Michigan Football, 2021 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This thread needs a bump so I'll toss in this picture from 2019

70366265_3316041295087507_8663013606570328064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=qSisKaoWX0AAX87IJMk&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=ced80c518e4c44792f67511999136aee&oe=615F88DB.jpg

Left front to right .. Geo W, Mike S, Tom W. Liney, Doc Hodgeman, Jeff B.

Back left to right, Sean B, Obi-Jon's son, Obi-Jon, and Doc Hodgeman's son (sorry, I don't remember his name)

The young fellow up front is Tom W's son.

Pre-covid was so much better.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Looks like a police lineup...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Nice. Think about stopping by Liney. Would be good to see you and that's what the phone call last Saturday was about.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Attached Files
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Nice. Think about stopping by Liney. Would be good to see you and that's what the phone call last Saturday was about.
            Maybe a bit later in the season, Jeff. I'll be watching from home with my kids.

Comment

• Wiz, which one are you in that picture?

Comment

• I'm Booger
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You want to watch Michigan football on Sundays? Watch the Baltimore Ravens. Great win for the Ravens and John Harbaugh who just beat the Chiefs 36 - 35.

With the Ravens failing on a 2 pt. conversion with about 3 minutes left in the 4th hoping to make it 38 - 35, Mahomes got the ball back at his onw 25 and drove to the Raven's 40 with a sure FG looming and 1:35 left on the clock the next play ..... FUMBLE! Ravens get the ball back and run the clock out. The key coaching call was on 4th and one from their own 40 for the Ravens and plenty of time for Mahomes if the Ravens punted, Harbaugh calls to go for it and Lamar Jackson picks up the first. Game over, Ravens win. That was fun.

But I digress. The Raven run plays out of what appears to be a run heavy offense ..... in the NFL??? ..... looks a lot like M's with TEs up the wazoo and all sorts of OL gimmickry, pulling guards, crossing TEs slots and WRs, centers, you name it, it confuses the shit out of the opposing teams LBs. Who am I supposed to block? What gap am I covering? Gaping holes emerge for RBs and, well M doesn't have one of these - Lamar Jackson RO keepers ..... a lot of them.

So, yeah, executing the RO or RPO and not getting killed on either, I'd guess, is a key part of M's offense under Gattisbaugh. As the season goes on, DCs are going to figure out the OL gimmickry and make it hard on Haskins and Corum. It seems to me that if M is going to compete in the Big 10 East, the RO has to be incorporated as more of a key component rather than a one off, once per quarter thing.

Lamar Jackson under center for the Ravens is a giant upgrade compared to any of M's QBs who are stupidly fearless. Not only is he a 4.3 guy in the open field, he's shifty getting through the wash at the OL and knows how to avoid getting hurt when he keeps it. I don't know how you teach that or how much risk Harbaugh is willing to take developing any of his QBs to be true RO guy he needs to complete his "Ravens look offense" and competing in the BT East but figuring out how to do that and keep whoever emerges healthy is key.

There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• The Michigan offense this year could be labeled: "What happened to the FB?". I haven't seen a FB on the roster, much less on the field.

Comment

• Michigan v Wisconsin kickoff time has been announced.

Kickoff will be Noon EST, and 11:00 am Local time in Madison.

The cheeseheads will have to pound the liquors early to get into game mode.

I'm a bit surprised that this is not a night game. Most Michigan road game kickoff times are set up to give the home team a maximum advantage. See: "being Kinnicked".

Anyway, the Badgers will roll no matter what time it is. M hasn't won in Madison in decades.
                      Last edited by lineygoblue; September 20, 2021, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Fox is really pushing that noon timeslot for their Games of the Week. I think they figure there's too much competition in prime time

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Fox is really pushing that noon timeslot for their Games of the Week. I think they figure there's too much competition in prime time
                          I'm surprised that even the Fox yahoos would want to be up that early on a Saturday. I wonder which three former bucknuts will be in the broadcast booth.

Comment

• Any chance when HARBAUGH!!! comes to Lincoln it can be a 3am kickoff...so nobody in the country sees the bludgeoning of FROST!!! by HARBAUGH!!!?????
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You're selling your team short, Wiz.

Frost will have the Huskerz playing like its a bowl game, and Michigan sucks in bowl games.

Comment

• STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X