "Ball movement" seems to be the determining factor in catch/no catch, so I'm not sure why it wasn't applied here. The ball was in the QB's crotch when his "knee/calf" hit the ground. That's not control.

But ... put it in the file of "nothing to see here .. move on .. they're just whining"

btw... Welcome Jacksonite

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I like the idea of a centralized review, rather than having an on site official looking at what he just saw on video. That could be done without a lot of changes. A centralized group of say, 3 officials look at the video, and their call is final. They tell the R what their decision is, and the game moves on. But again, there is protection and favoritism withing the officiating community, and I'm not sure how to eliminate that.

And the replay clearly showed the ball was moving out of the QB's hands as soon as he was hit. "Ball movement" seems to be the determining factor in catch/no catch, so I'm not sure why it wasn't applied here. The ball was in the QB's crotch when his "knee/calf" hit the ground. That's not control.

But ... put it in the file of "nothing to see here .. move on .. they're just whining"

btw... Welcome Jacksonite
                    No need to welcome me, I used to post here a long time ago under a different username. Can't remember what it was or which email it was under, but I've been here before and lurk all the time.

Comment

• Marty? MojoSpartan?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Please... not Marty.

I'd welcome 10 MojoSpartans before I'd welcome Marty

Comment

• LAIR!!!
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I like Mojo.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'll bet you do...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don’t be jealous…

xoxoxo
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X