No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying really hard not to get ahead of myself but who the hell would have thought in August, that M would make the CFP and possibly play for the NC?
    I'm there with you, Jeff. This is an amazing turn of events. As far as I'm concerned, everything after this is icing on the cake. Michigan wasn't even supposed to be competitive in the BTE. OSU, PSU and Indiana were all considered to be ahead of Michigan.

First, lets dispose of Iowa. Can't overlook them.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Iowa has nothing to lose. They play good defense and ST. They are well coached. Their offense is uttter poo. Don't see them scoring more than 13 against M. M will probably play it closer to the vest. All they need is a win...no style points needed.

HARBAUGH!!! 23 FERENTZ!!! 13
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Hopefully the players and coaches don't overlook Iowa as much as M fans.

Comment

• I am not overlooking them but it's virtually impossible to imagine a scenario in which Iowa wins that doesn't involve Michigan gifting them the game with three or four major mistakes -- either special teams breakdowns or turnovers.

Comment

• M came pretty close to losing to Nebraska if not for one more mistakes.

Comment

• Nebraska fully heathy at night in Lincoln is a much bigger hurdle than Iowa in Indy.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Mistakes are random and a result of a lack of focus. Sure, M could make mistakes in Indianapolis playing Iowa and gift them points. But since the MSU loss, the level of focus and the lack of mistakes by M has been impressive. The team is on a roll and, IMO, just played the best game an M football team has played in two decades. I imagine that they set the goal of not only beating OSU this year but also to play in the CFP. They're focused on the BT championship game for now. I'll be very surprised if Iowa wins that game on a neutral field. M will beat the Hawkeyes to reach the final goal they very likely set for the team back in August.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'd be a lot more concerned if this was going to be a night game at Kinnick, or even just AT Kinnick. M's record there is not good under any recent coach since Schembechler.

But, indoors, at Indy, with at least half the fans supporting Michigan, and coming off its biggest win in 2 decades, .. its hard to imagine Michigan not riding that momentum to a Championship. I'm not saying that Iowa can't win. They certainly can. They're tough, and they're well coached.

They may try to "Army" us and shorten the game to try to steal it at the end. But to do that, they have to gain yards consistently, while running the clock down. I can't see them dominating our defense that well. Not now. Maybe back in September, but not now.

Re: Nebraska. They played Michigan as tough as I've seen Michigan played all year long. Michigan was more in danger of losing that game than any other game in the season. They had our defense sucking air at the end when the fumble occurred. I don't like Frosty any more than anyone else around here, but I still think the Huskers are much better than their record.

Comment

• Josh Gattis named a Broyles Award finalist...
                    The Broyles Award reveals their five finalists - 3 offensive coordinators and two defensive coordinators.

Comment

• Originally posted by JRB View Post
                      Josh Gattis named a Broyles Award finalist...
                      There's an ironic turn of events.

Comment

• Jim Harbaugh will donate any bonus money -- he can earn up to $3.475 million -- earned from his contract this season to Michigan athletic department employees who had their pay reduced due to COVID-19 issues.

Comment

• Really missing that Ed Warinner this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            Really missing that Ed Warinner this year.
                            Not yet, but let's see if the OL play stays steady for the next few years. Do you remember Jerry Hanlon's retirement? The first year after, Michigan was still paving people. The second year, it fell off a cliff big time.

Comment

• I just hope Sherrone Moore sticks around. He's an Oklahoma grad, and OU's O-line coach went with Lincoln Riley to USC.

Comment

• Northern Illinois helps our computer rankings out again today. Beating the MAC champion by 53 points has turned out to be an unexpectedly nice little win.

Comment

Working...
                                X