No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't matter. You are the 3 seed regardless. One and done.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 2 seed maybe. Not that it matters though.

Comment

• It doesn't matter at all.

If the process was fair, Michigan would be ranked #1 tonight, and would play the #4 seed. But, fairness is not part of the selection process. Big money and TV ratings make the matchups.

I reiterate here what I said in the game thread. Why can't Georgia and Alabama play in the Semi-finals? Even if you split them up in the Semi's, they're both likely going to win, and end up playing for the NC. So, why not have them play that game first?

It will be M vs Georgia in one semi, .. and Bama vs CincyTucky in the other.

Then Bama will whip Georgia again for the NC

In the words of The Wizard .... YAWN ....

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The process is fair.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Then Bama will whip Georgia again for the NC

In the words of The Wizard .... YAWN ....
            I think this is going to play with the CFP Committee. Nobody but SEC slappy's are going to want to attend the NC in Indy where it's fucking cold and wet in December. A play-in game or NC game between an also ran UGA and dominant Alabama that will destroy them again isn't going to generate butts in seats and eyeballs on TV screens. That they ARE SEC slappys suggests they won't want to spend the bucks to travel up north or pay 10 Benjamins or more for a pair of seats not likely to be great.

OTH, if M is in Indy, you have a classic match-up between clearly the best two teams in CFB...... that's the goal, right? If it is, you move UGA to #5, rank M#1 and advance ND to #4. Those play-in match-ups are not only interesting but about perfect to get M v. Alabama in Indy. Huge M fan base in Chicago and Indianapolis and the Tide faithful will show up in droves like they always do.

Dream match-up. Make it happen.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'm looking forward to one of the two clear best teams in CFB playing an also-ran Georgia team in the CFP.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• We're dangerously close to my "fucking insane" prediction - I think as you called it - questioning my faculties and wondering if I had paid any attention to the CFP selections in the last 6 years because, well, you said, M hasn't been involved. True.

This time, M is and osu isn't. Enjoy getting whipped by the Utes in the Rose. Trust me on this one, osu is about to conclude the 2021/22 season at 10-3. The upside is that Pasadena is lovely in January.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• So happy for this man! Yea he frustrated me, but always waned him coaching my team!!

FF2SOV5UUAMIqC9?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Comment

• Yep...... we see Kirby losing his shit on the sidelines in his loss to Alabama and The Nick bad-mouthing the press and wanting respect from them. He said post game to reporters that they served up rat poison and that motivated him and the team. It may have ..... whatever.

Meanwhile you see a M football coach - a Michigan man - giving all the bonus money he's going to get from this season's wins back to the Athletic Department to be divided among employees that took pay cuts during COVID. Top that gesture with placing a patch on the BT CCG uniforms honoring one of the fallen Oakland students and having family members be honorary captains.

Michigan man. Derided but real.

Comment

• If there was any real justice in college football, Michigan would win the NC, and Paul Finebaum would have to hand Jim Harbaugh the Championship trophy.

I've been one of Harbaugh's toughest critics here in this forum. I was actually disappointed when Manuel brought him back this year. I wanted him gone.

But, Harbaugh made the right moves in getting rid of some deadweight in coaches, and bringing in some new guys and fresh ideas. Mike McDonald is exactly the guy that was needed to breathe life into the defense. Sherrone Moore has quietly become a top flight OL coach. Mike Hart came in and made the RB's tough again, instead of a bunch of sissified jitterbugs. John Harbaugh probably deserves some credit for putting Jim onto McDonald, because he was a total unknown. All of these things, plus a dogged resolve by the returning players added up to the juggernaut we saw perform this year. Save for a poorly officiated (admitted) MSU game, Michigan would be undefeated right now and without argument the best team in the country.

I don't care who they play from here on out. Play anybody, its fine with me. Stick us with Georgia in the Semi's. Play the game. I'm fine with it. I agree with what Jeff said above. If the NCAA was truly interested in fairness and what puts butts in seats, they'd follow the plan he described in his post. We all know the NCAA has no interest in anything fair, and the determining factors going forward is what brings in the most TV money. So I expect to see matchups that make money the top priority.

Its been a great season. This group is the best Michigan team since 1997. And they're a bunch of good guys too. I haven't seen any of them seeking individual recognition. They're together as a team, and they've played that way all season long. There are no prima-donnas. Just a bunch of guys who really enjoy the game, and enjoy playing on the same team.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                        So happy for this man! Yea he frustrated me, but always waned him coaching my team!!

Well said. Many questions remaining about Harbaugh, but those are for another day. The best option is for him to be the success we thought he would be, and this year that's how it happened. Both cruelty and character on display here.

Congratulations, gents. Hope you all drank something expensive last night. Lagavulin 16 for me.

Comment

• Thanks Hack and glad to see you back yes, I enjoyed last night hardly slept!

Comment

• Thanks, Hack ..... miss your precise commentary on many subjects. I think I had three glasses of vodka with the first starting when M went up 21-3. I can't remember. 🤣

Comment

• This may have been the best part of last night Maize and Blue Gatorade shower lol

Comment

• The best part is Ronnie Bell keeping Harbaugh in place while the players gave him the double sploosh. He took one for the team...

AND BELL MAY BE RETURNING NEXT YEAR!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X