Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    Matt Schembechler pleads people not to drag Jim Harbaugh into Bo conversation. "Don't take shots at Jim. He doesn't deserve it." Speaks highly of the Harbaugh family and says coming forward was not related to his comments from last week.

You can't blame Harbaugh for not having a good perspective on the issue on sexual assault against men, considering how profoundly he has gotten fucked in the ass by Ohio State for the past six years.
    Last edited by Hannibal; June 10, 2021, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Ouch
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It’s true.

Comment

• Speaking of the Harbaugh's, Jack was an assistant at the beginning of the Bo regime. He's still around. Maybe he could share some insight.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Jack was there 4 years into the Bo era, hired away from Iowa to be an assistant from 1973-79, then to Stanford as D-Cord in 80-81, before becoming the WMU HC in '82.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Speaking of the Harbaugh's, Jack was an assistant at the beginning of the Bo regime. He's still around. Maybe he could share some insight.
              Likely not. He will/would deny that he ever knew about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                Anyhow, due process is needed, but right now it doesn't look good for Bo. His own son is saying that he told him about Dr. Andersen and Bo did nothing about. If somebody did that to my son, I might be on trial for murder soon after that. The guy didn't even have protective instincts for his progeny. That's sociopathic.
                It would seem pretty hard for Bo to get due process regarding his stepson's allegations- being that there are no witnesses, evidence or any ability for him to have his day in court.

Comment

• Bo's legacy doesn't hang on the word of Matt Schembechler. Plenty of players have said they made Bo aware of what the doc was doing. According to Gilvanni Johnson, coaches would threaten to send them to see Dr. Anderson if they weren't practicing hard enough. This is completely FUBAR.

Comment

• Oh, I don't disagree about the players. The thing about that is if it was so widely known among the coaches and the team, that then the accountability extends well beyond Bo. If the coaches knew, then parents, girlfriends roommates and those inquisitive journalists at the Michigan Daily must have caught wind of it too. That it failed to dawn on ANY of them to bring this to the attention of law enforcement is just beyond comprehension.

Comment

• Maybe even Lloyd Carr knew about it ....

Comment

• I don’t see how he couldn’t have. Or Moeller, or anyone that spent more than a couple years as one of Bo’s assistants.

The only possible explanation that I can come up with is that at first they just thought it was normal sports physical stuff. Then it turned into some sort of hazing/ritual thing. It’s completely fucked. I’m glad I’ve been mentally checked out of the football program for a few years. Lessens the punch to the gut.

Comment

• The fertilizer is going to hit the ventilator real hard over this, and I just hope its not a death penalty. If that were to happen, several sports, especially women's would lose their funding, because they all count on football revenue to pay the bills. It would conceivably shut down the entire athletic program, with maybe the exception of men's basketball, which can fund itself.

I feel the same way, Mike. I've checked out emotionally with this team for a few years now, so if they get hit hard, its not going to affect me as much as it would have about 15 years ago.

Its time to pay up.

Comment

• I haven’t even thought about the NCAA. I wouldn’t think it’s in their purview given the amount of time that has passed but who knows?

Comment

• If it went down as it was described in the press conference, it is much worse than I thought but it fits with a pattern we have seen in all of these scandals. There is a big incentive to cover it up or wish it away because of the fear of how it affects the program in question. We have seen so many of these scandals and the actions of the coverup are all very similar. The same reason Lineygobiue worries about the blowback of possible sanctions to other university sports is similar the fear of this coming out during the time it happened. It would have been a scandal and it would have hurt the program then as well.

Comment

• I think M should give up it's half MNC from 1997.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X