No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They need McNamara to back up his talk, no doubt. But they also need the O-line to open some holes for Corum and Haskins. It'd be nice to see some running room for D. Edwards as well.

But, I wouldn't bet on it.

I'm expecting a game a lot like Army 2019. Its a losable game if M doesn't step up.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm more curious as to what attendance looks like than I am the actual game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        I'm more curious as to what attendance looks like than I am the actual game.
        I guarantee it will be announced at over 100K, ... even if only 78K actually walk thru the gates.

And, of course, it will be "a sellout", because the Athletic Ticket office will sell all the remaining tickets to vendors, technically making them all "sold".

Comment

• Same shit happens in Lincoln. This Saturdays 11am shitshow vs. Mighty Fordham will be lucky to draw 50k out of 90k. Labor Day weekend...11am...mask ordinance just renewed in Lincoln...we suck...oh and yeah...it's FORDHAM...

JFC
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

I'm more curious as to what attendance looks like than I am the actual game.
            Well, don't think the official count is going to be a great indicator (see Liney's post above). If there are huge swaths of empty seats and that's what you're talking about I'd agree.

Two years ago, I'd be all over analysis. There really is nothing I want to analyze. COVID and whatever the 2020 season garbage was about has doused any enthusiasm for that. What we have are unknowns. M football has gotten so bad it's like you'd hope the white board was completely erased. I doubt it.

I'll be attending the WMU game. Sorry to read in this thread Tom won't be there. Mike? It is really hard to get excited about it. Expectations are low. Not going to Ann Arbor for the game but rather to see family and friends. After 50+ years of avidly following M football it just isn't what it used to be. Strange. I'm staying though for the the Udub game. After that I'm pretty much done. Next home game I could attend, and likely won't, would be IU on November 6th. The time between Udb and IU I'll be out of town ...... assuming the "do something BS' doesn't shut down travel both national and international. Travel is the one thing I can still enjoy because I simply don't enjoy M football anymore.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Attendance will generally be down, IMO. Maybe a little moreso with HARBAUGH!!!!, but down generally.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Jeff, I might make an appearance at a tailgate in the next week or two but, TBH, I’ve hardly thought about it.

Comment

• One of my son's friends works in the ticket office. As of last Friday, only 80k tickets have been sold. 66k are reserved for general season ticket holders and 19k for students. The rest are University comps and 'general public'. Given that Western is the opener, think the bowl will be 80% full?

Regardless, I'll wager the 100k streak remains intact. :^)
                  I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Time to reinstate "Band Day".

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

Well, don't think the official count is going to be a great indicator (see Liney's post above). If there are huge swaths of empty seats and that's what you're talking about I'd agree.

Two years ago, I'd be all over analysis. There really is nothing I want to analyze. COVID and whatever the 2020 season garbage was about has doused any enthusiasm for that. What we have are unknowns. M football has gotten so bad it's like you'd hope the white board was completely erased. I doubt it.

I'll be attending the WMU game. Sorry to read in this thread Tom won't be there. Mike? It is really hard to get excited about it. Expectations are low. Not going to Ann Arbor for the game but rather to see family and friends. After 50+ years of avidly following M football it just isn't what it used to be. Strange. I'm staying though for the the Udub game. After that I'm pretty much done. Next home game I could attend, and likely won't, would be IU on November 6th. The time between Udb and IU I'll be out of town ...... assuming the "do something BS' doesn't shut down travel both national and international. Travel is the one thing I can still enjoy because I simply don't enjoy M football anymore.
                      I'll be there for both the WMU and Washington games, Jeff. But like I thought when we discussed it here last week, I won't be dropping by Doug's tailgate this weekend. I'm planning on doing so prior to the Washington game when I'll have a ton more time.

What time does Doug set up at the Scio Church Road lot?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Time to reinstate "Band Day".
                        I'm 💯% on board with that idea!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post

What time does Doug set up at the Scio Church Road lot?
                          4:00 AM

Comment

4:00 AM
                            LOL, I believe it for the Noon and even the endangered 3:30 games.

What about for the night games such as Washington next week? If he's setting up early morning that day I might head to Ann Arbor earlier than planned.

Comment

• Whenever the lot opens (or even sooner, occasionally). For the night games, I think the lot opens at noon. Possibly earlier but I would plan on him being set up around noon for a night game.

Comment

• I think he has an agreement with the Lindeman's where they allow him in a bit earlier than the other customers. If Michigan was still a good team and winning like they should I'd almost expect to see Doug with a Class A motorhome back there, camping out the entire weekend ...

Comment

Working...
                                X